No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mopped the kitchen floor, took 40 minutes, empty the dish washer, and put more in, (standing) folded two loads of laundry, walked cat, two hour practice band practice, (standing) with a fifteen minute break during band.

Comment

Jody - nice work, that sounds like a big day. Everything but your trike.

Comment

Workout??????

Today, 5:30 AM Got Up,,, tried to wake up dogs, no go, 9:45 AM phone call, Dad, "Let's look at the ocean, I don't think we'll go out", Liar, We did, set 80 90lb lobster traps, Bozo, [me] "let's lift a few of the old ones" I figured maybe 25 to 40, Nope father wants to haul 100, we do, found another 13 from last year. Long story short I make it, every time I faulter " are you alright?" Actually we do pretty good, get on the cell sell all the proceeds, get rid of the lobster, make a 15 mile round trip to get rid of the crab, than make another 10 mile trip to give aunt a few lobster. I'm beat, shot, and used, glass of Chardonay and 2 hot dogs for dinner, shower, and if I'm lucky I'll slip into a coma like 5 1/2 years ago tonight. If not I'll finish the bottle of wine. Too much, too soon. Do I really need a work out? I'm my own best friend, and own worst enemy. Peace be with you, but, not at this address!!!

Comment

Daily, start range of motion around 5:00AM doing each leg about 45 min. 120 push ups in bed, shower and dress. Wheel 35 pound manual chair around a quarter mile outside on nice days. 39 years post one slows down a lot but can't ever give up!

Comment

Saw the doctor last Monday; fracture line still somewhat visible on x-ray but range of motion is mostly back, still a little painful. He said I could start with light weights and carefully resume climbing on toprope. Apparently, "controlled loading" helps bones to heal Probably need at least 2-3 more weeks before I can really trust it.

Climbing gym on Tues/Thurs/Sun: elliptical for 30 mins, bicep curls, steadily increasing weight on the machines, then an hour of bouldering.. started with the VO- and worked up to V0's, then V1's, and did a V2 yesterday. Some short bouldering on easy cracks seemed to be ok too .. will start toproping again this week and see how that goes.

Went for a training hike on Wednesday evening, and a mountain bike ride Friday evening - wore hard-shelled elbow guards this time

Feels great to do yoga again

Comment

3.5 - 4hrs on the one-off, don't know - didn't look at the time........1,000ft vert climb on singletrack with liberal #'s of big, chunky rocks. it made me loopy. topped out @ 9,000ft. 1st ride of the year where my body felt like it fit the bike & my neck felt OK.......i'll try to get pics on my blog link ASAP. Steve.
              Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Yesterday's workout:

Bicep curls - 2 sets of 15
                Hammer curls - 2 sets of 15
                Tricep Extension - 2 sets of 15
                Military Press - 2 sets of 15
                Shoulder Press - 2 sets of 15
                All above w/5 lb weight, I wish I had a 7lb for some of them

Also did:
                2 sets of 25 pushups (on hands and knees)
                2 sets of 25 "shoulder pushups" (a PT exercise, hard to describe)
                2 x 2min in plank position

Also did 2 sets of 15 (with 1lb weight) 2 diff rotator cuff strengthening moves

I want more for my triceps, any suggestions? I haven't really been able to do tricep dips w/out angering my shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by jgrant27 View Post
                  Yesterday's workout:

I want more for my triceps, any suggestions? I haven't really been able to do tricep dips w/out angering my shoulders.
                  I am a fan of 'skull crushers' for triceps - not sure if that would anger your shoulder.
                  Then there is always therabands - hook it to a door knob and press your elbow into your side to stabilize the humerus (upper arm) then extend elbow. You can make 'em scream with this.

Garro - 9000 ft , huh. Very nice I bet.
                  Rhyang - good job working around injury.
                  I am afraid I am going to have to do that for the next few weeks - I dinged my shoulder - overdoing (me..... overdoing????) the skiing. Shoulder is clicking and I think I have impingement of my biceps tendon. A perfect time for the snow to melt.. before I really screw myself up. Most recent workout has been working on an IRS audit
                  Actually, I spent 3 hours in the Vegetable garden planting asparagus, rasberries. Lots of balance on uneven ground, bending - boo hoo,.. it was hard work. Yesterday, rode the stationary bike for an hour while surfing (the internet).

Oldtimer - 39 years in a chair - wow
                  Alhavel - you are a freakin' animal. I wonder if you could send me a lobster on ice - what would it cost?

Comment

Had to change a flat tire on my van! Only took about 35 mins.

Pat

www.gofreewheel.com

Comment

Originally posted by arndog View Post
                      Garro - 9000 ft , huh. Very nice I bet.
                      nice to be in the aspens! no leaves yet. spent yesterday polishing & hand bending 4130 aircraft cro-moly & then slept really shitty. tired today........ good luck on the audit, arndog. good work, everybody!!!! Steve.

Comment

1 hour elliptical trainer. 6 hours - preparing documentation for IRS audit. I prefer the exercise. Never left the house. Not a great Sunday.

Comment

Hi all.

Posting for my dad - it has been awhile... But he continues to make slow, steady progress. He's walking with forearm crutches full-time now.

20 min walking on a treadmill at 1.5 miles/hour with no bodyweight support.
                          Walked 30 feet, 3 times, with only 1 crutch. very very very hard.
                          20 min leg/core exercise on the pilates table
                          30 min pool therapy - walking, squats, kick backs.... lounging in the jets..
                          Walked up/down the stairs inside and outside of his house

ouch, arndog.... were you actually audited or is this in anticipation of a possible audit? I dread this, and have been watching the mail. I'm so sorry... hang in there, and good luck.

Comment

Yikes, good luck with the audit Jon !

Toproping at the climbing gym last week .. kinda pathetic after a month off. My tris and lats were not in good shape, but they felt better climbing yesterday .. left (weaker) side muscles ache today. Training hike last Wed. and a bike ride on Monday.

The elbow still aches a bit, and I seem to be short of about one degree of extension. I guess it's going to take a while. Doing ROM aggressively. Doing pullups is still too painful.

Hope to get outside to a local crag later this week ..

Comment

3hrs. of single track on the one-off including a 1,000ft climb in 1.7 miles & a *ripping* descent on moist burmed turns, pulling 2-wheel drifts at speed - SWEET.......pics on my blog link in a little while.........Steve.

Comment

Mowed Lawns!

I have a hand controlled mower that I use. Climming on the trailer and on the mower several times takes the stink out of my *&%$. My legs are very week and I have to pull them up on the trailer. I just finished my moms house. I don't have enough in me to do my mother inlaws house or mine. I could always wait for the city to mow it.

Comment

Working...
                                X