X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job Jon !

I haven't been back to Ouray for 3 years. Some pics from that trip -

Rappelling into the canyon was definitely fun

The Skylight area was highly recommended to me .. one of these years I'll have to get on the multipitch stuff there, but this trip I'm just going to work on toproping WI4's in the ice park and see if I'm still up for it .. Lee Vining Canyon has been sparse this year except for Chouinard Falls (all WI3). Supposedly Edison fixed the leaks in the pipeline

Comment

Great mountaineering, but be careful on that last photo climbing you will not shit in you’re paints, will not look good. As SCIed I mean

Comment

Great ice shots. Thanks, 'bro.
        Jon

Comment

20min treadmill
          strength training - legs and upper body on nautalis machines
          20min elliptical
          20min recumbant bike
          balance + core exercises
          C3/4 Brown Sequard

Comment

Wed - 40 min cardio (treadmill), ab work, more cardio shoveling sleet off the front porch and walk.

Last night, upper and mid back, passed on dead lifts since i was still sore from shoveling.

rest today, chest/tri's tomorrow.

Comment

1 hour Stand up Cross Country skiing with climbing skins on for stability. This is at a groomed nordic trail system. It was great ! 2.5 miles 2.6mph avg speed.
              1'45'' sitskiing (nordic) with a new CC member, throslikagirl ( a very good friend of mine - I am glad she is joining CC too.)
              2.5 hr slowshoe up 1200 ft peak avg hr 145 while climbing....
              Really big wonderful day. I am cooked well done.... 5 hours effort....

Comment

Nice work you guys !!

Comment

Sounds great Arndog, not sure about snow shovelling though - that just sounds like plain hard work!

Two hours of sprint training this morning on the velodrome and getting close to posting a competitive time. Rest of the day spent at uni trying to write (PhD thesis) in the airconditioning escaping the 40+C heat (thats about 105F I think).

Comment

20 min on hand cycle at gym, 10 min ea, ab mach, and back mach. 10 min leg /knee exercise(presses). then home and 15 min of walking?(sorta) in walker with one brace on. Whew, last one was the hardest.

Comment

here ya go: http://coconinocycles.blogspot.com/2...h-friends.html steve.
                      Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

live2ride - what is your Phd about?
                        That is good you can ride that much and still work on a Phd.
                        Fishingguy - that is so cool that you can add walking to your exercise routine. Just keep increasing it as tolerated - you probably will be standing up casting for trout soon.
                        Garro - I read your blog. Nice groveling there on the sandstone. Long ride.

Today -
                        2 hours sitskiing nordic
                        and .5 hour standup nordic (very primitive) on flat terrain.
                        It is sunny California weather up here in Truckee where the nordic center is.

Comment

Ive been so wrapped up in work that other than rugby practices Sat,Sundays and Wednesdays ive done nothing..havnt touched the weights or saratoga in probably 2 weeks...SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by arndog View Post
                            live2ride - what is your Phd about?
                            That is good you can ride that much and still work on a Phd.
                            My PhD is in environmental science - using satellite imagery to model vegetation response in large wetlands. We have some amazing wetland systems in Australia that are shrinking at an alarming rate due to competing water demands. One of my biggest problems since injury is sitting still for any length of time and concentrating. It remains to be seen whether I can put in the training I will need to for cycling AND finish the thesis on time.

40km road race this morning and was very good and did 20 mins stretching afterwards.

Comment

I got the handcycle out of storage this afternoon since there seems to more warm weekends than not.

Did about 10-12 miles.
                              Adaptive Sports Forums.com
                              http://adaptivesportsforums.com
                              Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Comment

Originally posted by arndog View Post
                                Glad you are not slacking off My395. What is your plan to lose weight?
                                My plan has been to eat right and get some exercise. I was not feeling too well in the Fall and missed out on the exercise.

I tend to add muscle when I go to the gym and probably need to do less weight and more reps.

Looking forward to spring and more time on the handcycle. My wife and I are in escrow for a new house and I plan on getting a trainer for the bike as soon as we move in. We have been living in an RV since moving to Bishop. Actually, we have been in the RV for two years, but traveled for nearly a year before coming to Bishop.

I was 220lbs a year ago. I’m down to about 200 now. End goal is 170-180 range.
                                Adaptive Sports Forums.com
                                http://adaptivesportsforums.com
                                Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Comment

Working...
                                X