No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Katja. Took Jasper the English Pointer for a walk - 1hr of slow crutch walking enjoying the dark orange color of the oak trees in the 'hood. Snow in the high country. It will take one good dump and ski season will be on. Can't wait.

Then I used my new exercise equipment - a Krankcycle. I have had it for 2 weeks now. It's good.Well made.

Comment

Originally posted by arndog View Post
      Nice Katja. Took Jasper the English Pointer for a walk - 1hr of slow crutch walking enjoying the dark orange color of the oak trees in the 'hood.
      Our new puppy, a Vizsla, is coming home tomorrow! Can't wait to be able to take walks with the dog.

Comment

More hand cycling Very fun
        T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Comment

We have a V! Cooper and I went for a tour of the neighborhood today. Bit windy and wet, but had a good time.

They say the best piece of exercise equipment you can buy is a dog.

Enjoy your new family addition.

Comment

Originally posted by TheClrkstr View Post
            We have a V! Cooper and I went for a tour of the neighborhood today. Bit windy and wet, but had a good time.

They say the best piece of exercise equipment you can buy is a dog.

Enjoy your new family addition.
            Here he is with his mama (not at our house yet, but soon!).

Comment

Oh my, Katja, I'm in love with your dog!

I practiced a bit of sloth today after being up since 1am with a software release. However, I did get our Chesapeake Bay Retriever outside for some tosses and fun. In fact, I think I'll bundle up and have another go with her.

That's one of my sorrows...not being able to walk her anymore. She's 85-pounds of energy and I just can't handle her with my hiking poles.

Ah well.....we're not dwelling on sorrows today..not when the November trees are so lovely and the breeze so crisp. Too many joys to focus on, instead.

That's what I hope you are all doing today..the things you enjoy. Write in and tell us what they were.

Comment

Cool dog. Its fun to take them for a walk. I feel bad when I'm hand cycling because bear can't go with me. So lately I've been taking him for short rides around here. I can go about a mile before I hit traffic. He loves it. Good luck with you new pup.
                T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Comment

Did 27 miles on my handcycle on our local bike trail.

Comment

Here he is, taking a hard earned nap at 7 am after trying to chew our earlobes off and generally bouncing around and being rambunctious since 5 am. We all got about 2 hours of sleep last night...

I have a feeling that my 10k last weekend is going to be my last extracurricular activity for a while.

Comment

At least he knows a good bed when he sees it! Oh my gosh...so cute!

Comment

Met Chris Waddell and watched his documentary tonight. The movie was about his ascent on Mount Kilimanjaro with a modified One-Off handcycle....That would be quite a challenge! Granny gear on a standard One-Off is slow going, Can’t imagine how slow one would be when you hook the chain up to a small wench.
                        Not sure I have that kind of mental toughness!
                        http://www.one-revolution.org/
                        1977 - C5 ambulating Quad

Comment

Completed a 5 day business trip. First time navigating the airport since my injury: parking, check-in, security line (used wheel chair assistance going, but not returning), flying, retrieving luggage, renting car and doing it all over again upon return. Survived it all, not to mention driving in a dicey snow storm from Twin Falls, ID to Jackpot, NV last Saturday.

Walked/slow jogged this afternoon: 1.1 mile jogging and .65 walking (jog, then walk, then jog, etc.) for a total of 1.75 mile. It's been almost a week since getting out for a walk.

Snowing tonight. More snow on Friday. Biking is done. Walking may soon be over, too.
                          Last edited by Revis; 17 Nov 2011, 1:55 AM.
                          CCS/Walking Quad

Comment

Loving the pup photo's. My boy is 12 months old now and just put him into kennels for the first time while I head over to New Zealand for some racing. Only a quick trip so good chance to see how he copes.

And I have made unbelievable progress walking with my new AFO - "Intrepid Dynamic Exoskeletal Orthosis". Ditched the walking stick and slowly starting to normalise my gait pattern. Still have the same weaknesses, just easier to control with this AFO and gives me a lot more confidence. I really did think nothing would make any difference and although we went through a few different AFO's (from blue-rocker to a double helix to a solid AFO with ankle joints to this one) it really has made a massive difference. I'm doing 2 retraining sessions a week and working hard at it but it is paying off.

Comment

Originally posted by live2ride View Post
                              Loving the pup photo's. My boy is 12 months old now and just put him into kennels for the first time while I head over to New Zealand for some racing. Only a quick trip so good chance to see how he copes.

And I have made unbelievable progress walking with my new AFO - "Intrepid Dynamic Exoskeletal Orthosis". Ditched the walking stick and slowly starting to normalise my gait pattern. Still have the same weaknesses, just easier to control with this AFO and gives me a lot more confidence. I really did think nothing would make any difference and although we went through a few different AFO's (from blue-rocker to a double helix to a solid AFO with ankle joints to this one) it really has made a massive difference. I'm doing 2 retraining sessions a week and working hard at it but it is paying off.
                              That AFO sounds great. It helps overcome some of the weakness and gets the momentum going in the gait? Sometimes on the treadmill or the first coupple steps of a good day, I feel like I could run right down the road if my dam right foot would just push off the toes and swing on thru with my leg. But no way, the harder I try to get the gait thing right the slower it goes. Seems like other muscles that do work make up for what does not and the end result is, I look like someone who had way too much to drink. I would love to see a video of gait without and with if possible.
                              Keep after it.
                              CJ

Comment

Originally posted by Revis View Post
                                Completed a 5 day business trip. First time navigating the airport since my injury: parking, check-in, security line (used wheel chair assistance going, but not returning), flying, retrieving luggage, renting car and doing it all over again upon return. Survived it all, not to mention driving in a dicey snow storm from Twin Falls, ID to Jackpot, NV last Saturday.

Walked/slow jogged this afternoon: 1.1 mile jogging and .65 walking (jog, then walk, then jog, etc.) for a total of 1.75 mile. It's been almost a week since getting out for a walk.

Snowing tonight. More snow on Friday. Biking is done. Walking may soon be over, too.
                                Congratulations on the successful trip!

We're having an unseasonably warm day, and I'm stuck at work. Tomorrow it's supposed to switch to cold and snow. Not sure what I'm going to do for exercise.

Originally posted by live2ride View Post
                                New Zealand! So jealous! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X