What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arndog View Post
    Great work, josh,seenkid, brock, wello..., Leif - keep it up......
    Sorry, no weights this week for me, don’t have time, I have been “reading me up” on a meeting with our Minister of Transport and Communications next week. To discuss avoiding SCI and traffic accidents. No cure health- and care department this time for me, but I suspect all ads up.

Comment

ok not been updating much ill cover my last 2 days.
      thurs 1.5 hr cardio on my stationary handcycle
      friday-- back and bi's-about 1 hr then 40 min cardio.

i do 5x5 workouts unless im having an off day then ill go lighter w/ more rep. nothing packs on size like 5x5.
      im getting ready tostart cutting monday for summer so i have increased my cardio alot.
      Bike-on.com rep
      John@bike-on.com
      c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
      sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

FU - what are 5x5 workouts?
        Inc C4 since Oct 07

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing" - Optimus Prime

Comment

Mr. Tuna - I think he means 5 repetitions to failure and doing that 5 times for each exercise - uuugggh. Brutal -but that must really break muscle fibers down (and then growth).

I am still doing 14 hrs of aerobics in the form of sitskiing, snowshoeing, elliptical training, recumbent bike.
          Today - 40 minute crutch walk with my wife and the dogs.....

Comment

yup what arn said. 5 reps and 5 sets. max weight.
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com

Comment

Im gonna try them out
              Inc C4 since Oct 07

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tuna View Post
                Im gonna try them out
                its by far the best for gaining strength and size that i have ever done. be sure and watrm up really good b4 lifting. lmk how it goes for you. on a routine like this its even more important to supp protein, it helps the muscle repair and recover thus promoting growth
                Bike-on.com rep
                John@bike-on.com

Comment

I did the 5x5's today on the upper tone (shoulders, chest press & rowing), rickshaw, and cuff weights on my biceps and forearms

Then I did my Saratoga Silver Arm bike for a hour and 20 mins.

I 'm beat!! the heavier weight and less reps was a lot harder but I felt it more afterwards, which is a good thing! Thanks for the great suggestion
                  Inc C4 since Oct 07

Comment

Arndog. So, exercising the brain, .. is out of the window? One should know 40% of the body’s energy is for training and keeping up the ole brain. To sit on a ski is exercising, but discussing next steps in life isn’t? Heck, I will also buy me a sit ski.

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                      its by far the best for gaining strength and size that i have ever done. be sure and watrm up really good b4 lifting. lmk how it goes for you. on a routine like this its even more important to supp protein, it helps the muscle repair and recover thus promoting growth
                      Fuente. I dunno if you dint mention it, but please stress proteins again and again and again… Cod fish is good.

Comment

Big Tuna - if you did the 5 x 5 the first time, you may not be able to get out of bed tomorrow you will be so sore . Good job !
                        I took today off to go for my second introduction to firearm shooting.
                        Did long aerobic workouts Mon, Tues, Wed already. 9 hrs of aerobics (sitskiing, snowshoeing, standup nordic).
                        Tomorrow, I will hit the nordic sitskiing again. Day 36 for the season and it is still Febuary.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tuna View Post
                          I did the 5x5's today on the upper tone (shoulders, chest press & rowing), rickshaw, and cuff weights on my biceps and forearms

Then I did my Saratoga Silver Arm bike for a hour and 20 mins.

I 'm beat!! the heavier weight and less reps was a lot harder but I felt it more afterwards, which is a good thing! Thanks for the great suggestion
                          BE SURE TO STEP THE PROTEIN SUPPS UP. THE 5X5 TEARS THE MUSCLES DOWN FOR MAX GROWTH. RECOVERY IS KEY W/ THIS.

ahh, an hour and 20, great man, im going to like u. your not a slackass. now lets work on getting u out of that pc.

what supps are u taking??
                          Last edited by fuentejps; 27 Feb 2009, 9:19 AM.
                          Bike-on.com rep
                          John@bike-on.com

Comment

Nice work guys !

What kind of guns are you practicing with Jon ? I've only shot a gun once, on a range quite a few years ago. It was interesting, but also kinda scary. Some friends of mine are really into it though.

Just got back from a short backpacking trip in the Diablo range .. going to post some critter pics

Comment

I felt it the next morning! i slept like a log that night too

as far as supps ... i take cranberry pills, a mens multi from Vitamin Shoppe, and I just started with whey protien powder after my workout

Fuente - Is there anything else I should take?? should i take protien before or after?

I got the go ahead from workers comp to start buying stuff for my GTX - I have been looking @ equip forum and I have my "wish list" of what i want!
                              Inc C4 since Oct 07

Comment

Diggd in some soup too, didn't sleep well, believe some tricked me and gave me some American coleslaw.

Comment

Working...
                                X