Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SpinLife or Sportaid?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by SCI_OTR
    One benefit of the ZR is that you adjust your COG using holes in the lower "stalk" on frame instead of sliding clamps on the seat rail. As a result, the chair will track absolutely straight because the camber tube is always absolutely perpendicular to the frame. While this can be done on a ZRa, it is more difficult to attain that degree of precision.

    Depending on your rear STF height, the ZRa may not provide as much adjust ability as one might think without having to hack the camber tube mounting clamp.

    If you need rear anti-tippers, end of debate, you have to get the ZRa.

    You do get 1/2" front STF height adjustment up or down on the ZR. If you are fairly certain about that measurement and your rear seat-to-floor height go with the ZR. There is still a lot of fiddling you can do with it.
    I see that the aligned holes would be an easy way to assure that the camber tube remains perpendicular to the frame. This doesn't concern me if the sliding clamps stay put where set. I'm used to measuring accurately to precision tolerances.

    You bring up an important question about anti-tips. I have tried with and without. I prefer with, they have saved the back of my skull on several occasions. mostly when I forgot that my backpack was overloaded. I got a short ride in a ZRA with tippers. Set as high as possible, they were still much lower than my A4 at the highest setting. Any tricks to get them higher and still work? I know that if they get stuck a couple times when climbing curbs and such, they will get set aside and never used. Tippers are a consideration, but I wouldn't let that stop me from getting a ZR.

    More of a concern is would the ZRa deliver the promised STF adjust ability? The PT suggested 17" rear, 20" front and said that I could play with it from there. I intend to dig out my A4 measurements or remeasure all critical dimensions. I also want to measure my chair related body dimensions. I am concerned that I get a good fit. I also need to study the order form more carefully. There is a lot of good info there.

    I have a another question. How to order a seated back angle of approximately 90 degrees corrected for dump. The PT said to let the vendor answer this when I asked if the recommended 92 degrees on the order form needed to be adjusted for dump. Seems that I would need to order 86 degrees to achieve 92?

    I want to thank you for all that I've learned reading your posts here and in other threads and for your willingness to share your knowledge.
    Foolish

    "We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

    "Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

    Comment


      #17
      The seat back angle is relevant to a horizontal plane and not the seat rail, therefore, 92 degrees would be 92 degrees--regardless of dump.

      Per the TiLite Rigid owner's manual, rear STF height adjustability is generally 1.5" either way on the ZRa, but is dependent on initial set up.

      On either chair, the back angle can be adjusted easily. BTW, it is also a much better designed mechanism than on your A4.
      Last edited by SCI_OTR; 24 Aug 2007, 4:16 PM.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by SCI_OTR
        The seat back angle is relevant to a horizontal plane and not the seat rail, therefore, 92 degrees would be 92 degrees--regardless of dump.

        Per the TiLite Rigid owner's manual, rear STF height adjustability is generally 1.5" either way on the ZRa, but is dependent on initial set up.

        On either chair, the back angle can be adjusted easily. BTW, it is also a much better designed mechanism than on your A4.
        Ok, I see now. Here's where I jumped the track, skimming again.







        SEAT BACK ANGLE
        G Measure angle from front of back post to
        floor. 90° will be perpendicular to the floor. To approximate the
        angle from the back post to the seat, subtract 2 degrees from
        measurement
        G for every .5” of dump.
        ??? Under what circumstances would someone select an 80 degree angle?





        Last edited by Foolish Old; 24 Aug 2007, 5:10 PM.
        Foolish

        "We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

        "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

        "Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Foolish Old
          ??? Under what circumstances would someone select an 80 degree angle?
          C'mon Foolish, you live in the Keys. Hurricane season!
          ........................._____
          ...............o ... _____
          ............./__.. _____
          ...........O o

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by SCI_OTR
            C'mon Foolish, you live in the Keys. Hurricane season!
            ........................._____
            ...............o ... _____
            ............./__.. _____
            ...........O o
            ROTFLMAO! I actually had to rest my head on my insteps once to make headway against a strong wind. This was just after surgery and I had little strength.
            Foolish

            "We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

            "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

            "Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

            Comment


              #21
              Just going back to the main topic for a second here. I ordered from Sportaid couple times, and the experience has been great. They would call me to confirm my orders everytime, not sure why they always like calling me. Well I guess my orders has always been custom parts, so they like to call to confirm that everything is right. I Like their service.
              May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

              Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Hype62
                Just going back to the main topic for a second here. I ordered from Sportaid couple times, and the experience has been great. They would call me to confirm my orders everytime, not sure why they always like calling me. Well I guess my orders has always been custom parts, so they like to call to confirm that everything is right. I Like their service.
                Thanks.
                Foolish

                "We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

                "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

                "Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by SCI_OTR
                  The seat back angle is relevant to a horizontal plane and not the seat rail, therefore, 92 degrees would be 92 degrees--regardless of dump.

                  Per the TiLite Rigid owner's manual, rear STF height adjustability is generally 1.5" either way on the ZRa, but is dependent on initial set up.

                  On either chair, the back angle can be adjusted easily. BTW, it is also a much better designed mechanism than on your A4.
                  How much can the dump be adjusted on the Quickie Ti chairs? Can the dump be adjusted more easily on the Ti Lite chairs?

                  Comment


                    #24
                    The Quickie GTi titanium is easier to adjust than the Quickie Ti titanium because the latter uses Torx screws and a compression sleeve to hold the camber tube, and they usually strip after 1-2 adjustments. The TiLite ZRa is about the same difficulty as the GTi. They require removal/reinsertion of 2-4 socket head cap screws on each side of the chair which are easy to access.

                    The exact amount of dump depends on it's initial configuration, but these charts might be helpful...


                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by SCI_OTR
                      The Quickie GTi titanium is easier to adjust than the Quickie Ti titanium because the latter uses Torx screws and a compression sleeve to hold the camber tube, and they usually strip after 1-2 adjustments. The TiLite ZRa is about the same difficulty as the GTi. They require removal/reinsertion of 2-4 socket head cap screws on each side of the chair which are easy to access.

                      The exact amount of dump depends on it's initial configuration, but these charts might be helpful...

                      Thanks!

                      Comment


                        #26
                        At sportaid we will beat all prices.

                        Jimmy Green

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by jimmy green View Post
                          At sportaid we will beat all prices.

                          ...and will resurrect a 5-year-old thread to make that point.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Great Pic!
                            sigpicSCI Boot Camp

                            Comment


                              #29
                              I have been dealing with and living with my injury for over 20 years. Sport Aid has always been there for me and my needs.
                              sigpicSCI Boot Camp

                              Comment


                                #30
                                I'm new to all of this and was wondering is spin life and sport aid the two best places to buy equipment?
                                The DME that the hospital gave me is horrible and charged me 9k for my chair. Now that I have my chair I realized I should have spares incase something breaks or goes flat. I also want to buy other equipment like a standing frame so I really need to find a store or a group of stores that will have good service and prices.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X