No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

day 12 nordic sitski. That is a lot to get in in the month of December.

Comment

got in two hours of one-off riding before snapping a steering cable - luckily next to a trailhead. man - after a month off i'm stiff! - Garro.
      Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Day #9 Nordic--trying to catch Arndog and Wellman! Great December but a nasty warm-up is headed East. I will be going to the US Nordic championships in Maine on Sunday. Hit the gym hard before the ski. Worked out yesterday at Biathlon course. Head Coach kicked my 46-year old paralyzed butt.
        I'm w/ you Arn. Nordic is great exercise, gets you outside, quiet and really the complete package.

Comment

Today I was outside playing with my dogs , Them crutches wore my shoulder something feirce
          I'll have to take it easy for a week or so I think I overstrained my right shoulder badly .
          In the meantime I will try practicing my Jujitsu from my wheelchair .

I love martial arts ,

Comment

Juijitsu from a chair. Interesting. My son loves and practices juijitsu and has competed. It would be cool to have a program for wheelies. Taking people's back and choke holds should be doable....

yesterday was nordic day 12 for me and the next 3 days are free as I am attending a chamber music festival with 3 concerts a day. It is almost as good as skiing.....

Comment

Hi Buddy hi Arndog I love this excercise stuff ....
              Yea I like old style excercises , I love medditating and intense focusing ;
              From my chair primarilarly I will only have my Upper torso arms to use "I call it pivot system ", What I study is very old style . My friend and I spar alot
              it is fun .
              He is more of a typical boxer where I am all about counteractions 2 different styles but tons of possibilities .

So when I am in pain I try to not focus on the problem but look for the solution , it is then that I realize pain is only a motivator .
              Basically there is no true form to Jujuitsu it is about everything in the big picture .
              If I go on the floor for instance I like to use leverage .

Sorry for my sloppy spelling .

Comment

Nordic Sitskiing day 14 for the season. Major tricep and lat and forearm workout. Hits the deltoids too. But mainly it is just beautiful to be in the winter environment, 23 ft of snow has hit the Sierras and the snow pack is phat. Postcard stuff.

Comment

Earlier today I went quadding . It was extremely fun
                  Definitely was great feeling to be outside in the chilly air super nice sunny day

Tonight my upper body muscles are tight like I rowed a boat for miles lol
                  I know i'll sleep good

Comment

Hi arndog / Friends
                    again today I did some more Quadding it is really healthy for me .
                    I use my upperbody to compensate for my messed up lower half
                    So my arms , chest are getting slowly toned and it is great .

Something has to compromise Right ?

For now I am doing this motorcros sport regimine ( workout ) because as soon as it snows I tend to stay indoors and I do not like feeling cooped up .

Comment

Two and 1/2 hours of PT. It sure is tiring working muscles that don't work right, and trying to keep up, i'm exhausted...

Comment

Nice GL and Marycsm77

Today - first crutch/snowshoeing of the year. Reno is in a smog inversion soup and up at Tahoe it was warm and sunny. Killer views of Lake Tahoe - This is the view from where we were this morning. 4 hour effort. (photo from last year at the same place - I'm waiting for my friend to dropbox me the photos from today and I'll put them up)

Comment

geez arndog,it is so incredibly beautiful in your state. Every pic is like a postcard. No wonder you live there. Looks like it was a lot of fun! i would trade that for PT any day
                          Last edited by marycsm77; 7 Jan 2011, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by arndog View Post
                            Nice GL and Marycsm77

Today - first crutch/snowshoeing of the year. Reno is in a smog inversion soup and up at Tahoe it was warm and sunny. Killer views of Lake Tahoe - This is the view from where we were this morning. 4 hour effort. (photo from last year at the same place - I'm waiting for my friend to dropbox me the photos from today and I'll put them up)
                            This is done with your sidestix Arndog?

Comment

Yes with the snowbasket atttachments. and one snowshoe on my good foot only,

Comment

GL I agree that riding quads is a great workout and fun too!

Arn Always appreciate your postcards!

Sitskiing is kick'n my butt! I mean, it's "WAKING UP" my torso and even though it's been 7 years post I'm getting so many new sensations/muscles (and spasms) each time I go. I still feel it's the best rehab activity. (for me)

Comment

Working...
                                X