No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O.K. need soem help here. I have a new FES bike and a NEw Vita Glide that my insurance got for me...I work so I have great insurance and they take good care of me. I am very active I guess I coach everything for my kids, I mean everything, I have 3 kids. I also work about 50 hours a week. I am always going and am in pretty good shape for the most part. I have only used these two machines like 4 or 5 times...!! I have had them for 8 months!! I just cannot find the time or the motivation to do it. By the time I get home from practices or games I am just tired and spent then I eat dinner at like 8:30 at night and then go to be a couple of hours later, what is my problem...how do you guys do it...what is so great about the FES bike I mean it takes 2 darn hours from start to finish to do it and it seems like I just dont have the time..am I just lazy....someone tell me what I should do!! Pretty pathetic I know!! Don't rip me too bad but I am just trying to get the motivation to do it and want to know how some of you fit it in.

Comment

Originally posted by jerkens View Post
      garro,.. no helmet?
      Nah. It totally jacks my C4-C5 fusion. in five plus years I've been OK. The one off is usually pretty slow, like.......people walking are waiting for you.
      Sure, you can get going downhill pretty well at times, but if you are going to jack up anything I'd say ripped up elbows 1st, busted wrist 2nd & shoulder dislocation 3rd.
      you're pretty low to the ground & can touch the ground at any time.
      I've tried to endo it with no luck!
      Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by hv1987 View Post
        O.K. need soem help here. I have a new FES bike and a NEw Vita Glide that my insurance got for me...I work so I have great insurance and they take good care of me. I am very active I guess I coach everything for my kids, I mean everything, I have 3 kids. I also work about 50 hours a week. I am always going and am in pretty good shape for the most part. I have only used these two machines like 4 or 5 times...!! I have had them for 8 months!! I just cannot find the time or the motivation to do it. By the time I get home from practices or games I am just tired and spent then I eat dinner at like 8:30 at night and then go to be a couple of hours later, what is my problem...how do you guys do it...what is so great about the FES bike I mean it takes 2 darn hours from start to finish to do it and it seems like I just dont have the time..am I just lazy....someone tell me what I should do!! Pretty pathetic I know!! Don't rip me too bad but I am just trying to get the motivation to do it and want to know how some of you fit it in.
        You've identified two of the biggest things that held me back for years: looking after kids and working full time. It wasn't until I switched to a 3 day/week work schedule (and I'm lucky to work for a company that provides health insurance for part time employees), at which point my youngest child was 17, that I was able to really start devoting time to physical fitness.

So I don't have any good answers for you, just want to let you know that trying to prioritize kids/work/sports is a real problem.

Comment

You don't want to know. 3 weeks out from NPC Mr Oklahoma and hoping the diet does not make my sciatica flare up. Let's just say the sparks between my trainer and I draws onlookers.

Comment

3+ hrs on the one-off. Grueling. Even days of sea kayaking does not prepare you for the oneoff, a hard mistress she is.........

Comment

Damm I'm so jealous, having so much time available to do daily exercise
              what do some people do for a living here,I am a T11 complete and work from 8 to 5 daily usually too tired to spend a couple of hours doing exercises, quality time with family will suffer also so i just chill out and relax.
              My daily routine
              wake up 6am
              Arrive at work 8am
              Finish work 5pm
              Arrive home 5.30 pm
              time allocated for myself 5.30pm to 22.30pm
              In Bed at 11pm and the routine starts again
              well during the week i only have 5 hrs daily which is free time in which i have to to BP every two days, cath daily, and do family errands.
              My problem time management
              Wish i had gov aid but don't want to live at the last step of the social ladder.

Well weekend i may do 2 hrs physio the rest i dedicate to quality time with wife and kid

Comment

I got out before the weekend madness for a great day on the river canoeing with friends.

Comment

Tomorrow's workout: the Bolder Boulder 10K. Wheelchair wave starts at 6:55 am MDT. This year I might not be last :-).

Comment

Lee1 - I just checked out your handcycle video - very cool. I loved the speeding it up. May I ask you how you did that? Did you use Final Cut Pro or some other video editing software?
                    arndog

Comment

Originally posted by arndog View Post
                      Lee1 - I just checked out your handcycle video - very cool. I loved the speeding it up. May I ask you how you did that? Did you use Final Cut Pro or some other video editing software?
                      arndog
                      Hey Arndog, I used a GoPro camera to video it, then I edited it with Windows Live Movie Maker. It’s the free software that came with my computer. I think it comes bundled with windows 7… Now that I have this GoPro camera I would like to get some better editing software to go with it but I don’t really know which is best.

Comment

3.75hrs on the one-off at over 9,000ft elevation - tapped out!

Comment

Hey! where is everyone? four hours over 9,000ft on the one-off. I climbed for 3hrs & descended for an hour. Smoky in the SW.....

Comment

1.5 hours at swim practice lap swimming this morning. Somewhere in the range of 1500 yards. Freestyle and backstroke are slowly coming together.
                            1977 - C5 ambulating Quad

Comment

Been in Europe leading up to a paracycling world cup in Spain - great trip, 4 weeks of riding, racing and recovering and no stressing out over writing thesis or working. Back home now with a good solid 10 weeks block of training (cycling and gym) coming up before the world championships in Denmark in September.
                              http://www.uci.ch/Modules/ENews/ENew...w%26LangId%3D1

Comment

This was kind of unintentional but in the last 29 days I have racked up 1004 miles on the handcycle. I started logging my miles which I do not usually do and then after about 23 days I added them up and saw that I had 787 miles racked up so
                                i thought being so close it would be crazy not to go for a thousand miles in 30 days. I cycle every day so some of these miles are just recreational but each day I would at least do 10 miles in an hour and some days I would do that for 2 hours and some days for 3 hours. 05/18 Wed 30 Thurs 45 Fri 30 Sat 48 Sun 22 Mon 45 Tues 35 Wed 31 Thurs 30 Fri 22 Sat 45 Sun 23 Mon 36 Tues 16 Wed 32 Thurs 32 Fri 30 Sat 41 Sun off Mon 40 Tues 36 Wed 36 Thurs 50 Fri 35 Sat 48 Sun 35 Mon 60 Tues 35 Wed 39

Comment

Working...
                                X