No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.......and five hours of paddling on Sun.......
    Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Garro, I really like that old juniper tree to your left. It's like you, partially beat up, bent and twisted but still thriving. Nice.

Nordic Sitski - day #18 for the season. Yeah.....

Comment

ANY alpine yet arn?
        Bike-on.com rep
        John@bike-on.com
        c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
        sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Hey Fuentejps. Thanks for asking. I went once and met with a lot of frustration.

I had a welder rework my Revo Pro monoski to remove all the dump out of the seat because I am fused in extension and can't bend forward. (Fused from the pelvis to T11).
          As he took the dump of the seat out to get my COG forward over the binding, my knees dropped and my feet had to go very far out in front. Well, there is so much weight now out in front of the skid plate where I sit, that , like a teeter totter, I can't balance on the chair lift seat. WTF !! ! I can't f..ing ride the lift. Also the chairs vary in their depth. There was a minor chair at Alpine Meadows with a deeper chair that I could ride desperately holding on for dear life so I wouldn't tip out of the chair from all the weight built up in front.

So I then could ski and I monoski fine. Unfortunately with this massive fusion, I function more as a high T injury than the Lumbar injury because it feels like I am in a straight jacket with this fusion. I have limited fore and aft movement and limited rotation. Those are the movements that alway you to monoski.

So , the whole thing was a huge frustration, a sport so dear to my heart, and I am so close to being able to enjoy it but not there. It feels like a door closed. Wah, wah ... sorry for the complaining.

There would be a solution - dump the rig I am using. Go to HOC and have a custom rig built that had the seat height really high, with zero dump, but at least I could tuck my feet closer to the binding and be able to ride the lifts. This 8 grand solution is one I don't think I will take.

Glad you are enjoying it, Fuentejps. Go get it !

Comment

Originally posted by arndog View Post

There would be a solution - dump the rig I am using. Go to HOC and have a custom rig built that had the seat height really high, with zero dump, but at least I could tuck my feet closer to the binding and be able to ride the lifts. This 8 grand solution is one I don't think I will take.
            is your frame steel? can I help?

Comment

did 7.5 miles on my handcycle yesterday. time to get things moving again

Comment

sucks bro. get a program ski to run

Originally posted by arndog View Post
                Hey Fuentejps. Thanks for asking. I went once and met with a lot of frustration.

I had a welder rework my Revo Pro monoski to remove all the dump out of the seat because I am fused in extension and can't bend forward. (Fused from the pelvis to T11).
                As he took the dump of the seat out to get my COG forward over the binding, my knees dropped and my feet had to go very far out in front. Well, there is so much weight now out in front of the skid plate where I sit, that , like a teeter totter, I can't balance on the chair lift seat. WTF !! ! I can't f..ing ride the lift. Also the chairs vary in their depth. There was a minor chair at Alpine Meadows with a deeper chair that I could ride desperately holding on for dear life so I wouldn't tip out of the chair from all the weight built up in front.

So I then could ski and I monoski fine. Unfortunately with this massive fusion, I function more as a high T injury than the Lumbar injury because it feels like I am in a straight jacket with this fusion. I have limited fore and aft movement and limited rotation. Those are the movements that alway you to monoski.

So , the whole thing was a huge frustration, a sport so dear to my heart, and I am so close to being able to enjoy it but not there. It feels like a door closed. Wah, wah ... sorry for the complaining.

Glad you are enjoying it, Fuentejps. Go get it !
                Bike-on.com rep
                John@bike-on.com
                c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Day two of (F.A.S.T) exercises class. Can’t wait, Downey here I come.

Comment

Arndog, Have seen the Nissin rig? From what you are saying, it seems it might be a good rig for you. The dump of the bucket is easily adjustable and you could get to almost no dump very easily. Attach is a link that has a number of pics where you can see the frame of the rig and how the seat portion is highly adjustable. The foot rest also has a lot of adjustments available.

The Nissin also has a great lift loading mechanism.

It is a bit heavy, but that is also dependent on what bucket you put on it. You can get the rig without a bucket and get one from Freedom factory or even use your current bucket.

Anyway, you may have seen the Nissin and may have already ruled it out but just in case.

http://www.adaptivesportsforums.com/...issin-Ski-info
                    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
                    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
                    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Comment

Thanks. I checked out the Nissan link.

I just saw Candace at our nordic center and she said it was a very successful nordic ski clinic at Mammoth. Sounds great.

Comment

Advice to my fellow athletes...Avoid XC skiing in soft snow after lifting weights and working out for a half hour on the Krank Cycle. It will make you tired and grumpy!

Comment

Patrick - that is cool that you have access to a Krank Cycle. Do you live in a big city that has it in a gym? Or did you buy one? On our way to SF, I stopped in Oakland, Ca from Reno, NV to try one out at a club there. I loved it, but there are none in Reno.

Can you remind me where you nordic ski?

Tomorrow will be day 20 nordic sitski for the season.

Comment

Arndog:
                            A local gym just bought 4! I'm loving them! I live in Burlington, Vermont. It's a hip, small college town with a population of about 38,000 and I do most of my XC at a local, family-run touring center called Catamount but VT has some great other spots too (Craftsbury, Trapps, Ole's, et al ). Did #14 today.

Comment

double combo of riding the one off and kayaking & took lots of really great pics until i dropped my camera in the river........

Comment

Quadding
                                It is really fun and for me it is a heck of a workout lol

Comment

Working...
                                X