No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice video, Jett, and what a good looking trail. You made my heart skip a beat when you almost went off the edge. There is just barely enough room for your bike on that trail. But sure looks like fun.

I'm enjoying the Felt e-bike. I do have to be careful not to get in over my head. Have been doing that, some road biking and some fly fishing. Seems that all the activity is helping my stamina. Thanks for this group and your activities for helping to motivate me.
    CCS/Walking Quad

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8078.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	189.3 KB
ID:	2658736

Got in 3.5hrs yesterday, have a video but don't know how to post it??..
      Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Here it is!

Comment

Attached is a photo from the Miners loop trail. A fun trail with a lot of technical features.
          Made through four days of riding without any blood letting events! Must be slacking!

Steve - The Moab Mania event is scheduled for late Sep to early Oct each year. The trip I just got back from was the first time TASP has held a trip in the spring. I will have to study the Slickrock sign closer next time.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Jett; 25 May 2015, 5:36 PM.
          1977 - C5 ambulating Quad

Comment

Such a cool photo, Jett!

Comment

Originally posted by Jett View Post
              Steve - The Moab Mania event is scheduled for late Sep to early Oct each year..
              Ahhhhhhh……...

Same time as my anniversary, it's beautiful here, and we go to Baja in Oct…….

You cats should move it to Sedona & stay at my place!

Comment

Name:	IMG_8141.JPG
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	2658761

Got out for an unknown time but long enough to be sore, got hailed on!

Comment

Almost 4 hrs out @ 9000ft on singletrack

Name:	IMG_8181.JPG
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	2658780

Comment

I go to a place called PowerTrain sports institute 3 days a week. Today I did core. I started with
                    Shoulder lockouts- 8 reps with a 4 second hold at the top, followed by a 10 second hold. 3 sets per each side
                    Plank to push up on a bosu ball- 3 set of 12 reps
                    Clam shells- laying on my side squeezing a foam roller between my knees. 8 reps with a 3 second hold. 3 sets per side
                    Seated band crunches/back extensions- 3 seconds down 3 seconds up for 12 reps. 3 sets

On the shoulder lockouts I lay on my back with a heavy dumbbell on each side of me. Each one has a resistance band hooked to it. I'll grab one band at a time with both hands, hold it against my chest. At this point there is some resistance pulling me to that side. I press up until both my arms are straight up towards the ceiling and hold for 4 seconds. When my arms are straight up its trying to twist me to the side and I use my core to keep me flat. Do a set with one side then switch to the other. I've been doing this one for 5 weeks now and notice a huge difference.
                    c6 inc since 2-19-11
                    ex pro-am motocross racer
                    tilite aero z s2

Comment

Was paddling a lot and then got SHUT DOWN- my left foot swelled up, got fevers, red lymphangitis spreading up past my ankle -admitted to the hospital for bacterial cellulitis - treated with IV Vancomycin and Unisyn for 48 hours. Missed work for a week since I couldn't sit upright without it elevated. Two weeks down the lack of exercise drain - happens every year - I never have seen this infection progress so fast within hours essentially - moral of story - take care of your feet - hygiene, anti fungal, minimize dank old kayak booties.Click image for larger version

Name:	bbbbbbbb.jpg
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	2658788

Comment

So sorry to hear about this. Great advice. Baby those feet.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Comment

Today was chest and back day
                          Bench press- 3 seconds down with a 1/4 rep at the bottom. 4 sets of 8-12 reps
                          Dumbbell rows- 2 second hold at the top. 4 sets of 8-12 reps with a 10 second hold at the end of each set
                          Incline dumbbell press with band resistance- 4 second count down. 3 sets of 12 reps. 10 fast reps with just the band at the end of each set
                          High band pulls to my neck- 2 second hold. 3 sets of 12 reps. 12 fast reps at the end of each set

We do a lot of time under tension workouts. 3 seconds down on the bench press means I lower the bar slowly taking 3 seconds before it hits my chest. The 2 second hold means I pause at the top of the row for 2 seconds before lowering the dumbbells back down.
                          c6 inc since 2-19-11
                          ex pro-am motocross racer
                          tilite aero z s2

Comment

Originally posted by arndog View Post
                            Was paddling a lot and then got SHUT DOWN- my left foot swelled up, got fevers, red lymphangitis spreading up past my ankle -admitted to the hospital for bacterial cellulitis - treated with IV Vancomycin and Unisyn for 48 hours. Missed work for a week since I couldn't sit upright without it elevated. Two weeks down the lack of exercise drain - happens every year - I never have seen this infection progress so fast within hours essentially - moral of story - take care of your feet - hygiene, anti fungal, minimize dank old kayak booties.[ATTACH]57101[/ATTACH]

DAMN!

Did you have a cut?

I Lysol my booties after every use after i got an infection in my foot in Baja - it didn't blow up like that but it took a long time to kill.

Man…….you got some ugly feet, dude!

Comment

Been harvesting for two days now back to work, more next week. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8220.JPG
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	2658791

Comment

Yowza, arndog! Please take care of yourself.

Today I learned to scull. It was a blast! A lot of work, but easier on the shoulders (IMHO) than kayaking.

I'm the one in the front in the blue shirt.

Name:	10580799_1100355656644734_1148751158350068792_o.jpg
Size:	281.6 KB
ID:	2658795Click image for larger version

Name:	11393306_1100355829978050_7082631918190653983_o.jpg
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	2658796

Comment

Working...
                                X