What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LooseCannon View Post
    Thanks, arndog. My wife and I are exploring kayaking and would like to do do some island hoping. Based on your experience, is it possible to break down a chair and strap it to a kayak?
    Here is one of the biggest problems, is in doing that you would make your boat hugely top heavy, even if it was possible, which it is, just lots of cam straps - i spend most of my time in a chair, FYI

I'm making myself a pair of break-down crutches for the upcoming season so they will fit in a hatch

I do the same thing as Arndog (we got to boat together sometimes - how is mid-may looking?) take my crutches and wobble/crawl = if just day boating, I don't take crutches, just kind of "seal" out onto the beach???.not alway pretty, but effective.

A sit-on-top kayak is allot easier to get into - I'm treating myself to this soon??.may have to go paddle it on the Rio Colorado in March or so:

http://jacksonkayak.com/jk-kayaks/kayak-fishing/kraken/

Yesterday i got out for 2.5 solid hours of no-stop single track riding in Sedona on the one-off = I keep forgetting my camera?.
    Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Did some cardio today 30 minutes 15K.
      Current Wheelchairs: Sopur Helium aka Quickie Q7 (lightest spec) rigid frame with Spinergy Spox Wheels
      Sopur Xenon same frame as the Q7 (lightest spec) folding frame With Spinergy LX (custom)

Comment

Excellent. Welcome to the forums and the workout thread.

Comment

PatD and I rode seven miles of the Boise greenbelt out to the Eagle bike park last week.
          We did a few laps on both the pump track and the flow trail. Nice sunny day, great just to be outside.
          Best of health to the group in 2015!
          Attached Files
          1977 - C5 ambulating Quad

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	10499369_10204821122824170_5273562863227065607_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	2658377

And happy Soul-stice!

Comment

I mostly ride my bike for exercise, and I don't walk much because it always feels hard and doesn't get easier, but recently I have decided to give it a more concerted effort again. Today I hiked five miles, and as usual I was moving slow and feeling slightly thrashed at the end. This was my fifth day in a row of hiking. I guess I'll keep at it for a couple more weeks and see if it improves any.
              C1/C2 walking quad, SCI from 4/2010

Comment

Originally posted by cajun View Post
                I mostly ride my bike for exercise, and I don't walk much because it always feels hard and doesn't get easier, but recently I have decided to give it a more concerted effort again. Today I hiked five miles, and as usual I was moving slow and feeling slightly thrashed at the end. This was my fifth day in a row of hiking. I guess I'll keep at it for a couple more weeks and see if it improves any.
                Maybe build in some rest days. It might not be a good idea to go all out with a new physical activity for weeks on end.

Comment

Wow, Cajun, that's some significant walking distance. I walk 5 days out of 7 and I rarely do 5 miles. 2.5 to 4 miles will always leave me thrashed. That's some major pushing, but, knowing you, that doesn't surprise me. Hope you discover improvements along the way.
                  CCS/Walking Quad

Comment

Originally posted by steve garro View Post
                    [ATTACH]56252[/ATTACH]

And happy Soul-stice!
                    Fantastic Photo...... We are coming down that way again ...................... would love to see you again my brother from another mother.....
                    CJ

Comment

Hi Katja and Charles, I am alternating long walk days, and short walk days, and I will probably take about one day off a week. Thanks.
                      Last edited by cajun; 31 Dec 2014, 9:27 AM. Reason: Addition
                      C1/C2 walking quad, SCI from 4/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Cjt8 View Post
                        Fantastic Photo...... We are coming down that way again ...................... would love to see you again my brother from another mother.....
                        CJ
                        When?

Also, I got out for a great 2.5 hour single track ride, and now it's dumping snow.

Lots of metalwork as well.

Comment

Happy New Year, friends. Stay active. N. ID has been really cold. Seems to bring out all the worst in SCI.. By evenings quite a bit of pain. Have made it out skiing 3 times. Last Sunday was 4 hours of fresh, 1.5 feet of powder. Was thrashed after that. Walked 1.5 miles yesterday in 15 degrees. Hard to get motivated to ski in 7 degrees and shade.
                          CCS/Walking Quad

Comment

This week I have cycled every alternate day, between 2 and 3 hours each time. A couple of road rides and a couple of one-off rides on single track that would have been too muddy if it had not been frozen hard enough to let me past.

Comment

every day since christmas i do functional strength training for my hands (i do have full hand function) to hold my grip during winter season basically if i need to wheel down a ramp or steps and my push rims are wet from snow (or whats left of it). 2x15 reps each hand with different resistance is what i do.
                              Current Wheelchairs: Sopur Helium aka Quickie Q7 (lightest spec) rigid frame with Spinergy Spox Wheels
                              Sopur Xenon same frame as the Q7 (lightest spec) folding frame With Spinergy LX (custom)

Comment

Darkrider - glad you are getting on it. Thanks for posting! Tahoe has abysmal snowpack. Nordic is on life support. I got in one nordic day - today kayaked with 2 ABs on Pyramid Lake. It was gorgeous, empty, went to the north end where there are geysers, Tufa like Mono Lake, got in a few hours of paddling - I love it.
                                Loosecanyon- what islands are you referring to? Maybe you could put a folding wheelchair on a 21 foot tandem on the deck. But I agree with Steve Garro that it is unrealistic on a single kayak. Raises center of gravity too much. What level is your injury? It is hard to stabilize a kayak without trunk function.
                                Happy New Year everyone.
                                Tomorrow - kayak Lake Tahoe on my day off.

Comment

Working...
                                X