What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steve garro View Post
    4.5 stinkin' hours non-stop on my one-off. all singletrack. all buffed out & sticky from the summer monsoons. I need to download pics, bad. feeling strong! Arndog: what hill was that? Tioga or something? - Garro.
    I should be giving a One Off a try soon. My local adaptive sports program ordered one and it just shipped. Due to arrive on Aug 4th. Yippee
    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Comment

• Originally posted by arndog View Post
      Great shots on your blog , Steve. I like the 'trials' move between those boulders. You are the unofficial mayor of the one-off for sure. Never seen a golden colored columbine either. Interesting.

That ride I did was in Tahoe-Donner in Truckee. I did the out and back 3 times to see how I held up. I may be doing Tioga later this month. I now want to go to Markleeville and try my hands (literally) at the passes there, Monitor and Ebbets.
      Tioga would be great!
      Adaptive Sports Forums.com
      http://adaptivesportsforums.com
      Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Comment

• crutch hike - all day. Pacific Crest Trail . Flowers are peaking.

Comment

• other shots from today

Comment

handcycle yesterday - 32 miles, 7400 ft of climbing, There were no flat sections, only up or down. So that was 7400 ft of rise in 16 miles which is an average grade of 9%. My elbows began to talk to me and I was using a 34/ 26 gear at the end. The lizards on the road were faster than I was. On the descents, hit 43 mph occasionally.
            My Garmin Edge computer calculates grade for me. I know what 9% is! That's an incredible climb.

Comment

• Just got back from the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. I used trekking poles and did the most serious hiking since my injury. Lots of steep and rocky stuff. I'm still slow but I'm doing it. Tip of the hat to Arndog and his talk and show of "crutch hiking," it showed me what can be done. A few people hiking trails acknowledged the effort they saw me undertaking. The best was a quiet nod from a man wearing a T shirt that said Army Medical, he was also wearing a desert camo Army issue camelbak. Here's a pic...

Next up...leaving today for a canoe trip in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (no backcountry camping, see how this goes first)

Comment

• This is pic of the Lower Falls at Yellowstone having gone down "Uncle Tom's Trail"

Comment

• This is the story of Uncle Tom's Trail. The steps are metal stairs bolted into the side of the canyon wall. This is me after the descent and ascent, that's why I'm looking a little ragged...

Comment

• And finally, a picture of the Lower Falls from an area that is wheelchair accessible. I was pleased and amazed at the excellent wheelchair accessibility of Yellowstone. You don't have to be a walker (crutches or not) to enjoy and see a lot at Yellowstone. $25/car for a weeklong pass. Why would anyone even think of Disneyworld for vacation?

Comment

• sorefm - great job and really great photography. On my computer screen, your images are vibrant and realistic. Glad you used the ski poles. Sure you can walk 30 yards with a single cane, or around your house with no gimpliments, but by using 2 sticks you can do so much more. I can't tell how 'incomplete' you are, but if you find yourself unable to keep up and cover ground with 2 ski poles, consider forearm crutches....

Comment

• masters swim - working on 400 yd intervals, training for a half ironman tri swim.

Comment

sorefm - great job and really great photography. On my computer screen, your images are vibrant and realistic. Glad you used the ski poles. Sure you can walk 30 yards with a single cane, or around your house with no gimpliments, but by using 2 sticks you can do so much more. I can't tell how 'incomplete' you are, but if you find yourself unable to keep up and cover ground with 2 ski poles, consider forearm crutches....
                          A couple days ago I grabbed the forearm crutches from the garage to see how they feel after many months of disuse. Definitely more control than just using just the sticks. Saw your video (months ago) snowshoeing with the forearm crutches. I could go for that

Comment

• mow lawn - not my favorite workout. I do rationalize that it is 'therapeutic' and is exercise. I wish I had astroturf.
                            '

Comment

• Incline bench, eleven sets to 210lbs single. Dumbell curls , nine sets to 40lbs. 350 leg raises - 10 sets of 35. Twenty minutes on recumbent exercise bike. A long afternoon of wheelchair skills practice. Maybe 20 times down stairs, as many curb climbs and curb hops and stair climbs using railing and one arm pushing.

Does crashing count as exercise? I did a bunch of that today too and I've got the bruises on my body and scratches on my chair to prove it :-)

Comment

• great day - handcycling with 2 other friends. We did 2 passes out of Markleeville, Ca. Monitor and Ebbet's 5544 ft climbing. Almost 6 hours in the saddle , ugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X