No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I entered a half marathon and realised that it is only three weekends away so I went on the racing chair for the first time in nearly a year this weekend. One gentle six miler and one flat out ten miler. Those chairs aren't made for up-hill but the downhill is fast.

Comment

Three more hours of single track on the one-off = pics to come, fall is upon us.
      Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Our local adaptive program held a off-road handcycle camp two weeks ago.
        We were out for four days of riding on the local trails and also in the Stanley Basin area.
        A lot of fun with a good group of people! Need to heal up quick......Moab Mania outing is in a week!
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W340wLiqdMs
        1977 - C5 ambulating Quad

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	cccc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	987.7 KB
ID:	2658141 Two things that Reno does't have - pouring rain and waterfalls. Sea kayaking out of Seward, Alaska in Resurrection Bay. Did 24 miles that day in the pouring rain. It was a memorable and magical day. Now back in Reno working hard, resting sore paddling muscles. Wil see Steve Garro and his better half in one week in Flagstaff before another Grand Canyon River trip.in october - exercise- will be trying to row as much as I can.

Good job everyone!.

Comment

Name:	IMG_5134.JPG
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	2658142
            It was glorious out, see you soon, JA.

Comment

After a fairly long trip (2+ weeks) during which I managed nothing athletic except sightseeing and a couple of push ups, I went out with a couple of buddies yesterday for a nice 13 mile handcycle ride. We got back just before the rain and lightning hit. It felt good to be doing something stretchy.

Comment

Name:	IMG_5361.JPG
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	2658159
                Just got back from three days paddling - felt great!

Comment

Steve- thanks for reminding me with that photo why I like the Southwest desert so much…the color of the water reflecting that golden wall is great. See you next week!

Comment

Originally posted by arndog View Post
                    Steve- thanks for reminding me with that photo why I like the Southwest desert so much…the color of the water reflecting that golden wall is great. See you next week!
                    Bring lots of rainy gear, we are 2x the yearly average, and it's dumping right now!

Comment

I have had a busy weekend. Yesterday I cycled for 7 hours on a mixture of small roads and forestry trails:

Name:	Greenways.jpg
Size:	210.8 KB
ID:	2658185

This morning I did the Cardiff Half Marathon on a racing chair, 1hour 21 minutes. There were a couple of short steep up-hills at about 11 miles that felt a lot steeper than they should have done.

Comment

What bike is that, Adrian?

Comment

The bike is a Greenspeed - 1999 model. It won't do the same kind of trails as the One-off but it is good for easier off-road stuff. It is rear wheel drive, has a mountain drive, it is comfortable, turns in no space. It does the kind of off-road stuff in the picture below fairly well. It is better in Traffic than the One-off as you have better awareness of the cars around you.

Name:	IMGP0259 (2).JPG
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	2658186

It was the first bike I got after breaking my back. It is not a great road bike, it is not good at really challenging tracks but it does both alright, so on a mixed ride it is good. They are well built and takes loads of abuse.

Comment

Name:	get-attachment.aspx.jpg
Size:	301.9 KB
ID:	2658187

Kayaking on College Creek in Tidewater, VA near Jamestown. Thanks for all the inspiration; not sure I would have gotten out here without it. Was on the water for about 3 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan F View Post
                              Thanks for all the inspiration; not sure I would have gotten out here without it. Was on the water for about 3 hours.
                              How did you like it?!?!?

Comment

Did my first century ride Saturday. No Hill Hundred in Fallon, NV. I was cranking for 7.5 hrs and had a moving average over 13mph. I had minor back surgery in May that had me out of commission for a couple of months. So pretty happy to get out and push myself. I was toast at the end of the ride, even without hills. Long sections with bumpy roads took a lot out of me. Overall a good event for adaptive cyclists though.

http://www.strava.com/activities/203389952
                                Adaptive Sports Forums.com
                                http://adaptivesportsforums.com
                                Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Comment

Working...
                                X