No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hauled my fat ass and my chair in and out of my car 12 times today. Thai's 12 ins and 12 outs.

Comment

Originally posted by baldfatdad View Post
      I hauled my fat ass and my chair in and out of my car 12 times today. Thai's 12 ins and 12 outs.
      And it's only what? Early afternoon? Plenty of time to do it a couple more times...:-)

Comment

Looking good there, Katja.I admire you for learning something new, and something really hard to do! (Having just finished reading "The Boys In the Boat" and "Flatwater Tuesdays" I have new appreciation for the skill required to row well.

Pushed myself today, and have paid for it the rest of the day. 33 miles with 2,034' climbing on my road bike. It's been two summers since I've done this particular loop around Hayden Lake in N. ID. Plenty hard for me; moderate workout for all the AB bikers.
        CCS/Walking Quad

Comment

Nice ride Charles. I hope you had fun. I've only done that ride in a car, and I know that it is pretty but has lots and lots of ups and downs, nothing you can settle into a rythym on which always seems to make it harder.
          C1/C2 walking quad, SCI from 4/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Katja View Post
            And it's only what? Early afternoon? Plenty of time to do it a couple more times...:-)
            How'd you know? Did it three more times, two in the rain. But a boys got to go party.

Comment

How'd you know? Did it three more times, two in the rain. But a boys got to go party.
              That's the spirit!

Comment

Originally posted by Katja View Post
                That's the spirit!
                Where are you paddleing? I lived in Glenwood Sprs and don't think I ever saw a piece of water big enough to run a scull on. Or if there was the wind probably blew down a canyon live the devil.

Comment

Where are you paddleing? I lived in Glenwood Sprs and don't think I ever saw a piece of water big enough to run a scull on. Or if there was the wind probably blew down a canyon live the devil.
                  This is Union Reservoir in Longmont, on the Front Range. It's one of the few natural glacial lakes in Colorado. There's also rowing on Cherry Creek Reservoir in Denver, Boulder Reservoir, and Horsetooth Reservoir in Fort Collins, but Union Reservoir is wakeless, which is really nice.

Comment

Back from three weeks, here are a ton of pictures:

http://coconinocycles.blogspot.com/2...ew-mexico.html
                    Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Row the Rockies Regatta:
                      Masters Womens 1x
                      Novice Womens 2x (placed 3rd)
                      Adaptive Mixed 2x (managed to miss our race but were allowed to run anyway)

Upshot: 1 medal (well, a pint glass), 3 finishes, no tipping (although my adaptive crewmate tipped in his prior race), no ramming :-)

I'm tireder now than I've been in a really long time.

Comment

Steve.
                        Feel free to post more videos of your rides. They make me nostalgic for days of hiking mountains. As a former hiker, I really miss the beautiful views of the west when my family and I went out there before my accident. I ride my handcycle here in Ga. but my husband and I are thinking about trying to fly out to Crested Butte next year and renting one of their bikes to ride the trails around the adapted center-just to be able to see those mountains again!

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelandy View Post
                          my husband and I are thinking about trying to fly out to Crested Butte next year and renting one of their bikes to ride the trails around the adapted center-just to be able to see those mountains again!
                          You would want to contact Meredith at the center I think, her fianc? Jake makes the hand cycles
                          Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Sorry been off the grid. Spending this week in Kiawah Island SC. 2 hour trike ride this AM and then crutch walking on the beach. First week off in over a year - have to do better in the near future. Still keeping up a good routine of activity and exercise.

Lately seems like I have one set of physical issues after another - SI joint strain that flattened me for about a week 2 months ago. Various other neck and back pain flare ups. They all usually seem self limited, but I always worry that one day one will be a sign of some inexorable decline. In spite of it all, still seem to be moving forward, albeit 2 steps forward, 1.5 steps backward.

Still checking in on everybody else's posts.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Dan, sorry to hear you've been having a string of physical issues, and I hope they let up for you. You're looking good there on the beach, though!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0033.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	746.4 KB
ID:	2658891Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0032.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	282.5 KB
ID:	2658892Thanks Katya. Enjoyed seeing your rowing shots. Years ago I remember sailing a Sunfish on Boulder Reservoir.

Here are a few more shots from South Carolina. My wife and I went for a ride along the Kiawah River and marsh.

Comment

Working...
                                X