What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice job on the grand a month!
    I got in 7hrs of canoeing yesterday - it put me to bed!
    Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Back from a cycling trip in France. No impressive mileage like djrolling, but still more than I've done in the past. Lots of good food.

Comment

Cleaning my gutter isn the F*&$%$%g rain, because no one has done them yet!!!!!!!!

Comment

Katya - nice work in France. Very cool. Alhavel - careful on those ladders with the gutters, you can get hurt falling off. Go Garro. DJ and all.

Crutch walking for 45 minutes on walking trails around house and just tried out a Force R handcycle yesterday. My custom AWON upright was unfortunately purchased just before the recumbent handcycle revolution. I resisted going recumbent initially but if "you can beat 'em, join 'em". So although I swore I wouldn't go recumbent, I am doing it to have a fighting chance of keeping up with my friends here in Reno, NV who are on Force R's. Otherwise I was too slow as a upright box going down the road on the AWON. Although I am an L1 injury, I am fused from the pelvis to T11 so I behave more like a higher injury and the recumbent position feels nice as long as a car doesn't run me over. The lie down position may lead to less NP butt pain that I would get in a sitting position.

Crawling my way back to fitness after 3 week hospitalization, 15 lb weight loss, abdominal surgery now starting on square one again. Done this comeback 14 times since SCI 9 years ago.

You just have to pay your dues, increase the workouts incrementally, eat right and keep at it.

Comment

Did three long walks outside, about a mile each, with my rollator. Trying to get over 5000 steps a day. Climbed 30 floors at the rehab building. Tear the body down so it can build itself back up. Tis my theory.

Comment

Water walking in the pool for an hour.

Comment

[QUOTE=arndog;1382905}
                Crawling my way back to fitness after 3 week hospitalization, 15 lb weight loss, abdominal surgery now starting on square one again. Done this comeback 14 times since SCI 9 years ago.

[/QUOTE]what happened, man? - speedy recovery!
                I had my gallbladder out 3/22 & it took me longer then I thought to get back, a few weeks for sure.

Comment

Todays??

Worse than the gutters, 5 steps up on a ladder, over the edge of the dock, low tide, boat ten feet down, could have been a re-enactment of my original, but this time it would have been a wooden deck, and no building on top of me. Far less tragic, and now I have a light to go down the ladder at 3.30am in the dark. And no so called "act of god" that made the building fall, the lamp pole I put in 35 years ago didn't move, even in a 15mph SW wind. Giving it a try in the AM, it's a solar powered motion light, "Made In China".

Comment

Special Ride

In April 2010, when I was on a vent in ICU, fighting pneumonia, there was a pulmonologist who was very helpful. She made sure that I got good care and encouraged me. She also told me that she would ride bikes with me next year. She was right. I have had a very fortunate recovery, and I rode with her and her PT husband, nice people, very fulfilling.
                    Last edited by cajun; 22 Jun 2011, 6:40 PM. Reason: Fixed picture problem.
                    C1/C2 walking quad, SCI from 4/2010

Comment

15 miles on the bike yesterday with a lot of short steep climbs, today I did 20 miles on a flatter route, and then I went for a mile walk this evening with the SO in the stultifying Virginia humidity. Lots of sweating.

Starting to think a rigid AFO is in the cards for the left leg to combat my extremely weak plantar flexion. In the grand scheme of things, I'm doing great but would like to be doing better, but that was even true before SCI...

Comment

25+ miles biking today on the C&O canal towpath (dirt and gravel) in Virginia. Going to try going longer tomorrow but on a paved path. I've slowed it down a little trying to build up to longer distances.

Interesting side note: I used a gift certificate for a massage today immediately following the ride. Usually, after a longish ride, my walking is a little bit "wobbly." After the massage I felt way better than I usually do post ride. Either I was simply having a good day or there really might be some benefit to the massage other than "ooh, that feels good."

Comment

2.5 hours oaring my single man pontoon boat out on a local reservoir.
                          Most of it into a heavy head wind and a quick forty five minutes back to the dock.
                          1977 - C5 ambulating Quad

Comment

41 miles biking on the W&OD Trail (paved). Stopped in the middle for lunch. This is the longest ride I've done since SCI 26 months ago. I am way slower than I used to be, not helped by doing this on a mountain bike (I need the low gearing). This went way better than I had hoped for.

The real bonus was that my significant other was also my riding partner this day. She is just finishing radiation therapy for breast cancer (chemo already done.) It was a pretty good day for both of us.

Comment

I do volunteer work 2 or 3 days a week so got my workout today. I do enjoy time away from home as I live alone. It gives me time to be with people and interact with them. Only sad thing is sometimes my back hurts after getting home. Oh well I am a survivor.

Comment

Originally posted by charmed1199 View Post
                                I do volunteer work 2 or 3 days a week so got my workout today. I do enjoy time away from home as I live alone. It gives me time to be with people and interact with them. Only sad thing is sometimes my back hurts after getting home. Oh well I am a survivor.
                                Do what you can do with what you have - that's all you can do.
                                I hear you about not seeing people, I used to very much be a people person but not so much anymore.
                                I do build custom bikes so at least I get a flow of visitors/clients, which is good.
                                I wish there was a day in my life when my back did NOT hurt. It hurts right now - along with a bunch of other stuff........

I got out for a few hours of canoeing the other day but am in a work-athalon right now to earn a week of boating on the Mississippi on the WI/MN border.

Comment

Working...
                                X