No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

32 mile bike ride yesterday down the coast in sunny San Diego. about 70 degrees or so, wonderful day to be out. nice ride under 3 hours.

Comment

Still hard at it.... track (velodrome) training today behind a motorbike, doing flying 500m efforts at about 53km/hr. Wheeeee.......

We have our national championships in about two weeks and then World Championships (paracycling, track) are on in Italy in early March. The PhD is soooo very close to been finished, the last bits and pieces seem to take forever though (arrrggghhhh). And yes, here I am procrastinating on the forum again as another mental block hits.

Comment

Oh - and I should add I just took my 12 week old puppy out for first walk around the block. Quite a workout juggling a walking stick, wonky leg, puppy with no idea but keen to sniff everything everywhere, right, left, forward, back, roll around a few times in the grass, get tangled up in the lead, get tangled up in the feet..... yep, quite a workout

Comment

L2r and everyone else - good job.
          L2R- you need to take a new avatar picture of your puppy.

Yesterday - huge, crutch snowshoe day. 3300 ft climb on firm snow up Granite Pk out of Reno, NV. 8 hours of effort/ thrashfest. Nice cold January day, but able to wear t shirts due to effort. Katoolha MicroSpikes for traction (made in Flagstaff, AZ - in Garro's neighborhood)

Comment

Here is Granite Peak (8300 ft) with some morning fog . This was shot at 5000 ft from the car.

Comment

Beautiful pics once again arndog. Do the forearm crutches cause you much pain or discomfort in your upper body? Sorry if you've answered this before.

Comment

I got a recumbent bike today and rode on it twice, did my morning exercises, and walked with the walker. Phys therapy tom then on to the tread mill.
                JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

Comment

jea- is it a stationary recumbent or a 2 wheel moving 'bent?

Mary - I have developed elbow pain (lateral epicondylitis) from 'excessive' crutch use. It isn't very bad. I think it is either resolving slowly or smoldering but it isn't worsening. Shoulders, wrists are okay.

Comment

two weeks off for biking/boating/farming - woohoo!!!
                    Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by arndog View Post
                      jea- is it a stationary recumbent or a 2 wheel moving 'bent?

Mary - I have developed elbow pain (lateral epicondylitis) from 'excessive' crutch use. It isn't very bad. I think it is either resolving slowly or smoldering but it isn't worsening. Shoulders, wrists are okay.
                      Arndog,

Tried out the forearm crutches today with PT. What a relief omg, to get the weight off of my legs. We tried them out after my legs were pretty fatigued and i was dragging, humping around. I can't explain the relief I felt to just get the full load of my upper body off my legs. It immediately improved my posture quite a bit as well. I saw my physiatrist following and he had been filled in about how i did. Got a script, so i'm going to check out what i can get.

Thanks for the help, and thanks Bonnie too

Comment

Mary - that is great. I am so happy to share that concept with other incompletes. Embrace crutch walking - faster, more symmetric gait, easier on back, can go farther, and more secure on uneven terrain.
                        I just got done from a Crutch snowshoe with SideStix with the large snow baskets attached. 6 hours of travel in a windless, bluebird day high above Lake Tahoe. Live can be good.

Comment

It sort of feels like a workout... and bloody long drawn out one at that.

Just flicked my last concluding chapter of the PhD thesis off to my supervisors for comments and editing. Whoo hoo!!!!!! I think I am finally going to do this and there were many a time (and as recently as a few weeks ago) when I was ready to chuck the whole thing in.

The most exciting thing???? Imagining being able to go home after training on the weekend and just relax, chill out, do nothing and not feel guilty about it.

Comment

Dr. live2ride - good look with your defense of the thesis.

Comment

Likely have a torn rotator cuff...

I've been trying to work out around this but it sucks! Can't even sleep on my right side. If I have surgery I'm probably done for 6 months. What to do...?

Comment

2 hours on uppertone and 1.5 hrs on SCIFit 1000, I'm sore

Comment

Working...
                                X