Sun Fusion 16 Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stephen212
    The chair was designed by Doug Garven. The single-sided casters are but one of his many clever brainchilds.
    Thanks for the link. That is a very interesting read.

Comment

The chair was designed by Doug Garven. The single-sided casters are but one of his many clever brainchilds.

This guy is an inspiration.
      May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Comment

makes me wonder about other designers in the industry...like the guys at kuschall, per4max and RGK.

cool back story.

he's the wheelchair pimp.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by Daleb
          makes me wonder about other designers in the industry...like the guys at kuschall, per4max and RGK.

cool back story.

he's the wheelchair pimp.

Doug recently finished up a stint overseas at Kuschall. As you can see from the NM article, he'd like to do his own thing with lots more veto power.
          stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

todd [adi], could we get some reviews from users of your brakes, w/ pics ect. a few have said they would but nothing ever comes of it.
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com
            c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
            sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Listed as 811 grams for 559 which I think is ~1 3/4lbs, without pushrim or tire.

Very nice product, to be sure!

Anyone know what a 559 spinergy rim weights without pushrim or tire?
              The 18-spoke Spinergy wheels run pretty close to 760 grams without tire and pushrims. Therefore, the Fusion 16 wheel is only 60 grams (0.13 lbs) heavier. The hub and rim were designed specific for this new wheel to minimize weight while enhancing strength.

The new Sun Components website launched today and has some additional information under new products. The spec. sheet loads a little slow, please be patient and we are working on improving this.

The MSRP for this product is $410 per set with tires and hard-annodized hand-rings. Distributor's may be providing discounts, but that is up to them. The product is being rolled out this month to the consumer markets and all diameters (540, 559, 590) should be available in another week or so. The 540mm wheels are available at this time.

Troy (Sun Components)...SunMade

Comment

Originally posted by SunMade
                The new Sun Components website launched today and has some additional information under new products. The spec. sheet loads a little slow, please be patient and we are working on improving this.

The MSRP for this product is $410 per set with tires and hard-annodized hand-rings. Distributor's may be providing discounts, but that is up to them. The product is being rolled out this month to the consumer markets and all diameters (540, 559, 590) should be available in another week or so. The 540mm wheels are available at this time.

Troy (Sun Components)...SunMade
                Ah Ha!

Now that you've unveiled your identity, can you tell us if there plans for any major manufacturer's to offer them as an RPO on their products?

Comment

Doug recently finished up a stint overseas at Kuschall. As you can see from the NM article, he'd like to do his own thing with lots more veto power.

Hmmmm...I wonder if he had his hands into this project? He seemed to like the idea of a light weight mono-shock chair quite a bit.
                  Last edited by Oddity; 9 Feb 2008, 3:10 AM.
                  "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Hmmmm...I wonder if he had his hands into this project? He seemed to like the idea of a light weight mon-shock chair quite a bit.
                    If you navigate to FASCINATION - STYLE (sorry, it's not possible to create a direct link), I think that's Doug pictured sitting in the chair having a tipple.
                    stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Buy Fusion-16 wheels

Fusion-16 are available for purchase at http://www.adirides.com/fusion.html

Price $349.00 pair.

Includes: standard handrim, Kenda tire and tube. Handrim options and solid SHOX tires available upon request.

TH

Comment

If you navigate to FASCINATION - STYLE (sorry, it's not possible to create a direct link), I think that's Doug pictured sitting in the chair having a tipple.

After reading his background and what he's interested in as far as wheelchair design goes this doesn't surprise me at all.

XTR, R33 (if he was involved...would seem like a safe bet given current info), Tsunami, ...what's next from this guy?

Next Mobility is signed up as a vendor for Abilities Expo East next month (booth 725 ) so hopefully I can get some good first hand info about the state of his current project chair (assuming the Tsunami, if i'm reading the literature correctly).

Comment

After reading his background and what he's interested in as far as wheelchair design goes this doesn't surprise me at all.

XTR, R33 (if he was involved...would seem like a safe bet given current info), Tsunami, ...what's next from this guy?

Next Mobility is signed up as a vendor for Abilities Expo East next month (booth 725 ) so hopefully I can get some good first hand info about the state of his current project chair (assuming the Tsunami, if i'm reading the literature correctly).
                          The Tsunami name has been retired -- understandably. I don't know what name the most recent incarnation of the chair is going by. I'm also looking forward to checking it out.
                          stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by Todd, ADI
                            Price $349.00 pair.
                            kickass.

Comment

The Tsunami name has been retired -- understandably.
                              Tsunamis have been occurring, and killing people, since the beginning of time. So have tornados, sciroccos, hurricanes, typhoons, earthquakes and tidal waves. All of those terms have been used in various marketing schemes to name everything from cars to sports teams to roller coasters. Why should a wheelchair be any different?

C.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Racing
                                Tsunamis have been occurring, and killing people, since the beginning of time. So have tornados, sciroccos, hurricanes, typhoons, earthquakes and tidal waves. All of those terms have been used in various marketing schemes to name everything from cars to sports teams to roller coasters. Why should a wheelchair be any different?

C.
                                It's the difference between the mythic Tsunamis and the one that was just on the front page of your morning newspaper in horrifying technicolor. As with all things, timing is everything.

Imagine a major automobile manufacturer introducing a brand new car called The Tsunami on the heels of an actual tsunami that just wiped away thousands of people. It's fair to say that would be a tone-deaf marketing blunder. Doug's pre-Tsunami Tsunami was pretty much ready to go into production before E&J -- its original underwriter -- decided to pull out.
                                Last edited by stephen212; 10 Feb 2008, 1:20 PM.
                                stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Working...
                                X