No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arn, I'm afraid I unintentionally hijacked your thread.

"We now return you to our normally scheduled discussion"

Brock

Comment

for me it's about getting off the pavement...........spent a great afternoon canoeing a couple of days ago in 30mph winds - sporty. we knew it was going to snow the next day {and it did - 50mph gusts & snow} so we went out & i'm glad we did - limited out on trout {12} and saw allot of raptors inc. seeing an osprey take a trout out of the water 30ft away. gonna file/polish brass all day today {my job} until my hands and forearms cramp - usually 4-5hrs. then i gotta fix my one-off..... F-ed up a brake cable snagging it on a stump at speed last ride. rock on ya'll! good work all around.........Steve.
      Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Cave - you aren't hijacking it - you are 'on topic'. And it is everyone's thread. I feel the energy from you and fuente and your hard work. Keep it up.

One more week of nordic skiing - yesterday gave a lesson to a new skier who has been a wheelchair racer - Sherri, don't know her last name. We had four sitskiers out which is kind of cool and the day was beautiful - probably skied 3 hours total.You can see the dirt is starting to show...

Comment

One more still photo of our posse from yesterday

Comment

which one are you, bro?

Thanks for that!

OK today was 30 min Spinnaker recumbent, interval program one, level 5, 30 min

Then Shoulder press, front, lateral and bentover dumbell raise, standing str8 bar curl, preacher curl, concentration dumbell curl, wrist and hammer curls

lunch is chicken breasts and brown rice with Thai chili/garlic sauce.

If you don't mind I'm going to start adding nutrition information. One of the big myths is that if you train insane you can eat anything you want. Way wrong.

Brock

Comment

Originally posted by smirking1 View Post
              not to be a smart ass, but. before i got hurt....i played football,wrestled and played baseball and spent the first 21 years of my life trying to get bigger and stronger......now (maybe just me) i look at the guys all bulked out and ask "how does that guy even wipe his ass" or "how is he flexible enough to transfer in and out of a vehicle and pull the chair in?" i look at the scrawny lean guys that can transfer like nothing and sometimes wish i had the lean genes....
              Not a smart ass at all, everyone has their own definition of what's fit for them. In addition seen many a top tier bodybuilder move on to other sport. Bennet and Wilkoz went on to be champion road cyclists, Paris does triathlons, etc.

It's about getting out and being what you want to be and not letting our condition determine what we do, just change the parameters.

I'll tell you about the 17 year old in our posse sometime. Had a bad fall in a wrestling meet and essentially ripped his left side apart from armpit to ankle. he'll always have footdrop but he still digs in, straps his braces on and does his squats and deads.

Puts me to shame.

Brock

Comment

Brock - I am in the gray t-neck with the white hat. Here I am showing how easy it is to talk to five year olds when you are doing para-sports !

Comment

Awesome! You look abit like my AA bud Little Andrew. He wants to do triathlons but trashed his acl and has almost no cartilage in his left knee, so I'm trying to get him to consider using a racing chair like me.

To show you how big his traps are, we call him "No Neck". He'd be a natural in a chair. ittybitty legs and long ass monkey arms with thick back and traps.

You still rock climb?

B

Comment

I went horseback riding. 3 hour trail ride through the Ganaraska Forest. chilly but fun.
                    C3/4 Brown Sequard

Comment

Will hit the park this afternoon for a 4 mile roll.
                      Recovering from this weekends hockey tournament.. 5-0 Go SledHawks!
                      Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rbrauer View Post
                        Will hit the park this afternoon for a 4 mile roll.
                        4 miles, that's a commendable push!

Up early with the sun for a solid hand cycle through my hilly neighborhood. Some coffee and breakfast then time for squats and balance work...

Comment

nice going Rick and alpentalic. Finally, you are out on your new handcycle - hey - what do you do for balance work if I may ask?

Comment

Inspired by a really old post of Carbar's about stomach crunches AND this thread, I managed to fit back into pants I purchased more than ten years ago. I barely wore them because they were office-type pants and then I got my job as a communicator with police wearing a uniform everyday ...

I haven't been able to get into them for about three - maybe four years. I remember - not when - but specifically being in a hurry to go somewhere and not being able to do them up - not even close.

Part of it was being so sick last year and losing weight ... and part was that I committed to doing 'something' at least three times per week and writing it down in my calendar.

With David gone, it's even better as I have more time to devote to ME.

Of course I can only come up less than 45° ... can't do a full one ... but it certainly burns.

Thanks exercise forum!

*slowly backs out again*
                            Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Lynnifer - so glad that this thread can actually help motivate others and you ! Don't slowly back out - sometimes this thread distills to the exercise fanatics (I resemble this remark) who would continue exercising even if a giant meteor were about to hit the earth - and we need new folks to jump into the fast moving river towards good health ! Jump in !
                              jon
                              Last edited by arndog; 6 Apr 2009, 5:05 PM. Reason: grammar correction replace were for was (conditional)

Comment

I'm still riding and writing... just back from national track cycling champs were I managed a third in the 500m time trial. Now I'm training hard for road championships in three weeks while trying to get something constructive done on my PhD thesis - oh and someone convinced me to do a 'little' consulting work on the side. Ah well, keeps me busy and getting fitter all the time although the B&B issues seem to become more problematic the more I do but I think its just location and convenience issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X