No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone's very noisy. Looks like a great time.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Comment

It was 68 degrees in Boise yesterday, a record by a few degrees, so I went for a bike ride in shorts and short sleeves, drafting behind AB friends on their tandem. It was hard. My average hart rate was 150, pretty high for an old fart, but I felt OK, and I only had to beg for mercy a little. It was a great day.
      C1/C2 walking quad, SCI from 4/2010

Comment

3 hours paddling in the pouring rain during a small craft advisory on Lake Tahoe this afternoon. Lets hear it for drysuits. The skin on frame kayak at 30 lbs is manageable despite my gimpiness.

We are getting some well needed precip. Skiing seems like a distant dream but the water will bring the lake level up and may be pretty with snow on shore the next day or 2.

Revis, Flying, Cajun, Truly, Steve, vjls - hello. Keep at it. To stop is giving up..... I hope more people join in here. Click image for larger version

Name:	mmmmmmmmm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	2658461

Comment

Sorry for my infrequent posts. Always enjoy reading about everyone's exploits, challenges, and triumphs. Pictures are invariably awesome.

Definitely agree that illness is more of a pain in the ass with SCI. I had the flu and norovirus over the past 2 months and both kicked my butt. Fatigue and spasticity ratchet up big time; but it does feel good when it passes.

I'm keeping pretty steady with my rotation of activities. Typically try to do 2 of each of the following each week: yoga, weight training, water aerobics/swimming, and recumbent triking. I also do a lot of stretching every morning and before I go to bed. Feel like certain things keep moving forward, although my gait doesn't seem to change much. I'm still on high dose Baclofen. Had 2 beautiful rides this weekend; temperature was in the 60's.

Arndog - I do love chamber music. My wife plays professionally and teaches violin at William and Mary here in Williamsburg. Here's a link to a video of her group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iicMICSCak

Katya - you might recognize the venue; it's the Great Hall in the Wren Building

Comment

Dan F - lovely performance - I recognize Tom Marshall. I hope you're feeling better after all those bugs!

The coach of the local sculling club has started an adaptive program. Indoor now, on the water once it warms up. I've been 2 two practices and one competition, and I'm having fun. I'm rowing with a fixed seat, and have found that it's really challenging my core and (to my surprise) my hamstrings - I think because I'm bracing my feet and getting a sort of isometric contraction going.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6681.JPG
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	2658466

Originally posted by arndog View Post
              ..... I hope more people join in here.
              Any ideas, anyone?

Can we send an invite to another sub-forum?

Also, I have been doing tons of metalwork, going to Baja for a quickie on Feb 23rd
              Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

I am still here but, haven’t done much out of the ordinary.

Still swimming twice a week, 1200-1600 yards a practice.
                We have had a pretty wimpy winter this year and have not had much motivation to go out skiing.’'
                Trying to get out on the mountain bike every couple of weeks depending on the weather.I have to travel south but, at least it’s still an option.

Short video of the downhill portion of a ride in the Boise foothills three weeks ago.
                https://vimeo.com/116550721
                1977 - C5 ambulating Quad

Comment

That looks incredibly bumpy, treacherous and terrifying!!

Originally posted by Jett View Post
                  Short video of the downhill portion of a ride in the Boise foothills three weeks ago.
                  https://vimeo.com/116550721

Comment

good grief can that getaway from you speed wise ? pretty neat but that has to be double tough you are 1 fit dude

enjoyed it

Comment

Over three hours of really hard riding in perfect conditions - COOKED - I need to ice my forearms!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6727.JPG
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	2658473

Comment

Originally posted by steve garro View Post
                        Over three hours of really hard riding in perfect conditions - COOKED - I need to ice my forearms!

[ATTACH]56511[/ATTACH]
                        where I love az I did and do so want to move there but ....

love your pictures

shees I such a woos up to a little over an hr on my table cycle best thing is my right arm muscle is back yeah its filled back up

Comment

Here is a little different perspective on why low paras or incomplete quads should take up flat water kayaking -
                          Drone footage - paraplegic winter kayak in skin on frame kayak by Cape Falcon at sunset

Comment

that kool tks

Comment

Originally posted by arndog View Post
                              Here is a little different perspective on why low paras or incomplete quads should take up flat water kayaking -
                              Drone footage - paraplegic winter kayak in skin on frame kayak by Cape Falcon at sunset

Hell yeah!

Off to Baja on Monday for 11 days - going to Lee's again mid-May - let's go!

Comment

whoop can/t find a scale to get on but a tape works well too in 2 months I have lost 2" in chest 3" in waist 3" in hips drop a full pants size

I am using table cycyle an hr plus a day burning it says ant where from 500 to 660 calories a day depending on me yeah

now I know I never get back pre sci but maybe another couple of sizes shees where did I get this blob

Comment

Working...
                                X