• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3281.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	2657782Climbed for 2.75hrs, descended for 45min.
    Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Now that coaching is done I am getting my groove back. Water temps are 60's so surfing is getting back into my routine. We had a pretty nice swell here in MD early in the week. I traveled to the Jersey shore for a hurricane shutter job and lucked into quality surf up there too. Wheelchair lacrosse yesterday. Today is relax at the beach day. Surf was flat but the weather is great. Been riding a few times the last couple weeks and starting to get my legs back.

Comment

I did the Longmont Triathlon last week, pretty much without any training, which was interesting. If you have the choice between doing a triathlon trained or untrained, I'd advise trained. But the other wheeler in the race and I decided to just make it a fun workout together, and we finished 1,2 with 4 seconds time between us. Yesterday I did a 10k, and it wasn't too bad.

Comment

When out with the folks from Club Ride for a photo shoot a few weeks ago with my Bomber handcycle.
          They are a bicycle clothing manufacturer with their headquarters based out of Ketchum ID.
          They were gracious enough to include me in their Spring/Summer 2015 catalog.
          I probably still need to keep my day job but, it’s fun to experience new things. See page 10.
          http://issuu.com/clubride/docs/clubr...ummer_final_hi
          1977 - C5 ambulating Quad

Comment

And we can say we knew you when! :-)

Comment

Cool photo. Looking good.
              C1/C2 walking quad, SCI from 4/2010

Comment

That's a very good shot of you, Jett. One of the best, if not THE best, in the catalog. Love it.
                CCS/Walking Quad

Comment

Went out and rode a portion of the Lodge pole trail Monday night.
                  Pretty technical for the handcycle but, a lot of fun!

Just a couple more inches of width on that rock bride please!
                  The WRBC was out and working hard to restore the trail after last years fire.

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer.
                  Attached Files

Comment

10 days out in the forest:
                    http://coconinocycles.blogspot.com/2...of-single.html

Comment

Swim the one mile event in yesterdays Broadside harbor open water event.
                      Felt much more at ease this year and was 3 minutes faster than last!
                      Attached Files

Comment

I did six and a half hours on the one-off today. Mostly good tracks but I got stuck in a ford and had to get off, sit in the water to free the bike and get back on at one point. The hill up the other side was lots of loose rubble and took a long time of forward a bit, back a bit, then sprint forward a few metres and rest, back a bit and sprint again. A nice smooth downhill to finish though was very welcome.

Comment

Congrats Jett. Three minutes faster is a big improvement.

Adrian, we call days like that an adventure. Sounds tough.
                          C1/C2 walking quad, SCI from 4/2010

Comment

Another four hours on the one-off today. Some of that was improvising repairs but it was still a good workout.

Comment

Got two hors in before the lightning hit
                              Attached Files

Comment

Went out for a 2.5 hour MTB ride this afternoon in Adams Gulch. I have always passed by the Griffin butte turnoff so, decided to take a look.
                                Went up the trail for a roughly a mile and encountered a water crossing that was pretty overgrown with willows and couldn't see the other bank.
                                Decided to error on the side of caution since I was by myself and had not seen any other riders on that section of trail.
                                Will have to schedule a riding partner and go back out and give it another try. Very beautiful canyon.

Need to get a earlier start from now on......Very HOT!

Keep cranking Steve, Adrian!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X