No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really,really busy but here is a little interview with me by a leading Mtn bike mag: http://www.dirtragmag.com/webrag/ind...le-steve-garro
    Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Steve
      I checked out your blogs / web pages and bike knowledge
      you are a true metal artist Excellent fabricator

I like motorcycles / run a motorcycle / custom shop lol so I always am fascinated by people like us

Maybe tomorrow i'll go do a little more quadding it really works my upper body intense and I like the outdoors

Hi everyone

Youre all the best

Comment

Originally posted by GL View Post
        Hi Steve
        I checked out your blogs / web pages and bike knowledge
        you are a true metal artist Excellent fabricator

I like motorcycles / run a motorcycle / custom shop lol so I always am fascinated by people like us

Hi everyone

Youre all the best
        Thanks, GL! it's one of the things that gives me a reason to swing my legs out of bed every morning. There is a rich history of Moto fab esp. fillet brazed {"bronze welded"}English racers that I super dig. C'mon out some time, my shop is gimp/chair friendly! I'm gonna check out your stuff now - Garro.

Comment

Just got back from two days kayaking on the Colorado river - it was sweet!

Comment

Best is to watch this in High Definition youtube and click on the resolution box in the lower right corner and select 720p HD
            I am using the SideStix snowshoe crutches. My friend is 72 year old and our plodding pace is very compatible. I just have to pick my friends who are older !

Comment

Great Video Arndog! You must be very fit, that is all i can say. You get quite a good cardio workout along with your strength training. Your heart and lungs must love you. Love the classical music too. btw,your dog(s) have a great life....

Comment

Arn: I never thought I'd be saying this about a man snowshoeing, but beautiful! Are you still XC sitskiing? I did my 33rd ski today--clear blue skies and 25 degrees:heaven! I also just skied to a 2nd place finish inthe XC division at this year's Middlebury Winter Carnival. It's been a great year out East, too.

Comment

walked around the complex twice
                  rinsed and hung out tie dye
                  did the dishes
                  vacumed (wears me out more than a half up hill walk)
                  so far thats it.

Comment

Hi Jody. House work is a good workout. Especially vacuuming. I am wiped doing that.

Patrick - that is great that you are on day #33. I'm on day #35 nordic sitski. There aren't any master's races out here. That is cool that you are still racing (and doing well). Glad you enjoyed the video. It is so unbelieveably beautiful looking down at Lake Tahoe from that vantage. After one of those days, my legs are shot for a week so back to sitskiing. Nordic sitskiing is argueably my favorite disabled arm powered sport. Sounds like you'd agree. Keep after the nordic, sounds like we both have a solid season in so far.

Comment

Put packages of fruit snacks and pizza in my mouth.
                      And several sets of shoulder blade rows.
                      Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Finally submitted my PhD thesis (in Australia we don't have the whole oral defence thing, just hand in your thesis, wait several months for all the comments, fix everything, check, pass, Dr). Five year ago I started the PhD. When I started I was running around a hockey field, had a golf handicap of 6 and expected to finish the PhD in 3 years. Oh how things change!

So now I'm off to Paracycling track world championships in two days. Actually into training camp for about 10 days then over to Italy to race. Have been training hard every day right through finishing up the thesis and its been pretty tough physically and mentally so looking forward to just being a full time athlete for a few weeks.

Comment

10 min elliptical
                          30 min rowing machine
                          Daniel

Comment

Biceps and Triceps!! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1350771200

Comment

Go Doctor L2R
                              dan and lopez -yeah
                              Patrick M. - I am up to #39 nordic sitski days. Goal for year - 50 (with no overuse injury).
                              It won't quit snowing here and the track is too soft and punchy right now - forced rest days are a good thing I guess.
                              Yesterday - mopped the garage floor - 45 minutes

Comment

Hi Everyone Arndog n Gang
                                I rely on my upper body sooo much .
                                Today I got on the quad for about a hour and took it easy
                                This type of motorcross uses your upper arms so much

Tomorrow i'll try to extend my time ranges I usually can go for a few hours when I am in the mood .

I have to do quadding when my back isnt throbbing like at 11 pain scale !

Great upper body workout I just want to tone out in time

Sincerely ; GL

It aint how fast one goes that makes a good workout but how much effort is put into the excercise that really makes a difference
                                That is why even going slow is alot of work jockeyshifting etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X