X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stairlift

Does anybody have one of these?

http://www.butlermobility.com/products/incline.html

If so what are your likes/dislikes? They make them in the neighboring county, I called them a few hour ago and they're coming over in about an hour. We'll see what they say!

Dave
    Dave

I'm pretty sure that's the stair lift I have...

likes- it gets me up and down stairs It has an emergency lever if the power goes out and it's stuck at the top so you're not stranded. I don't think it can go up if it's down when electric goes out, though.

dislike-it's a little loud, so I can't sneak in or out

Overall, I really like mine. No problems as of yet.
    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson

Comment

that looks pretty cool how much does it cost
      to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley
        I'm pretty sure that's the stair lift I have...

likes- it gets me up and down stairs It has an emergency lever if the power goes out and it's stuck at the top so you're not stranded. I don't think it can go up if it's down when electric goes out, though.

dislike-it's a little loud, so I can't sneak in or out

Overall, I really like mine. No problems as of yet.
        Thanks Ashley. The noise won't bother me, my sneaking days are LONG gone! LOL

Dave
        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by wheelin 48
          that looks pretty cool how much does it cost
          I haven't gotten a quote yet, it should come in a few days. It will most likely come in btwn 9,000-12,000 dollars. The part I like is that its "portable" in the sense that I can take it with me if I move.

Dave
          Dave

Comment

Hey Dave,
            We have a different name brand, but it is an incline lift. We love it!!!
            This has opened up another 2500sf for Dan now we can get him into the basement!
            He did get nervous driving onto the platform at the top of the steps but
            is used to it now. He's not independant enough to use it alone.
            I do like this Butler version, we are into steel and diamondplate and it seems
            real sturdy.
            Let us know!
            Cathy

Comment

Thanks Cathy, what brand do you have? Is the cost comparable to the Butler? Has it held up well?

Dave
              Dave

Comment

Just got the proposal.........$13,400.00!!!
                Dave

Comment

I have the same one too. Like Ashley said it's a little loud but it's built like a Tank! I've had mine 14 years and it's still like new. I had to replace the electric motor once, and the wire that runs up and down the rail with the platform once. I bet I use it 7-8 times a day both up and down. They are pricey, BVR paid for mine.

Comment

i posted some info on another thread on lifts. there not platform , just stair lifts. i bought one for the basement $100 ($2,000) 5 years old , a curved one for the upstairs , 2 years old (list new $7,000 not installed) for $300. $400 my whole house is in reach. e-bay is your friend
                    Last edited by kenf; 03-15-2008, 12:45 PM.
                    oh well

Comment

Hey Dave,
                      Sounds like Ebay is a great source, but sometimes scary, right!
                      Ours is a SavariaES125 I'm pretty sure. New, I think they are also
                      $13,000 - $14,000. It just so happened that the company that gave me the original estimate found out that I was shopping around (boy do they talk).
                      The guy then called and said there was a used one, so we got it for $9,000.
                      Still a lot of money, but a big diff. Like I said, we love it.
                      C

Comment

Thanks Cathy! I'm going to look around a little too, but I'll probably end up with the Butler!

Dave
                        Dave

Comment

stair lift

Starting to plan on remodeling house for access for spouse.
                          One alternative would be a stair lift or two.

Do those who have them also have back-up generators?
                          I question what we will do when the power goes out.

Comment

when the power goes out, most lifts will have an emergency manual lever to bring the lift down, but going back up is another story. I personally have a backup generator because i also use an air mattress and when the power goes out, i can't afford to be laying on a stiff frame.
                            Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
                            -Dorothy Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by mkoby
                              Starting to plan on remodeling house for access for spouse.
                              One alternative would be a stair lift or two.

Do those who have them also have back-up generators?
                              I question what we will do when the power goes out.
                              The particular model I posted has battery power if the power goes out. The batteries are under a constant charge so they are always ready to go. I don't remember how many times it will cycle though.

Dave
                              Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X