Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7562.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	2658577

And a two hour peddle, which hurt.
      Man, I am suffering from tennis elbow, bad.

Comment

I did a gentle 10k on the road yesterday and a less gentle 5 and a half hours on the One-Off today:

Name:	IMG_2262 (600x800).jpg
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	2658580

Name:	IMG_2272 (800x600).jpg
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	2658581

Name:	IMG_2292 (600x800).jpg
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	2658582

Name:	IMG_2302 (800x600).jpg
Size:	211.0 KB
ID:	2658583

Name:	IMG_2305 (600x800).jpg
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	2658584

Comment

I got back on the handcycle today for a short ride after a week off due to a smashing my hand in a gate (while trying to get my handcycle out!).

Comment

Stretched while watching basketball, crutch walk around the block with wife and dog a few times, elliptical 20 min. Didn't get on the water...

Comment

Glad you're back out there Katja.

Adrian - that looks like beautiful, but really gnarly terrain.

Had a great weekend in New York with family, but didn't get much exercise in. When I miss several days I can really feel it. Back to the routine this week - personal training in the pool 2 days ago, yoga class today, crutch walk in the neighborhood this evening; hope to get some trike rides in this weekend.

Comment

Adrian - Now that's some hard riding

Comment

Duplicate post
                  Last edited by Adrian; 29 Mar 2015, 1:33 PM. Reason: Duplicate post

Comment

Back on the One-Off today. Only just over 1.5 hours (17.5 km) and it was fairly good, firm trails. The up-hills were long and drawn out, not quite steep enough to absolutely need to change out of high ratio gears but not really comfortable in the bottom of high ratio and you end up getting a really good work out in a slightly too high a gear for a long stretch. It was pretty much sprinting all the way and I need some food and a rest now.

Comment

Name:	11133667_10206186471398429_7518351293003586848_n.jpg
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	2658617

I am gradually getting back on the bike (I cracked a rib & twisted my collarbone) but boating and fishing is AWESOME right now!

Comment

Digging all the dirt out of my planner boxes so I can put screen on the bottom because of the damn moles.
                        Its fun digging from a chair, but it's great exercise.
                        T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Comment

Originally posted by flying View Post
                          Digging all the dirt out of my planner boxes so I can put screen on the bottom because of the damn moles.
                          Its fun digging from a chair, but it's great exercise.
                          By "fun", do you mean "not fun"? :-) I've been trying to get a start on the digging/planting here (Colorado) - it's so dry that the soil is like dust, but for some reason that doesn't make the digging any easier.

I will be doing my first 10K race on Saturday, about a month earlier than most years - must be global warming.

Comment

@Katja
                            Yes its defiantly harder to dig from a chair. So have you tried to loosen up the dirt by soaking it with water, this helps.
                            Good luck with your 10K race. So does the race chair seem like its hard on your shoulders?
                            T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Comment

Originally posted by flying View Post
                              @Katja
                              Yes its defiantly harder to dig from a chair. So have you tried to loosen up the dirt by soaking it with water, this helps.
                              Good luck with your 10K race. So does the race chair seem like its hard on your shoulders?
                              I'm giving my planters a day-long soaker hose orgy, and we'll see.

I've found racing hard on my lower back and my wrists and hands, but not shoulders (so far - I've been at this for 5 years now). That could be because I'm not very fast (understatement). I also notice it in the pecs, especially after a hard chest workout with the weights.

Edited to add: my husband reminds me that in the beginning I did feel it in the front delts a lot. I haven't noticed that as much in the last couple of years.
                              Last edited by Katja; 5 Apr 2015, 2:58 PM.

Comment

I did seven hours on the One Off today. Time for a shower.

Name:	IMG_2406 (800x600).jpg
Size:	222.0 KB
ID:	2658621

Comment

Working...
                                X