Unexpected Excellent Workout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpected Excellent Workout

After pushing and being pushed in my chair all over the soccer fields using a FreeWheel wheelchair attachment I find that the bumpes and balance works my torso in a very helpful way. It's almost as effective as skiing! Pat

looks cool were did you get it
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Comment

I want to know too. That looks like something I need for my yard and garden.

Comment

Hi Mom and Wheelin,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3AFsyDgOFw

Here's a clip of Saturday.

And here's a clip with more info:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0-peebNSs8

The FreeWheel tm wheelchair attachment is something I've been working on for over a year and I'm very excited to show how easy getting out on trails, grass and gravel can be. Also, The other day in the yard I could pick up dog poop because I could roll around. Talk about fealing adequate!

Anyway, I have been taking orders only here and building basically custom units. My goal is to setup production to bring the price down even lower!

You can email me at;

pat.dougherty@hp.com
        or
        tamiandpat@msn.com

Thanks,

Pat

Comment

I think I saw it is your birthday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Comment

Wow. Thanks. Actually, it's my twin brother's birthday!

Comment

Looks like a good workout!

Comment

Originally posted by patd
                Hi Mom and Wheelin,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3AFsyDgOFw

Here's a clip of Saturday.

And here's a clip with more info:

The FreeWheel tm wheelchair attachment is something I've been working on for over a year and I'm very excited to show how easy getting out on trails, grass and gravel can be. Also, The other day in the yard I could pick up dog poop because I could roll around. Talk about fealing adequate!

Anyway, I have been taking orders only here and building basically custom units. My goal is to setup production to bring the price down even lower!

You can email me at;

pat.dougherty@hp.com
                or
                tamiandpat@msn.com

Thanks,

Pat
                Neat little invention there. I did notice "manual" is misspelled in second advertisement video.
                -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

Comment

How well does that work on loose/soft dirt? I could use something to help me get around at the lake.

Comment

amarillogal, I've been testing two different tire designs. I is a 12" bicycle tire and one is a solid foam wheel. The solid foam wheel impressed me because its light and narrow. And it has less rolling resistance on many surfaces. City trecking, it'd say it is best. The bicycle tire is wider and heavier, but not heavy. It glides over grass and gravel (and snow) better. It feels soooo good to coast over grass, for example, when I used to dread the inching along syndrome!

As users report back to me I really am surprised to hear their comments. "I played frisbee golf for the first time!" and " I can't imagine not using this!"

Another coment, " I can't afford not using this!"

I say, "Stop it some more!"

I've found that going to the lake for fishing or watercraft has been a ball with a FreeWheel.

Let me know if you have any questions, Pat

Comment

amarillogal, I've been testing two different tire designs. I is a 12" bicycle tire and one is a solid foam wheel. The solid foam wheel impressed me because its light and narrow. And it has less rolling resistance on many surfaces. City trecking, it'd say it is best. The bicycle tire is wider and heavier, but not heavy. It glides over grass and gravel (and snow) better. It feels soooo good to coast over grass, for example, when I used to dread the inching along syndrome!

As users report back to me I really am surprised to hear their comments. "I played frisbee golf for the first time!" and " I can't imagine not using this!"

Another coment, " I can't afford not using this!"

I say, "Stop it some more!"

I've found that going to the lake for fishing or watercraft has been a ball with a FreeWheel.

Let me know if you have any questions, Pat

Pat,

I don't know if you saw my last reply. However, "manuel" is misspelled in your video ad. Are you purposely doing this? It should be "manual", otherwise.

Comment

Hi ResonantEcho, thanks for pointing that out! Everyone knows that engineers can't spell!!

I have to figure out how to re submit the fixed video to youtube!

Pat

Comment

Hi ResonantEcho, thanks for pointing that out! Everyone knows that engineers can't spell!!

I have to figure out how to re submit the fixed video to youtube!

Pat
                          Pat,

I wouldn't have pointed it out if not being an advertisement for your product.

Yes, some of my most intelligent co-workers (who are fellow software developers) can't spell. That's why I don't put a lot of stock in equating the ability to spell with intelligence.

Comment

My son wants to know how does it really work? And does it lift the front wheels off the ground? Are you able to increase speed on rough terrain or just agility? (accountants can't spell either)
                            BeeBee

Comment

Hi BeeBee, Your son asks good questions. The FreeWheel attachment does lift the casters off the ground. As you can see in the video;

The FreeWheel is made with an angled steering stem. It's tilted back, so to install, the wheel needs to be turned away from the user. Once securly clamped the user can push forward. This spins the wheel around the steering stem. Since the steering stem is angled back, there is leverage to lift the front of the wheelchair when the wheelchair is moving forward.

When the user rolls in reverse the front of the wheelchair casters lower to the ground. Simple and effective.

The 3 wheeled situation has a longer wheelbase and the 12" front wheel which rolls so easily over rough terrain. It's easier to push.

Let me know if you have any more questions, Pat

Comment

Working...
                              X