No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow great photo- Steve - I wish I saw that flash flood…..
    Very sad for Floundacker - he must be heart broken.

I am headed to Anchorage for 2 weeks of kayaking adventure. Mostly out of Seward. Hope to see whales, calving glaciers and calm waters in bays. We will do a sea taxi to the Fjord to the west of Seward. Maybe a few nights out camping. Otherwise in a rent a yurt somewhere in Seward. My buddy lives in Anchorage and is the planner. Be back with great adventures hopefully if my health just holds up.

Comment

Thanks for the updates on Mark, Revis. I passed along the link here to some folks on apparelyzed.com who have known Mark the past few years.

Loved the picture from your trout fishing expeditions. Reminded me of "A River Runs Through It," although I've been told that real trout fisherman weren't crazy about that movie.

I'm coming up on 3 years post injury. The progress you keep making Cajun is very encouraging. I'm still getting stronger. Some things are improving ever so slowly at this point, but still seem to be moving in the right direction. I'm keeping to my smorgasbord of activities: triking, yoga, weight training, water training, lots of stretching. I went kayaking for 3 hours on the James River near Jamestown last week with an AB friend. Actually felt pretty good; hope I can do more of that. Also, coincidentally, I have turned over 3,000 miles on the trike right around my 3 year anniversary.

Been thinking about people who have been there for me through this whole process and have kept me going. This online community is definitely on the list.

Comment

If any of you are interested, I also have a long running blog:
        http://coconinocycles.blogspot.com/2...st-lots-o.html
        Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

I've been following this thread for years -- love looking at the pictures of the beautiful places you guys get to and love reading about your progress. I wish my son (C5 incomplete, 5 years post-injury) could add outdoor cycling of some kind to his workout programme. He can use an upper limb ergometer without assistance and has some motor function in his lower limbs -- more on the left than on the right. He does assisted walking a couple of hours a day (Kunming Walking Programme). Any advice on what kind of a bike he could use? I've seen "hybrid bike" mentioned in this thread. Thanks in advance.

Comment

For the record once you find a way to exercise that suits your abilities its the most wonderful thing in the world. My journey began to really hit its strap when my doc said I could be diabetic if I don't stop with sugar and up my workout plan.
            Well, a good year and a half in my doc reckons I look good, I've booted raw sugar right out of my diet and I am smashing out over 500 cals a day on my stationary handcycle...which puts me into massive bonus territory for my diet, which by degrees is getting healthier and healthier. My gut has shrunk noticeably and my shoulders are not round anymore, but broad and square again.

All I need to do is cut back drinking to a stubby a week I reckon.
            "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

Comment

Steve Garro, great stuff. Thanks for posting. I walked out of a Boise restaurant last week and saw one of your bikes parked outside. You do beautiful work, and it was fun to check out the real thing.
              C1/C2 walking quad, SCI from 4/2010

Comment

Originally posted by arndog View Post
                Wow great photo- Steve - I wish I saw that flash flood?..
                Very sad for Floundacker - he must be heart broken.

I am headed to Anchorage for 2 weeks of kayaking adventure. Mostly out of Seward. Hope to see whales, calving glaciers and calm waters in bays. We will do a sea taxi to the Fjord to the west of Seward. Maybe a few nights out camping. Otherwise in a rent a yurt somewhere in Seward. My buddy lives in Anchorage and is the planner. Be back with great adventures hopefully if my health just holds up.
                Alaska is wonderful.
                Adaptive Sports Forums.com
                http://adaptivesportsforums.com
                Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Comment

Originally posted by cajun View Post
                  Steve Garro, great stuff. Thanks for posting. I walked out of a Boise restaurant last week and saw one of your bikes parked outside. You do beautiful work, and it was fun to check out the real thing.
                  Cool!
                  My family is from up there, ever see the Garro building on Bannock St. in Boise?
                  My great-great grandparents settled the valley of the N. fork of the Snake, my GM was born in Teton, ID and my dad in Blackfoot, ID.
                  Cool to have random Coconino Cycles sightings, thanks!

Comment

That flash flood picture is very cool, Garro. Boy do you have a ton of Idaho roots. You should come home! (Just kidding.)

Thought everyone should know that you if are ever invited to eat Jambalaya at Cajun's house/kitchen you must say "yes." Thanks for the super-tasty dinner on Sunday, Cajun.

My exercise today before doing some work was cutting grass, edging and blowing...roughly 1.5 miles of walking and moving. Have been toast all day since. But better to do it when its 70 instead of the 89 that it is right now.
                    CCS/Walking Quad

Comment

Originally posted by Revis View Post
                      That flash flood picture is very cool, Garro. Boy do you have a ton of Idaho roots. You should come home! (Just kidding.)
                      I know…….I really do need to, it's been about a decade.

Going out on the off road hand cycle today, took three weeks off it, it thrashes me, but I love it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5020.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	2658050
                        Got 4 hrs in - I was buried in ferns at some points!

Comment

10 miles in the racing wheelchair - the last 4 in driving rain. I'm feeling a little cold and damp now.

Comment

Hi guys, great to read about how everyone is doing. I rode over the coast from my house, yesterday. 61 miles in under four hours, back up through the famous Bandon dunes golf resort. I guess the miles don't really matter, its how long and hard one cranks that counts. Anyway cranked hard for almost four hours. Fun to ride over and see the fog and crashing surf.
                            T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9626.jpg
Size:	769.6 KB
ID:	2658056Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9650.jpg
Size:	608.6 KB
ID:	2658057

Another week to go. Auspicious beginning the first night I got there with a rainbow. Second picture is Portage Lake on are way to Whittier, AK.

Comment

Wow, Arndog! This takes me back. Whittier is pretty cool and I was fascinated at how people live there year-round. Sounds like a fantastic trip.

Today's workout involved four hours on my feet in the kitchen, a 1.25 hour trawl through Walmart and a half-hour of pilates and yoga stretches. This probably wouldn't impress an AB, but you guys know how hard this kind of lineup can be. The best part was that I could do it, so no complaints here. Need a bit of a rest, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X