No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cranked my last 30 mile ride b4 the marathon next sunday. gorgeous fall day.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Originally posted by DIGGER View Post
      Thanks, it gives me a sense of worth when you can see the fruits of your labor. Plus it warms you thrice. lol

Two cords there and one more on the way for the garage/gym/shop. The guy I buy from just does a rough split so I can handle it. I do all the rest. I use a vertical splitter, no lifting.
      Edelbrock rocks

Comment

Winter is on the way......
        Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

what id do for some hip flexors and some hand function!
          c5/c6 brown sequard asia d

Comment

Nice work , all.

Fuente - Good luck and have fun on the marathon.

jerkens - I hear ya. Usually, the expression is "I'd give my left arm for some..... hand function";-) We all want more function. I do too ! It is part of the SCI dilemma. I also would like to win the California State lottery !

Garro - nice picture of the sacred Mt. Humphreys with the first snow. Tahoe also got about 4 inches of new above 8000 ft. Yesterday, another 'crutch hike/walk' (19.5 miles,11.5 hours)and I got this picture of the new snow. That is Dick's Peak with new snow, the snow melted at 8000 ft where this picture was taken - Upper Velma Lake.

This summer and fall, I'm trying to crutch-hike the whole Tahoe Rim Trail (in day-hike segments) and I have only 2 more day hikes to go after yesterday's . I am running out of daylight and the snow's a comin'.......

Comment

Originally posted by arndog View Post
              Nice work , all.

Fuente - Good luck and have fun on the marathon.

jerkens - I hear ya. Usually, the expression is "I'd give my left arm for some..... hand function";-) We all want more function. I do too ! It is part of the SCI dilemma. I also would like to win the California State lottery !

Garro - nice picture of the sacred Mt. Humphreys with the first snow. Tahoe also got about 4 inches of new above 8000 ft. Yesterday, another 'crutch hike/walk' (19.5 miles,11.5 hours)and I got this picture of the new snow. That is Dick's Peak with new snow, the snow melted at 8000 ft where this picture was taken - Upper Velma Lake.

This summer and fall, I'm trying to crutch-hike the whole Tahoe Rim Trail (in day-hike segments) and I have only 2 more day hikes to go after yesterday's . I am running out of daylight and the snow's a comin'.......
              omg, stunning photo, just stunning, can i come there and visit you
              Last edited by marycsm77; 11 Oct 2010, 4:21 PM. Reason: error

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Good luck with the marathon Fuente.

I've just been given a new track bike and it soooo light - can't wait to get back on the velodrome and give it a run. Still doing the road km's to keep the endurance base but the focus will be more on track over coming months (oh and writing of course).

Been doing 3x gym sessions a week and starting to get some more upper body strength and my quads are looking impressive. Unfortunately hip stability is still a problem but i will keep working on it and also seem to have constant problems with sores on my foot, just as soon as i manage to heal one, another one starts somewhere else.

Comment

thx men. i have takin it easy this week. i have tried training up to an event and found that i do much better taking the week prior off and just do light cardio..... the mARAthon sold out man. 15,000 participants.........imm stoked and nervous.
                    Bike-on.com rep
                    John@bike-on.com
                    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                    sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

L2R - your my hero to be able to work on a Phd and concurrently train as you do on a bike.

Fuente - have a blast.

Today - worked in vegetable garden pulling out old corn stalks and tomato plants and getting the raised beds ready for the winter. Yesterday - mowed lawn, the suburban workout - tiring.

Comment

back from four days paddling. it rocked! ~ 30mi paddling, 1/2 upstream against the Colorado....
                        Last edited by steve garro; 17 Oct 2010, 4:51 PM.

Comment

.....and one for the scenery.

Comment

dammn garro, that must be a fun backyard!

Comment

i recently purchased the 'Body by Jake Tower 200' pretty good stuff!

Comment

I just crutch walked the last section of the Tahoe Rim Trail ,Today, did a 16 mile section averaging 1.7 mph. We took a lot of video and I'll try to put that up to share. I am very gratified to have completed the 165 mile trail in 10 day crutch hikes from 13 miles to 21 miles in length. It took a week to recover after most of these long days so it has taken most of the summer to do the 10 days. The daylight is short so we started before dawn and hiked with headlamps.

Comment

Working...
                                X