No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's awesome Arndog. The cold makes my body go haywire but I'm inspired to pull an overnight biking camp out after seeing your pics. Wow I almost forgot what backpacking even was, thanks for sharing that.

Comment

Originally posted by alpentalic View Post
      That's awesome Arndog. The cold makes my body go haywire but I'm inspired to pull an overnight biking camp out after seeing your pics. Wow I almost forgot what backpacking even was, thanks for sharing that.
      I agree. Very cool. I am inspired too!

Arndog, why did you use the skis to stake the tent? because it was lighter than packing stakes, or because the depth of the snow?

Comment

Katja,
        I am incomplete Quad. My legs tense up in the water and tend to pull me down so, a junior sized buoy is a big help.
        My hands pretty much go into a fist when I swim. I use a small set of hand paddles to help with my catch.
        I can flip with my gadgets but, not without!
        1977 - C5 ambulating Quad

Comment

finally - some exercise! sore, very sore - but, recovering very well from the gall bladder removal - I SHOULD HAVE DONE IT SOONER!!! way less pain, way better digestion.
          Just got back from two days kayaking - Steve.
          Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Finally some spring weather. 30km on my bike today. I am having trouble with my bad leg but I am getting a new AFO in the next couple weeks and hoping that is going to help so I can get some longer rides in.
            C3/4 Brown Sequard

Comment

nice rainbow steve. did about 2hrs floor exercises, 2mi. hike. warm sunny day.

Comment

Yesterday I went quadding @4 for a few hours
                Later Today I'll probably go git the Gymn and work on my hips if my spine is up to it as I have my good days and bad days with my pain problems

Comment

young child. I probably won't practically licve on my bike like I did before, however, I know I can still ride and get stronger and build up to longer and longer rides.

I also have, telephone...I'll return.

Comment

3++ hrs on the one-off.....no pics - forgot camera! - Steve.

Comment

So I didn't do this today, but I did do it last weekend. I was in San Francisco and was wandering around as I normally do and said, "oh, I want to go up there."

(not my photo)

Unfortunately, where I was in the city at the time meant that I had the shortest and steepest route to where 'there' was. Note: when in SF, avoid Grant street on Telegraph hill at all costs. Because it looks like this:

(not my photo)

This was, without a doubt, the steepest hill I've ever encountered - and I've spent time in SF, Seattle, and Pittsburgh. It felt like a 45 degree incline. It was so steep I always felt like I was going to tip over backwards and I could only push about 15 feet at a time before I had to rest. And when I did rest, I had to turn sideways. And when I was pushing, I was straining so hard that I felt like I would both poop and pee at any moment. And then after this hill there was another one. And then another one. And then another one, though the rest weren't nearly as steep. Suffice to say, it was an exhausting trip to the top of Coit Tower, but I was rewarded at the end with views like this:

(my photo)

(my photo)

And call me crazy, but when I did get to the top of the hill I thought to myself, "I'd be awesome to live up here". I mean, if I had to deal with those hills everyday, I'd be so super ripped in just a month! I mean, I'd never need to go to the gym. I'd have no choice - I couldn't be lazy - I'd HAVE to workout every day.

(there is a bus that goes up to the top, but I didn't learn that till one passed me while I was headed back down)

Comment

Great photos. SF is so beautiful. How is descending off some of those hills on a W/C?
                        I have crutch walked up Lombard street and it is a great workout.

Did another overnight sitski getting our act together before the trans sierra . This is out of Mammoth Lakes, Ca.....

Comment

Paracycling champs (our national championships followed week later by Oceania champs) done and dusted. We had a good turnout with handcyclists, tandems, trikes and single bikes competing. Some beautiful scenery but didn't even see it till I saw the photo's!

Comment

I had no idea paracycling was a competition if it was done on a standard bike. I got on a standard mt bike and my therapist could not believe it and my wife did not like it at all. I have to stop while leaning to the left or I'll hit the ground pronto. Are there others here doing it. I know the risk was high to do it but man it felt so dam good. It felt like I added some value to my life. I'm 8 months out and forgetting what it feels like to run. But that bike brought some of that back. Just like the sit ski does for you guys I bet.

Hey Arndog. Looking good, wish I could go out and camp with you guys. Be careful read the snow well and stay on top of it.

Brian. Disk brakes! great photos

Comment

We have a C? incomplete quad riding a single bike - but I think what he has accomplished is pretty amazing. There are several other lower level SCI guys and girls around on single bikes but pretty sure they are all incomplete and can walk pretty well although most use AFO's of some type on the bike - its really just a question of how incomplete you are, how good is your balance and then whether you have the strength. The classification system is based on function (so not based on type of disability). The tricycles are another option - basically a road bike with two wheels at the back so great for those that can use their legs but have balance issues.

This video gives a good overview of paracycling as a sport and the different types of bikes/classifications.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utaMVVHGvPk
                              Last edited by live2ride; 21 Apr 2011, 5:39 AM.

Comment

two days kayaking on the Colorado river. - Steve.

Comment

Working...
                                X