No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoulders with my usual killer dips drop sets at the end. Felt kinda puny all day from poor nutrition so will see if I'm up for cardio later today, or just wait for my Y membership to kick in and do the early bird adult swim.

Any wc racers about or folks interested?

Brock

Comment

Cave/Brock - do you suspend weight off your waist for dips? - I used to do them with 35 lb off my waist. That probably made up for my atrophied leg muscles.... Got to love dips. Crutch walking is really short range of motion dips.
      I don't wc race - I'll take the gears and the handling of a handcycle. Plus it is so frackin' hilly here, and I am a recreationalist (sounds like a religion - wait a second... it is ! !) and don't race.
      Today -
      1. Just got out of the garage for a 35 minute interval w/o on the handcycle on the mag trainer. Six 2 min on/2min rest . 30min 2on/2off interval times 6 - Best bang for your buck.
      2. Crutch walk w, Jasper - 104 minutes, 2.5 mph, 4.4 miles in a tshirt it is so warm today.
      3. 15 min elliptical
      Now 2. and 3. really flare up the neuropathic burning. I don't think it has anything to do with the expression 'feel the burn'....
      Last edited by arndog; 15 Jan 2009, 1:08 AM. Reason: did more stuff

Comment

I shoveled a trail from the front of my house to the back alley through 2 1/2 feet of snow. i'd say thats enough workout for the week!
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T12/L2 Complete - Nov. 12, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by arndog View Post
          Cave/Brock - do you suspend weight off your waist for dips? - I used to do them with 35 lb off my waist. That probably made up for my atrophied leg muscles.... Got to love dips. Crutch walking is really short range of motion dips.
          I don't wc race - I'll take the gears and the handling of a handcycle. Plus it is so frackin' hilly here, and I am a recreationalist (sounds like a religion - wait a second... it is ! !) and don't race.
          Today -
          1. Just got out of the garage for a 35 minute interval w/o on the handcycle on the mag trainer. Six 2 min on/2min rest . 30min 2on/2off interval times 6 - Best bang for your buck.
          2. Crutch walk w, Jasper - 104 minutes, 2.5 mph, 4.4 miles in a tshirt it is so warm today.
          3. 15 min elliptical
          Now 2. and 3. really flare up the neuropathic burning. I don't think it has anything to do with the expression 'feel the burn'....

Definitly with weights. i'm working on getting as strong a take off as possible.

handcycling is in the future, once this credit mess is over . i'd love a schmicking kneeler but those are one off custom and over 6 grand.

Comment

Yesterday
            10 min treadmill - no harness - speed was 1.4 but not sure if it is miles or km
            45 min strength training on nautalis equipment - focus hips/quads/gluts/shoulders/lats
            10 min elliptical - in harness - I think I could do it without the harness but with it on I can work harder without worrying about falling off.
            10 min Estim on right arm

when I was in cuba I did a ton of swimming with flippers on and it really worked my legs. I also went for some crazy hobie kat rides which were definitely a core workout (trying not to fall off). I tried a pedal boat but couldn't get enough power to go anywhere. the sand was a nuisance for sure - I scraped my knees and tops of my feet from crawling on it.
            C3/4 Brown Sequard

Comment

three hours of really tough trail riding: http://coconinocycles.blogspot.com/2...en-awhile.html
              Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Had my first bunch ride with the new AFO brace and it felt great. Stiffer and better fitting than the old one and actually felt I was getting some power to the pedal on that leg today. Around 50km all up at an average speed of around 29 km/hr. Got cut off in a sprint and hit the dirt at about 60km/hr, bit shaken but managed to stay upright somehow.

Also did some work with the physio and she had a look at the hip/buttock muscles and thinks there is definately some problems there that I need to work on.

Comment

Today -
                  Nordic sitski - 26 km (17 miles) I love California, warm, sunny days nordic sitskiing.(I am in the mustard windbreaker). It doesn't get much better in my book...... Avg hr 112, mostly talking pace with my bro', Mark Wellman....
                  Steve Garro - I checked out your blog. Great photos, 3 hours cranking the one off with your 3 best friends, 2 dogs and one wife. Great view of I assume Mt. Humphreys? One of the sacred Navajo Mountains. BTW, I have summited one of the sacred peaks, Shiprock. Maybe that is why I was struck down by the gods with SCI
                  Last edited by arndog; 15 Jan 2009, 9:06 PM.

Comment

Today -
                    Nordic sitski - 26 km (17 miles) I love California, warm, sunny days nordic sitskiing.(I am in the mustard windbreaker). It doesn't get much better in my book...... Avg hr 112, mostly talking pace with my bro', Mark Wellman....
                    Steve Garro - I checked out your blog. Great photos, 3 hours cranking the one off with your 3 best friends, 2 dogs and one wife. Great view of I assume Mt. Humphreys? One of the sacred Navajo Mountains. BTW, I have summited one of the sacred peaks, Shiprock. Maybe that is why I was struck down by the gods with SCI
                    SWEEET! i'm not big on cold weather or winter sports except for sledding/luge but that looks fun!

Light on dead lift last night, but lats and traps are definitly stronger!now it's time to push me into an anabolic state and get them to grow abit. I lost a good deal of size when i had my umbilical hernia op in August.

