No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been plan a multiday nordic sitski trip, self contained this spring, hoping to crose the sierra mountains in a 55 mile trip over 3 days. Coming up with an equipment list as lightweight as possible. Also looking at how I can carry 20 plus pounds of gear and still have room for me and be balanced.
    there is a lot of space below the seat that I am utilizing. I'm almost there. I am taking my cruthces and a spare ski pole. Tent bag is attached to my seat, and one sausage shaped stuff sack extending backward and a bag blelow my knees. Metal edge 156cm length skis. Here is what it is looking like at this point. That is with about 20 lb extra gear.

Comment

Arndog wow
      Thats amazing
      You are something else ...
      I keep a pair of those forearm style crutches type on my quads I mounted my crutches on a old gun rack on the handlebars . i'll try to post a pic of my rig .

Comment

This is not trick

i know some of you may think this is a ploy to get you to read my blog bbut honest to God i just got done posting 5 or 6 posts of my daily routines when it comes to exercise , muscle stimulation, diet, meditation, and nightly muscle flexing and relaxation of every muscle in my body. i describe everything in detail and there are plenty of pics to go along with everything. there are a few personal posts throw in between the meat of the routine but it's all there and i really think it could help some people.
        my own doctor had me believeing that i had "reached my potential" 3 years ago until i became inspired by meeting another quad whose faih, family support, and hard work rehabbed herself from paralyzed from the shoulders down at age eleven to a paraplegic by the time she was an adult. this woman told me to never give up no matter what the doctors said and i had until i met her.
        now 2 years later i'm a different woman. please read about it. and if you like it become a follower. if not, at least i'll feel like i tried to make a difference.
        thanks guys,
        lori
        sigpicPlease Visit My Blog at: http://queenquad.blogspot.com

But those who wait on the Lord
        Shall renew their strength;
        They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
        They shall run and not be weary,
        They shall walk and not faint
        Isaiah 40:31

Comment

I got in a 2.5hr ride on a MTB trail I had not ridden in 5yrs or so, the scenery was just "OK"
          Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Arndog:
            Great set up! I was thinking about how to lug gear in to do an overnight.
            I just hit number 45 on the sit ski. My goal was 50 but if the winter weather continues, who knows...

Comment

Garro - spectacular photo. Beautiful red rocks, hail to sandstone !

Patrick - day #44 for me. Soon we will have hit 100 between the 2 of us. There should be 4 more Nordic weeks around here. Next week, me and Wellman are planning our first overnight at Glacier Point, Yosemite. Badger Pass Nordic groom the Glacier Point road for 11 miles out to the overview and we will camp there at the arguably most scenic spot in the Nat'l Park System. We will 'shake down' our system before doing a trans Sierra (3 days) in late April. I am really excited. I never thought self contained backcountry travel as a possibility after SCI. I now have more confidence (9 years post SCI) to deal with the colostomy, bladder, skin, pain, and leg warmth issues.

Comment

The overnight Nordic trips sounds great, Arndog. Looking forward to hearing how it goes and what the setup looks like.
                Adaptive Sports Forums.com
                http://adaptivesportsforums.com
                Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Comment

Here is a short youtube of Mark Wellman explaining how we propose to carry our snow camping gear on our nordic sitskis. We have stuff sacks lashed behind the seat, under the seat and over the legs. Extra ski pole too.

Comment

3 hour quad rugby practice, my second time in a rugby chair. I haven't felt this good/strong since the morning of my SCI. FUCK YES, why didn't I do this sooner? To anyone out there that's curious and has an opportunity, DO IT!!

Comment

2.5hrs on the one off. Gotta start ramping up fitness for spring.
                      Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by tooley View Post
                        3 hour quad rugby practice, my second time in a rugby chair. I haven't felt this good/strong since the morning of my SCI. FUCK YES, why didn't I do this sooner? To anyone out there that's curious and has an opportunity, DO IT!!
                        awesome dude. qr is a great sporty, train hard
                        Bike-on.com rep
                        John@bike-on.com
                        c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                        sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

yeah they hooked me up with my own chair and like my effort, so it's ON. Thought my shoulders were gonna be cooked today, but I feel great. slept like a log last night...

Comment

47th XC ski in the books and spring is coming on fast...Need to find skiable snow for 3 more skis! Mondya, I went downhill at Stowe. Stellar conditions.

Comment

Pat - today was my 47th XC ski too ! Our nordic center anticipates being open till mid April. Come on out here when you run out of snow back east......

Comment

About 4 I went outside and did more Quadding
                                I really want to work my upper body as much as possible

Comment

Working...
                                X