Paraplegic dream car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Nice!
    But, I am still drooling over the 2009 Corvette Stingray, otherwise known as the "Blue Devil." In this article at car and driver, basic info is given. Searching produces more, of course Quick quote: "The large hood bulge you see is rumored to be concealing a supercharged 6.2-liter V-8, and packing upwards of 650 horsepower. This engine will likely use an integrated intake-manifold intercooler and should sprint from 0 to 60 mph in less than 3.4 seconds. And, with the addition of more carbon fiber in the body and expanded use of polycarbonates, this super Vette could weigh less than the current Z06."

Still not as quick as my last race bike (mod'd Yamaha R1, 0-60 ~2.5 secs nothing feels quite like blasting out of a full over, knee on the ground curve, already @ ~120mph and throttling out with the front wheel lifting off the ground... damn I miss riding...and I miss my 'vette )
    Last edited by nikki-k; 2 Aug 2007, 11:46 PM.
    nikki
    T6 complete since Oct, 2001
    TiLite ZRa, Spinergy LX 24", Shox Firm tires, 3" volcanic glare rollerblade wheels for casters

Comment

I think I would rather have an APS TT Z06 than the stingray, but you can't beat FI on a factory warranty. Take a look at this Canadian supercar for 2007. It's called the HTT Locus Plethore and it is available in 750 or 1300 hp trim for around $313k. Too much money for what it is, but still its nice to see a new supercar right?

http://www.worldcarfans.com/8070713....ethore-preview

Comment

Originally posted by jbinny
        sweet mercy... what, 150 shot?
        i think its a 75 shot...but its on top of a heads/cam swap....he is putting almost 700hp to the ground naturally aspirated....

btw girls and boys....0-60 time doesnt mean shyte if you cant get out of the hole...that bad boy (z06) comes stock with 345s out back....
        C5-6 - 22 years

Comment

i guess he won't be needing to refill those very often.

anyone hear about the corvette ss in the works, or is that stingray the same thing?
          "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Comment

anyone hear about the corvette ss in the works, or is that stingray the same thing?
            supossedly its a 'cobra killer' SC 427....
            C5-6 - 22 years

Comment

Yep- SS, Blue Devil, Stingray.

A friend of mine was trying to decide between a 2008 Z06 or the SS/BD/Stingray. He was told the Stingray had a 2 year backlog already, and would require the full amount up front to even hold that place in line.

I always preferred 0-70 for my bike; that is right about where 1st gear would begin it's drop. 5th would top out around 195, depending on how much I had been eating The 'vette had about 20mph more top end, but no way could it catch the bike off the line or in a turn. Always dreamed of hitting "The Ring" with both, or at least hitting the Isle during race week. Had friends close to both, had the invites... ah well
              nikki
              TiLite ZRa, Spinergy LX 24", Shox Firm tires, 3" volcanic glare rollerblade wheels for casters

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Pruett
                hmm... how about the Audi S5.
                Hmmm...I'll take the Audi R8 over the S5! If I can afford one...

May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Comment

Originally posted by nikki-k
                  Yep- SS, Blue Devil, Stingray.

A friend of mine was trying to decide between a 2008 Z06 or the SS/BD/Stingray. He was told the Stingray had a 2 year backlog already, and would require the full amount up front to even hold that place in line.

I always preferred 0-70 for my bike; that is right about where 1st gear would begin it's drop. 5th would top out around 195, depending on how much I had been eating The 'vette had about 20mph more top end, but no way could it catch the bike off the line or in a turn. Always dreamed of hitting "The Ring" with both, or at least hitting the Isle during race week. Had friends close to both, had the invites... ah well
                  the stingray, if Im not mistaken is going to be a SC LS3 car...basically a blown 383...

the one I am speaking of is rumored to be a sc 7.0...yes thats right a blown 427....and for you haters...it will get 17+ MPG...even under extra PSI...(boost for you turbo folks)

the last that I heard it was either going to be released way after the camaro or was going to be the SS version of the camaro...but rest assured it will be a vette...
                  C5-6 - 22 years

Comment

Hmmm... I really want to know now! I have been given a few stories, and the one of the 'vette in 2009 being ~700HP and being run thru paces now was the most solid. But, who knows! I did hear talk of the 427 in the same conversation, but sometimes I am too aloof

If I were offered any car, adapted, and I mean ANY car, or a Corvette of my choosing, I would take the adapted 'vette. Yeah, I am a total "vette fan girl"!!!
                    nikki

Comment

07 dodge charger rt, w/ 340 hp baby
                      cant get the chair in the back seat, due to electric seats, cant lay back fast like i could in the monte carlo,

lvl with the chair tho, thats nice, i put the chair in the front seat now, works great

butey of a car

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14631835@N06/1648524703/

check it out
                      JEFFREYSWENSON.COM - MYBLOG

Comment

Mmm cars! A chair fits in the C4 gen Corvette. If you want to do some fun driving, get out and goto a track event. Me at Road America:

Andrew

Comment

Chevy Colorado Truck. ZQ8 Suspension, Xtreme model. Easy transfer, rear opening door to stowe a folding chair, no need to even break down the chair, fold with wheels on, very simple. Problem is they are no longer making this model for 2008 so it would have to be a used one.
                          "Life is about how you
                          respond to not only the
                          challenges you're dealt but
                          the challenges you seek...If
                          you have no goals, no
                          mountains to climb, your
                          soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

well now that my camaro is gone. i think im going to go the safer route and get a luxury car. ive been looking into a 3 series bmw. id love an M3, but i dont know how a stick works with hand gears. im sure they dont. perhaps a 3 series with a body kit.

if i were to go back to a muscle car--mustang roush. i love mustang kits. they look mean!

Last edited by Imight; 20 Nov 2007, 8:42 PM.

Comment

Or you can go a little more wild as with my other Vehicle and get an Eclipse GT. Loads of fun, but no piece of cake (like a lot of the vehicles posted in this thread) to get in and out of. I try to make as few stops as possible with this car as the chair needs to be broken down and placed on the passenger seat, tough to pull my legs in as there is a high door lower sill to get my feet over and I have to reach over into the backseat where I place the wheels once I pull them off the chair. Once in though its very comfortable and its hands down the best value in a sports car.
                              Last edited by Curt Leatherbee; 20 Nov 2007, 9:54 PM.
                              "Life is about how you
                              respond to not only the
                              challenges you're dealt but
                              the challenges you seek...If
                              you have no goals, no
                              mountains to climb, your
                              soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee
                                Or you can go a little more wild as with my other Vehicle and get an Eclipse GT. Loads of fun, but no piece of cake (like a lot of the vehicles posted in this thread) to get in and out of. I try to make as few stops as possible with this car as the chair needs to be broken down and placed on the passenger seat, tough to pull my legs in as there is a high door lower sill to get my feet over and I have to reach over into the backseat where I place the wheels once I pull them off the chair. Once in though its very comfortable and its hands down the best value in a sports car.
                                Curt, put a cat back system and an intake on that thing please.

Comment

Working...
                                X