Comment

cavemuscle ,AlexAgain ,rhyang, Danine ,live2ride ,LaMemChose ,My395,dunwawry,jessie.gray ,pararich,fuentejp,exqusit1 ,Surf_Sister ,DeadEye,Rbrauer,Buck_Nastier,alpentalic,stephen21 ,gvinton,graybeard,Shaun,forestranger52 ,darrel,Imight,RJP,wheelz1989,coolbreeze,josh a,divin'darren,Leif ,Hunker,woman from Europe
                      ,XYNaPSE,Them Bones ,knightrider ,JenJen,Ashley,Riaanhlh,Para-trooper,steve garro

Thanks for all your posts. There must be other folks working out hopefully.
                      Today
                      Standup nordic ski - 45 mins Yeah - gettin better all the time....
                      sitski nordic 2.5 hours 15 miles
                      crutch walk w/Jasper, the dog 1 hr
                      lie in bed by 7pm with bad neuropathic pain from overdoing it - 2 hours (ooops, that is not an exercise)

Yesterday- Saturday
                      standup nordic ski 45 min
                      sitski nordic 3 hours 20 miles - totally cooked by this

Friday
                      crutch walk 1,5 hr
                      stationary bike .5 hr

Hey Brock, was your umbilical hernia caused by lifting?
                      Ashley, how often are you playing rugby?
                      Rbrauer, still doing sets with the bar?

Comment

Still just riding. Intentions to do other exercise is there but just hasn't happened yet but my physio is going to do a full assessment of which muscle groups are doing what and we will work out what I need to work on.

Yesterday 75km road cycling including 37km hilly road race.

Today drove 3hrs with a friend to try out a real velodrome (wooden indoor track) and had a blast going round and round in circles. Sort of mesmerising and the speed is great, but doesn't quite replace the scenery of being out of town on the road. Haven't quite mastered the dismount on a fixed track bike yet either so hit the concrete once just rolling to a stop (oops).

Comment

Originally posted by live2ride View Post
                          Still just riding. Intentions to do other exercise is there but just hasn't happened yet but my physio is going to do a full assessment of which muscle groups are doing what and we will work out what I need to work on.

Yesterday 75km road cycling including 37km hilly road race.

Today drove 3hrs with a friend to try out a real velodrome (wooden indoor track) and had a blast going round and round in circles. Sort of mesmerising and the speed is great, but doesn't quite replace the scenery of being out of town on the road. Haven't quite mastered the dismount on a fixed track bike yet either so hit the concrete once just rolling to a stop (oops).
                          damn, man - it sounds like you are doing great! what deficits do you even have? rock on, steve.
                          Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

cavemuscle ,AlexAgain ,rhyang, Danine ,live2ride ,LaMemChose ,My395,dunwawry,jessie.gray ,pararich,fuentejp,exqusit1 ,Surf_Sister ,DeadEye,Rbrauer,Buck_Nastier,alpentalic,stephen21 ,gvinton,graybeard,Shaun,forestranger52 ,darrel,Imight,RJP,wheelz1989,coolbreeze,josh a,divin'darren,Leif ,Hunker,woman from Europe
                            ,XYNaPSE,Them Bones ,knightrider ,JenJen,Ashley,Riaanhlh,Para-trooper,steve garro

Thanks for all your posts. There must be other folks working out hopefully.
                            Today
                            Standup nordic ski - 45 mins Yeah - gettin better all the time....
                            sitski nordic 2.5 hours 15 miles
                            crutch walk w/Jasper, the dog 1 hr
                            lie in bed by 7pm with bad neuropathic pain from overdoing it - 2 hours (ooops, that is not an exercise)

Yesterday- Saturday
                            standup nordic ski 45 min
                            sitski nordic 3 hours 20 miles - totally cooked by this

Friday
                            crutch walk 1,5 hr
                            stationary bike .5 hr

Hey Brock, was your umbilical hernia caused by lifting?
                            Ashley, how often are you playing rugby?
                            Rbrauer, still doing sets with the bar?
                            Hernia happened on a wreck diving trip to the Great Lakes. Dive Boat monkeys brought a swim ladder instead of a dive ladder, they tried to help me back on by grabbing the manifold bar on my double tanks, I shouted no, and they dropped me on my stomach on the gunwhale of the boat. I have a pic of me on the deck writhing in agony. I fought with insurance for 5 years until we got it fixed last August. I can actually sit up without looking like a wallowing cow.

No training this week aside from light maintenance, I'm going up to Wichita for WC Sports indoor sports fest, and some of my posse are competing in the NASA Nationals Sunday, I get to help them wrestle into their gear. (JOY he said sarcasticly).

Racing frame should be here this week- YAAYYYYYYY

Brock

Comment

I have basketball practice tonight, so I won't do any separate cardio. I'll move some metal before practice to get a quick pump.

Comment

Originally posted by steve garro View Post
                                damn, man - it sounds like you are doing great! what deficits do you even have? rock on, steve.
                                I'm pretty lucky I know - no movement at all below the knee on one leg and about 4/5 for hammie and gluts on that side. The BB issues don't really effect ability on a bike. I can walk with an AFO and a bad limp but not very far and not very fast. Since I was told that I was unlikely to recover much more and realised my other sports were no longer an option I have really thrown myself into the cycling scene and have amazed myself sometimes how far I have come. The race on the weekend I maintained a HR around 168-174 for over an hour (I am 41 yo female with a max HR of 180) - a year ago it would have been 145 if I was lucky.

I am really jealous of your snow though - the forecast here is for 33-35C for the next week or so and the heat really knocks me around.

Comment

Working...
                                X