No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kayaking in Tahoe during storm. Couldn't get anyone else to go . Went by myself. Very beautiful.

Comment

Got out for three hoursClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6434.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	2658334
      Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Was wondering if Arndog was out in the howling winds on Lake Tahoe yesterday trying to surf those big waves with his kayak? We're getting mostly rain up here and just about the time we have enough snow on the slopes to ski I'm either off working or it has turned to rain. El Nino is good for the CA drought and bad for the Northwest snow pack. My exercise of late is getting up and going to the office to work followed by a 2 mile walk in the dark when I return home.
        CCS/Walking Quad

Comment

RevisI did not go out the past 2 days - I was working while the storm raged. I would have liked to have seen 7-9 ft waves from the beach. Whoa. 4 days before , I did a solo overnight after paddling into the middle of the lake. It was incredibly calm.I was treated to an amazing sunset. But that would have been great to see the fury of the lake yesterday.Click image for larger version

Name:	aaaaaa.jpg
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	2658337Click image for larger version

Name:	ssssssss.jpg
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	2658338Click image for larger version

Name:	dddddd.jpg
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	2658339frost on the sleeping bag in the morningClick image for larger version

Name:	fffffffffff.jpg
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	2658340Click image for larger version

Name:	qqqqqqq.jpg
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	2658341

Comment

Not exactly a workout, but had a milestone of sorts this weekend. In my previous life - before med school and pediatrics - I was a Juilliard trained bassist. I had been slowly trying to get back to playing some since my accident, but hand tightness and spasticity made it slow going. However, things have improved and this weekend I played in public for the first time, the Messiah at Bruton Parish Church in Williamsburg.
            Attached Files

Comment

Who's that handsome guy with the bass? :-). Congratulations on your re-debut!

I used to sing in that choir (well, in the Evensong choir).

Comment

Dan F- that's fantastic. Congratulations.

i have been riding my bicycle almost every day, about ten hours a week lately, and the weird thing is I think that it is helping my clumsy left hand gain back a little touch sensation and loosen up the spasticity. I use road bars now, and I change positions often, using touch some to locate my hands. If I did the exercises that the OTs gave me for my hands, I couldn't do them for nearly the same amount of time.
                C1/C2 walking quad, SCI from 4/2010

Comment

Dan - That qualifies as a work out for sure.. Great job...

Comment

Very nice pictures, Arndog. Love that you were out there catching such beautiful scenery. Would have loved to be AB again and catch a windy day windsurfing Lake Tahoe. I caught a few good days here on Lake CdA before my injury, there is something really special about windsurfing in beautiful surroundings. Most windy places aren't very pretty. DanF, that is huge progress and I agree that it qualifies as a workout. Just putting a tie on my body is a workout. I avoid those as much as possible.

Workouts: 1) 2.8 mile hike on Saturday with 500 foot elevation gain and 2) 4.45 mile hike on Sunday with 800 foot gain. Here are some pics:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00020.JPG
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	2658350Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00050_2.JPG
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	2658351Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00071.JPG
Size:	226.8 KB
ID:	2658352Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00097.jpg
Size:	424.1 KB
ID:	2658353
                    Last edited by Revis; 16 Dec 2014, 9:09 PM.
                    CCS/Walking Quad

Comment

Sorry about the size of these pictures. Next time I will resize them even smaller. It's hard to gauge dimensions.
                      CCS/Walking Quad

Comment

Got in a 3hr ride that was super great but I forgot my camera!
                        Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

revis - great photos especially that last diffuse lighting shot. Dan - do you have to sit higher than a standard chair to play bass or even stand? Juillard - whoa. Are you a chamber music fan by chance? If so, we have more than SCI in common. Steve - does Flagstaff have snow yet? We are mighty dry here still.

Comment

arndod - what kayak are you using and how do you transport your chair on the kayak

Comment

Loosecanon I use forearm crutches - which I strap to the deck. My buddy, Mark Wellman, paddles and camps but leaves his wheelchair behind at the put in. He just crawls out of the boat , and we are 'limited' to camping on a beach where we can just plop out of the boats onto a tarp and cook and hang out for the night. To do more you need to have AB friends willing to go and willing to help.

Comment

Thanks, arndog. My wife and I are exploring kayaking and would like to do do some island hoping. Based on your experience, is it possible to break down a chair and strap it to a kayak?

Comment

Working...
                                X