Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7858.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	2658704

Got in 5.5hrs of paddling yesterday
    Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Did a 5K on Saturday in 20:30, which was great considering how early it is in the season! Since I knew I won my division (of 2), I hung around for the awards. They did overall women, then overall men, then they started in on age groups. Sigh. So I waited through all the age groups, but when they started raffling things off, I gave the event photographer a tap and asked her to go up and ask if they were going to do a wheelchair award. After some scrambling about, they managed to dig up my time and give out the award.

Comment

Name:	10983193_10206454767385661_4974294473211313860_n.jpg
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	2658714

3.5hrs solid yesterday, non-stop = COOKED

Comment

Chess counts if you are the knight in full size game and have to keep jumping over all the other pieces

Comment

Went out and rode up to the top of the
            Forbidden Fruit Flow Trail yesterday. First ride of the year in the high
            country.
            One small area of snow but, very good otherwise. I am little rusty
            but, felt pretty fast coming down the flow trail.
            Good warm-up for our Moab
            trip on Thursday.
            https://vimeo.com/127381763
            1977 - C5 ambulating Quad

Comment

Jett - cool video, looks a little scary.

Revis - liked your post about the electric assist. I can't safely balance an upright 2 wheeler, but can foresee possibly adding electric assist to my trike - something much more preferable than not using it at all. Our lives are all about accommodation, especially with SCI, but even without it; people with SCI just get a head start on accommodating as we get older.

Participated in the Cap 2 Cap ride last Saturday, a big cycling event here in eastern Virginia. More than 2500 riders. Used to do the century ride each year back in the day, but was very happy to get in a metric half century, ~ 35 miles, this year. Felt good, weather was beautiful. I was less drained by the longer ride this year.

Comment

Jett - great video - you probably think, 'Hey, I'm already paralyzed...lightening won't strike twice'. Really perfect trike trail. Great job. Keep those videos coming'. Hey Dan F - are you back to work?
                I keep paddling Tahoe. I wish it were the Pacific Ocean but really it is a jewel of a place to spend time in.

Comment

Name:	IMG_7919.JPG
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	2658728

Got back from 4 days paddling = I may have caught a cold, but it was awesome!

Comment

Jett,

Love this video. Is this a bike trail or hiking trail that allows bikes?

Comment

Yesterday I spent a couple of hours riding a Force 3 - I'm trying to decide if it's time to trade up from my 15 year old Top End Excelerator Gold. The sun has finally come out here after weeks of rain so I got a little sunburned.

Today I did the Colfax half marathon (pushrim division) in Denver - only my second half. My first was five years ago at sea level. Got a little more sunburned.

Comment

Revis – Good looking bike! I went to a electric assist kit on my handcycle mountain bike a year ago. It’s the only way I can keep up with those darn young Para’s.

Arndog – The risk of being hurt is in the back of my mind but, it’s not my main focus. There is something about being in the moment/zone that nothing else in the world matters except what is right in front of you. I find it extremely exhilarating and after 38 years of SCI I love that feeling of being live!

Dan F – This portion of the mountain bike trail is roughly three feet wide. Not very much room for error!

Tarheelandy – This is a mountain local bike trail. It’s about a three mile ride up to this section and the last 1/4 mile is steep with a half dozen switch backs. Coming back down to the parking lot is a blast!

Steve – You should join us on one of the Moab trips. I would be great to have you pass on some of your advanced MB knowledge!
                        1977 - C5 ambulating Quad

Comment

Originally posted by steve garro View Post
                          [ATTACH]56905[/ATTACH]

Here is one of Glen - man that was fun!

The dinner afterwards was just deeee-luxe

Was it just last year?!?!?
                          can I say oh wow

I want to move top Sedona area soo stink bad but.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jett View Post
                            Revis – Good looking bike! I went to a electric assist kit on my handcycle mountain bike a year ago. It’s the only way I can keep up with those darn young Para’s.

Arndog – The risk of being hurt is in the back of my mind but, it’s not my main focus. There is something about being in the moment/zone that nothing else in the world matters except what is right in front of you. I find it extremely exhilarating and after 38 years of SCI I love that feeling of being live!

Dan F – This portion of the mountain bike trail is roughly three feet wide. Not very much room for error!

Tarheelandy – This is a mountain local bike trail. It’s about a three mile ride up to this section and the last 1/4 mile is steep with a half dozen switch backs. Coming back down to the parking lot is a blast!

Steve – You should join us on one of the Moab trips. I would be great to have you pass on some of your advanced MB knowledge!

I love moab went down the colorad in 2009 western rivers were great tryiny to get my brother and his wife to go to dam can/t go by myself bummer

Comment

wt loss

don/t know how much but 2 iches chest 3 waist and 7 in hips yea

lol my but measures 1in bigger than when I got hurt but.. the tummy is bigger than my 9 months lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jett View Post
                                Steve ? You should join us on one of the Moab trips. I would be great to have you pass on some of your advanced MB knowledge!
                                Those are April, yeah?

Just super bad timing for me.

But I'll be there in Late June, I think I'll go river boating - it's hot!

You know my picture is on the interpretive sign about the history of the Slickrock Trail?

Comment

Working...
                                X