Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    AlexAgain, how's the cycling going? Check out FatWheels for adult training wheels. I found them effective for balance & enable focusing on my feet pedaling, hard to turn with however. Good luck! http://www.fatwheels.com/

    No time lately for a decent workout, and I'm feeling it : ( Must swim or xc ski soon!

    Comment


      Heavy Rack pulls last night, shot for 425 lbs and choked but still did a decent 405 for 3, followed by smith machine presses and standing rows. Cardio and ab work this AM. Having more and more hip pain issues so offthe treadmill and using the Spinnaker system for stationary recumbent.

      Waiting to hear from Blaze Sports about track practice and my first "Team in Training" meeting is the 26th.

      Then next fall shoot for my first BB show in spring '10. Jason Greer is GOD and Geno is his High Priest.

      Brock

      Comment


        Nice Cave. You mention that you are having more and more hip pain. Pain originating from the spine like radiculopathy can present as hip or buttocks pain. I hope your pain isn't coming from your back and spine. But if it worsens, it may be something to consider....
        Keep up the good work.
        jon

        Comment


          I'm doing bupkus

          I am sooo frustrated. Incomplete L3-4-5 Cauda Equina. When I exercise get an immediate increase in length and severity of clonus, spasms and spastic episodes. The increase in baseline pain is tolerable but when I get the rest it is dreadful.

          increasing walking and bicycle very slowly 10 minutes bike, same for walking in more than a slow amble.

          keep trying new meds but no luck so far.



          bill
          Kindly,

          The Ketamine Kitty

          All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

          Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
          don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

          And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

          Comment


            greer is a big boy. better start supplementing more now thou) and yes geno is his princess.

            great attitude brock, rock on







            Originally posted by cavemuscle View Post
            Heavy Rack pulls last night, shot for 425 lbs and choked but still did a decent 405 for 3, followed by smith machine presses and standing rows. Cardio and ab work this AM. Having more and more hip pain issues so offthe treadmill and using the Spinnaker system for stationary recumbent.

            Waiting to hear from Blaze Sports about track practice and my first "Team in Training" meeting is the 26th.

            Then next fall shoot for my first BB show in spring '10. Jason Greer is GOD and Geno is his High Priest.

            Brock
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com
            c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
            sponsored handcycle racer

            Comment


              I haven't tried the bike again - it's been rainy. I just can't seem to find a good cardio workout so I hoped the bike would work out.
              C3/4 Brown Sequard

              Comment


                Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                greer is a big boy. better start supplementing more now thou) and yes geno is his princess.

                great attitude brock, rock on
                For those who don't know who Fuente and I are speaking of, behold!

                Comment


                  heavy bench day, then db press, cable flies and skullcrushers, db tricep press.

                  cardio room was empty so i and another bb'er went in and worked on posing routines.

                  weighed in at 195, up from a post op low of 179. I'm happy!

                  Brock

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by cavemuscle View Post
                    For those who don't know who Fuente and I are speaking of, behold!
                    there is only 2 ppl whom even are in his league, thats victor and colt. victor hasnt even competed because of no competition, i have heard he may come out to throw down w/ greer. again those 3 are in an entirly different realm than the rest of the wc bb ppl.

                    takes years of crazytraining to look like victor and greer.
                    Bike-on.com rep
                    John@bike-on.com
                    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                    sponsored handcycle racer

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                      there is only 2 ppl whom even are in his league, thats victor and colt. victor hasnt even competed because of no competition, i have heard he may come out to throw down w/ greer. again those 3 are in an entirly different realm than the rest of the wc bb ppl.

                      takes years of crazytraining to look like victor and greer.

                      Thats pretty much what I do! Been back at it for 8 years now!

                      competed in the late 80's till I sobered up and realized I needed a real job and a future ( that and Chris Dickerson telling me he was getting a contact high from the volka oozing out of my pores during my posedown)

                      Old hand at the dog and pony show, i just dont talk about it much.

                      Brock

                      Comment


                        Damn just noticed in that pic- he did rip his pec!

                        OOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

                        Comment


                          Work hard is the key .....some of us can ...some not ....depends on level of sci and the way our brain ,spine ,attitude do the job.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by cavemuscle View Post
                            Damn just noticed in that pic- he did rip his pec!

                            OOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
                            yah, i saw him talk about it on a u tube video w/ a guy fro muscular development. he wants to get it fixed. fyi- thats a great hardcore mag. keeps up on good/bad labs as well.
                            Bike-on.com rep
                            John@bike-on.com
                            c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                            sponsored handcycle racer

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by cavemuscle View Post
                              Damn just noticed in that pic- he did rip his pec!

                              OOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
                              I competed along with Jason Greer at the 1997 World Wheelchair Games in the Bench Press. I was thankful that we were in different weight classes because he was huge even back then and really powerful. He pushed over 400 Lbs. and got the gold in his weight class and then won the overall a few days later. I remember he hurt his pec in that competition and I had to help him get through the airport. I believe he also competed for the U.S. team in the 2000 Paralympics but did not place in the top three. He must have torn the pec sometime after that.

                              Damian

                              Comment


                                not to be a smart ass, but. before i got hurt....i played football,wrestled and played baseball and spent the first 21 years of my life trying to get bigger and stronger......now (maybe just me) i look at the guys all bulked out and ask "how does that guy even wipe his ass" or "how is he flexible enough to transfer in and out of a vehicle and pull the chair in?" i look at the scrawny lean guys that can transfer like nothing and sometimes wish i had the lean genes....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X