Most Awesome Vehicle for a Quad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most Awesome Vehicle for a Quad

Let's say... You won the lottery. Money is no object. What is the coolest vehicle adapted for a quad to drive from power chair? Pictures appreciated.

Wanna dream???

H2 too big for your taste??

check it out at http://www.kvb.ca/lift/demo.html

fortunately you don't have to win the lottery, you just need a GM SUV and 55 grand.......

well, actually I should win the lottery, here in argentina 1 US Dollar Costs 3.2 argentine Pesos.......

Comment

Originally posted by C5C6
      H2 too big for your taste??
      H2s and Tahoes are basically the same size. They share the same frame, but have different bodies.

Comment

wow that obviously reveals i've never seen an H2, actually there's only one in my city here in Argentina, bought for advertising a popular disco....haven't seen it in a long time......DAMN IT'S BIG!

Comment

Sign me up too!!!
          Just need a rich friend to help me out.
          Unfortunately, don't have any.
          Still, it would be great to own one.
          Good luck with your quest.
          MAC
          C 5/6 Comp.
          No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

I'd get a Ford Full Size van and have a Quigley 4x4 system installed.

Comment

Like this? (assuming my attachment worked) I love it. 120,000 miles so far. Vangater side lift. Conversion by Freewheel, 4x4 by Quigley.

Comment

Friggin' Eh, Brino! That's a nice ride. How's the head room?

Comment

It has a 3" body lift and a 4" floor drop. My guestimate of headroom is 58" because I'm about 55" in my chair.

Comment

Sweet, my head would have plenty of room.

Comment

And you can see over little cars like Tahoes and H2's!

Actually, I looked into the KVB conversions a few years back and I'd have to win the lottery. In a van I can ride in my chair or in one of the other seats (without a difficult transfer) if I get tired of driving. For me that and cost were the downsides of the KVB conversions. I'll bet they are great off-road though and they look really cool.

Comment

I surfed the KVB "Elaine Anne" lift site. I think the SWEETEST ride would be a Cadilac Ascalade.

Downside to these lifts:

- 1) Cost
                        - 2) Street Parking (You'd be getting out in traffic side)

Guess I'll stick to my mini-van. Maybe upgrade to a Chrysler Town & Country or a Sienna.

Comment

I have a E350 Van with an OVL, the floor is dropped 9" and the steering wheel is extended 4". I like the OVL because you don't hear all the rattling while driving down the rode. Mine does not have the 4x4, thank goodness. At 9 MPG I can hardly afford to drive it now, I could only imagine what the MPG would be with the 4x4. The big draw back of the SUV would be if there was anything wrong with you or the SUV no one else could drive it unless they were in your chair. The MPG would be nice on the SUV and I sure like the looks and the different bells and whistles of a truck or SUV over the vans. But as Brino said, I can let my wife put in the van's driver sheet and drive or I can get into one of the other seats if need be or be locked down in the middle.

Comment

I have an 07 Chev. extended cab P.U. I have a bruno turney seat and a crane / topper combo. I need the 4x4 because of where I live. The only thing I can say is a draw back is the whole transfer process takes about 4 minutes. In a rain storm or very cold wind this is a bummer. Other than that it is awsome! I get +-16mpg. with the 5.3 engine. Brino, what is the total height of your rig, and if you don't mind, the total cost? Mine was 62 grand plus Lisc. and tax.
                            Dave E. C6-7 Incomp. Quad 9-06

"NEVER LOSE SIGHT OF YOUR DREAMS!"
                            "THERE IS NOTHING BETTER FOR THE INSIDE OF A MAN / WOMAN THAN THE OUTSIDE OF A HORSE"

Comment

Dave E, the van is just under 8 feet. It won't fit in a standard garage or some parking garages. It has both a body lift to drop the floor and a suspension lift to add the 4x4. I priced out a new one and it looks like 32k for the E-350 Club Wagon with medium options, 20 k for the conversion - lowered floor, body lift, lift, lockdown, handcontrols, removable driver's seat (this is a guess. I paid 15k for everything in 97) -, and 13k for Quigley to 4x4 it with autolocking hubs. That's 65k. I paid ~50k in 97. It takes about 1.5 minutes to open, unfold, lower, and lift. If its rainingor snowing it seams much longer.

QuadClaude, take the parking brake off! : ) With my E-350 4x4 I get 12 MPG in town and 14 on the road and I don't drive to get good mileage. Unless your van is carburated, it should get much better mileage.

Comment

Working...
                              X