Colours Razorbalade Pics ADDED SHOX PIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuente,

I agree for the D's Locks, had them for a few years and you know the rest, I never tried your Shox version but I would guess that mine (Mako HR) are harder.

nikki,

I guess you have fuente version of the Shox (90'ish psi) so it's hard for me to comment (told you to get the Mako HR ... ) but for sure you would not be able roll my tires off the rim, impossible. As I said, I used to roll on Continental saalsport indoor tires inflated at 120 psi and I don't really see a difference with the Mako's, but I could see a real difference between a 110 psi Primo and the Conti's (maybe I'm crazy, but no). In fact, yes they are so hard that, as with hard inflated tires, it can be more difficult to go up on a sidewalk and so on and yes usually the harder (for the same material though) the more it will slide. But it's for an everyday chair, not a racing chair. There will always be a trade off between speed, maintenance, weight, adherence, going over things, stability and so on, but you already know that, don't you . Good luck and keep us updated, are your Shox's on Spinergy rims?
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Comment

fuente, whats your cog set at?
      "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Comment

Originally posted by jbinny
        I understand that we need to share info on set up's and so on but to me, COG info is not that relevant since it means different things to different chair models, your height, the height of your backrest and it's angle, how far in the back you sit, style of pushing, how high are your knees and so on, not to talk about what is your preference for the feel of the chair and the trade-off's that are coming with it.

Sorry for my interruption . I'm out!

Oh, and he said 4" on post #10
        Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Comment

I think COG is measured differently on colours and tilite chairs. Not sure, but from looking at the order form of the razorblade, its cog is measured from the back of the back post to the center of the axle tube, whereas tilite is measure from front of back post to center of axle.

Edit: didnt see JGNI already answered your question
          Last edited by Hype62; 29 Jul 2007, 10:00 PM.
          May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Comment

I often wonder why cog is referred to as a given distance measurement on a wheelchair. It isn't the true cog anyway. That might work on IDENTICAL chairs for a relative comparison for ONE user but it actually has no meaning in the truest sense of the term.
            It is actually the balance point of an object in a manner of speaking. A point at which(on rigid objects) the weight on opposite sides are equal. So for two different wc riders who are built differently, that is, have different weight distributions, it really is of no use to know what anothers setup is.
            If you sat in anothers chair, it would not be the same cog. Not to mention it would feel different to you also(which the term is used to convey the idea of 'tippiness' if you will)

Probably won't affect the price of a duck-billed platypus manicure tomorrow, but it is just one of those things that I had to bring up. I wish the mfg's would use a better fitting term.

https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

Comment

i was just curious about his chair's axle/camber tube position, shoulda specified. looks nice and light on the front end
              "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Comment

COG should be changed to RAP (Rear Axle Position). What one truly wants to attain is a balanced Center of Mass. Since that involves axle position, front & rear STF heights, frame type, and the characteristics of the actual user of the wheelchair, center of mass is very difficult to calculate.

A comparison of Fuente's 17x16 Razorblade with the 17x16 TiLite ZRc I have on order may demonstrate the difference. So that I can get up from it without armrests, my ZRc will have a 20.5 front STF and a 16" rear STF height. Only 1/2" less dump than feunte's razorblade, but at least 2" difference in STF heights. My rear axle will be pre-set at 3" while fuente's was spec'd at 4". Personal preference? Not really. I'm guessing the stability will be similar. Having a rear axle set 4" forward at my higher STF height would almost certainly make my ZRc wicked tippy.
                Last edited by SCI_OTR; 29 Jul 2007, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CapnGimp
                  ...Probably won't affect the price of a duck-billed platypus manicure tomorrow...
                  Please clarify. Is that price for the duck-billed platypus to give you a manicure, or are there some "transplant" platypus's from Australia wandering downtown Mooresburg looking for one? Aren't some of their claws venomous?

Comment

its 4 jb. its light. im tweaking it here and there. when u start transfering get d's locks. they will save u from hitting the pavement. i cant believe how stupid and stubborn i have been running scissors all this time. i cant tell u how many times they have slipped on the tire.

i was just curious about his chair's axle/camber tube position, shoulda specified. looks nice and light on the front end
                    Bike-on.com rep
                    John@bike-on.com
                    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                    sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

D's are pretty expensive aren't they, fuente?

ya better not scratch that thing all up gettin in an out of your car, haha.

Comment

yes they are pricey but u cant put a pricetag on reassurance and peace of mind. worth every penny

Originally posted by rollin64
                        D's are pretty expensive aren't they, fuente?

ya better not scratch that thing all up gettin in an out of your car, haha.
                        Bike-on.com rep
                        John@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps
                          but u cant put a pricetag on reassurance and peace of mind.
                          Yes you can....$10.95

How much they weighs? Easy to install?

Comment

colours did mine but they dont looik difficult. i dont know what they way. not much.

yes shaun the shox feel like a air tire

Originally posted by Shaun
                            Yes you can....$10.95

How much they weighs? Easy to install?
                            Bike-on.com rep
                            John@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps
                              yes shaun the shox feel like a air tire
                              Good, My new wheels where shipped with them today from Pushblack.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR
                                Please clarify. Is that price for the duck-billed platypus to give you a manicure, or are there some "transplant" platypus's from Australia wandering downtown Mooresburg looking for one? Aren't some of their claws venomous?
                                Both, there are some tranplanted platypii here who have a manicure shack, they get a lot of business from the bovine crowd

Post those final pics when ya get all the parts on it, with you init of course.

https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

Comment

Working...
                                X