What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arn:
    Great photos--eagerly awaiting arrival of white stuff here on the east coast. Been champing on the bit to get out XC-ing. Instead did handcycle and lifted weights!
    Patrick

Comment

Nordic Sitski day #3. It is rare in the Northern Sierra to get any days nordic skiing during December. This season is great so far. I need to get another 3 days under my belt to start feeling strong, but it is so good for the spirit to nordic sitski. I can't recommend this enough for any low para or mid para, and incomplete quads. You need to like to work hard and perhaps suffer a bit but the rewards are great. Getting away from pavement and your wheelchair, moving in a winter environment, 'it don't get any better'......

This is the rig you need - weighs in at only 7 lbs compared to a downhill monoski that weighs 35 lbs.

Comment

36hrs out of the house, two days kayaking. tired but worth it!
        Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi ya all
          Dear Arndog
          I replied to a thing called eating / excercise
          Thought you may like to read it

You know I work my arms hard

Steve / Arndog you all sure have beautiful photos

Keep smiling

Comment

Today I worked on leg flexes and then got back on my ol wooden crutches and probably spent nearly 2 hours just looking at the hills , land behind me The sun went down so
            I Went to my Van fired it up and sat down to relax some while sorting through my registration / insurance papers ..
            I am trying to get accustomed to crutches and everyday I go a little further .Drank a ton of water lol it was good

Comment

7 nordic sitski days. Tomorrow makes 8 but who's counting.
              Today - tried to downhill monoski after Tahoe received 16 inches new last night. Problem- my modified monoski can't ride the lift. So I 3 tracked for some runs on the groomers. My leg is weak and I'll never get off the groomers. Back to the welder to modify my modified monoski. Garro , wish you lived here and you could give me some help as a welder. Maybe you know the guy I am using. Last name - Galeoto.....He fabricated downhill racing MTN bikes.

Comment

couple hours on the wii(standard remote table tennis) using my hemi arm(no fingers or elbow funcation that side)

pushed using day chair (oad melrose stallion) to the shop 1000 meters 1 way

Comment

Crutches again
                  I really am giving it my all

So hard on my poor arms
                  one tired countrygal
                  I am currently pushing myself just as hard as I can manage Sometimes I overwork then I sleep like a baby lmao

Arndog I really enjoy this thread and you all are the best

Comment

4 days up on the mtn so far this year and sitskiing is the best! Looking fwd to tomorrow for some Friday turns. Even after 7 years of sci I feel more after skiing. And every muscle fiber of return helps me ski better. Man, making nice turns is so satisfying!

Comment

I have been doing metalwork & doing demolition/adaptation to a *new house!* ripping shit down in a chair is HARD.

Comment

4 Days of Nordic--trying to catch up with Arndog-- and swimmimg every other day--it's great what you can take time for when you don't have to go into work!

Comment

Originally posted by steve garro View Post
                          I have been doing metalwork & doing demolition/adaptation to a *new house!* ripping shit down in a chair is HARD.
                          Ditto to this post - more of the same!

Comment

Nordic ski at mid-day--the woods are so nice blanketed with snow.

Comment

Yeah Patrick. Glad you are out there nordic sitskiing. I went today too. It was so beautiful with new clean white crystallized snow. Me and my partner in crime , Mark Wellman, always wished more SCIs could experience nordic sitskiing and the beauty of the winter environment plus the exercise. This was day #9 for me and we usually can't count on any days before Jan 1.

Comment

Tagged on for a 'little' bunch ride today... ended up doing over 120km at ave speed of about 31 km/hr. Had a few friendly pushes up a few hills though as legs were toasted. Nice to get out with a bunch for a change instead of slogging it out into the wind on my own :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X