What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woman from Europe View Post
    I have been skiing all my life except the last 13 years so I have been skiing many years post SCI. But since the sitskis are so expencive here, I can't afford it, I have never tried. And this rehab is the only place it is possible to borrow sitskis. It is no place to hire and no place to buy used. If I was under 26, I could have got it, but I am not. The only way to try to get is to say I want to go skiing with my 12 year old but I think it is difficult. But he is not so good skiing because he doesn't have anybody to ski with so he is one of the few children here without ski. I only need to drive 10 minutes to find a place to ski, because it is forrest all around Oslo and a lot of ski tracks for nordic skiing. We use to take the train out of Oslo when I was small and then ski all the way home to the house. That is not possible the way I live now, but still possible to the place I grew up. My daughter use the same track when she is skiing. She loves to ski but not with a small brother behind
    No problem if you want to try sit-ski, see page 26.

Comment

Great job , Leif. You are an inspiration to others !
      Today -
      sitski 2 hours.

Comment

got in 3 hours of off-road handcycling a few days ago. hard! been off the bike & on the ski & paddle. the one-off is much harder then both. hope to go paddling/fishing on the colorado river tues/wed, weather allowing..........Steve.
        Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

snowshoe (slowshoe) up Hawk's Peak 1200 ft climb - 3 hours
          What about you, Garro?

Comment

Getting over a bad uti so today was my 1st workout in a week ...

cuff weights for biceps & forearm - then arm bike for 1 hour

damn UTI!
            Inc C4 since Oct 07

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing" - Optimus Prime

Comment

I've been sick for a while (simple cold). I hate taking it easy, but when i push the activity level, I start to feel ill again. it's frustrating..
              what do you guys do when you're only about 70%?

Comment

If you push too hard when sick, it will take longer to recover. I don't think there is any harm in doing very easy workouts. Stationary bike at low resistance, stretching, stuff like that. Sometimes it is better to just rest and wait till you feel better.
                I hope that feeling better comes soon for you. Have you continued to upright nordic ski?
                Big T - UTIs definitely shut you down. Plus they jack up my neuropathic leg pain....
                Glad you are back at it though....

Comment

thanks arn - I hate how run down / unmotivated they make me! one day i couldnt even get out of bed - now I just have to push harder to get back where i was!
                  Inc C4 since Oct 07

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing" - Optimus Prime

Comment

Originally posted by arndog View Post
                    snowshoe (slowshoe) up Hawk's Peak 1200 ft climb - 3 hours
                    What about you, Garro?
                    Not much to report from here today, eat a huge rib-steak, just to keep my intestines up running and busy. But the prime rib was mmmm. Anyhow keep up walking in the snow.

Comment

Originally posted by arndog View Post
                      What about you, Garro?
                      just got back from two days kayaking on the colorado river. pushing the tandem upriver against 13,000 CFS is a good workout. i'll link a blog post tonight. gotta finish b-fast and go work. Steve.
                      Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Finally back on track. I got approved for 6 weeks of PT. My doc requested it in November and I had kind of given up on it so it was a pleasant surprise. And after weeks of feeling like getting out of bed was harder than running a marathon I finally woke up feeling happy and energetic on the 7th - no idea why but I am running with it.

Tuesday - 45 min walk with platform walker, 1 hr with physiotherapist working on posture, balance, core etc and 45 min strength training on Nautalis machines

Wednesday - 30 min on treadmill with no harness - speed 1.7 km/h

Thursday - 1 hr with physiotherapist working on specific leg muscles (I tend to fire all my leg muscles to get movement so we are working on getting control of individual muscles), crutch walking around the agility arena for about an hour - lots of changing direction

today I have another physio appointment
                        C3/4 Brown Sequard

Comment

Went to the Y and used an arm bike. That was tough! I have a ways to go to get in shape.
                          They showed me how to use an all purpose machine with two metal arms that have a lot of adjustment. On the arms are handles attached to cables. It's a great Y.
                          Too bad it isn't closer.
                          I want to go back tomorrow and do some more. As they say: one day at a time...
                          Rich

Comment

Glad you had a good workout, Rich. Cables are great especially from a W/C.

Today, I hit the handcycle in the garage for 45 minutes . Easy pace.

Comment

Still cycling and training every day. Had my first track comp (state masters championships) on the weekend and nailed the 500m time trial, won my age division and generally surprised myself (and others!). Amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it. Had to have a medical screening for our institute of sport today and seems like I'm in pretty good shape all things considered. Only thing was somewhere along the line I have apparently wrecked the ankle in the leg that doesn't work (I have tripped over it badly on more than one occasion so not suprising) and dr was suggesting I should consider an ankle reconstruction. Not sure I see the point as I am in an AFO and have no movement below the knee anyway so why not just go a more rigid AFO? Anyone had any similar problems?

Comment

did 50 min on my stat handcycle yesterday. sp;ring is finally here so went walking w./ annalisa last night. it amazes me considering how much i work out and how active i am how affter as long winter my pushing stroke outside is way off, every summer it takes me a few weeks to shake the cobwebs off my arms and really get my stride back. i dont know how so many gimps i see who are sedintary even survive.
                                Bike-on.com rep
                                John@bike-on.com
                                c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                                sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Working...
                                X