Colours Razorbalade Pics ADDED SHOX PIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuentejps

sci otr your post was spot on, i think u fall into the 1 percent of competant pt/ot's.
    ABSOLUTELY, only competent one I have ran across.

https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

Comment

Nice chair fuentes. Camber looks less than 4? But maybe it's just the pic/angle.

611, I have about 5 in dump too, and it feels fine.

JGNI & SCI OTR, are you saying that regular brakes can not be put on Top end frames, or just those greater than 16 wide?

Comment

its 4 chick. its stamped.
        Bike-on.com rep
        John@bike-on.com
        c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
        sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

no abs but good balance. most active quads run 4-5 in dump.

to me a chair is like my clothes. i wouldnt go to the office in beat up dress shoes or slacks/dress shirt. the same goes for my chair.

Originally posted by 611
          John,you must not have any abs. That is too much dump! Why do you have to replace your chair every couple of years?
          Bike-on.com rep
          John@bike-on.com

Comment

Weight Of Spazz G

My spazzG with regular issue rims, 23-540 Yellow Kenda tires and tubes weighs 22 lbs even. The Stimulite Contour cushion weighs 3.4 lbs..
            Just had my BIL weigh it on scales with him holding it. I'd rather have 3 of these than one Ti at 3x the cost of this, lol. Remember, mine only cost $1060.00 shipped to my door.
            Take THAT Ti

Comment

Oh yeah, Ti's site lists the weights of their chairs....MINUS the things ya need to use them, lol!

QUOTE---->>>* Weights based on 16” x 16” wheelchairs (12” x 12” for youth chairs) with all standard features except rear wheels. Rear wheels are not included due to the varying weights of the numerous
              wheel configurations offered by TiLite. For reference, a pair of standard 24” rear wheels weighs 7.8 lbs. For youth chairs, a pair of standard 22” rear wheels weighs 7.4 lbs. A pair of
              standard wheel locks weighs 0.9 lbs
              . Please consult the applicable TiLite Order Form for our full range of options

MY CHAIR WEIGHT includes wheels and wheel locks. I tried a chair without rear wheels once and it just didn't go fast enough for me. Not to mention I felt strange sitting on the ground looking almost straight up >snicker<

Comment

Originally posted by CapnGimp
                ...Just had my BIL weigh it on scales with him holding it...
                Bovine In Living Room?

But I have to admit, it's hard to beat the value factor there Cap'n.

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps
                  no abs but good balance. most active quads run 4-5 in dump.

to me a chair is like my clothes. i wouldnt go to the office in beat up dress shoes or slacks/dress shirt. the same goes for my chair.
                  Does your insurance cover a new on that often, or do you have to pay out of pocket every other chair or so?

(ps nice chair)
                  T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Originally posted by sjean423
                    Does your insurance cover a new on that often, or do you have to pay out of pocket every other chair or so?

(ps nice chair)
                    yes. they cover about every 2 years. used to be every year.
                    Bike-on.com rep
                    John@bike-on.com

Comment

HERE IT IS W/ BLACK SHOX MOUNTED

Bike-on.com rep
                      John@bike-on.com

Comment

Very nice, I have black ones too (and red and blue ). How do you like them (weight, rolling resistance)?
                        Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Comment

Yeah- looks very nice. How do you like them? Which ones are they?

I just got Shox put on mine, and cannot stand them so far. But, with all the mistakes my new DME place has made this week alone, I wouldn't be suprised if I did not get the right ones. Any idea how I find out which I have?
                          nikki
                          T6 complete since Oct, 2001
                          TiLite ZRa, Spinergy LX 24", Shox Firm tires, 3" volcanic glare rollerblade wheels for casters

Comment

Originally posted by nikki-k
                            I just got Shox put on mine, and cannot stand them so far.
                            What is wrong with them?
                            Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Comment

Originally posted by nikki-k
                              Yeah- looks very nice. How do you like them? Which ones are they?

I just got Shox put on mine, and cannot stand them so far. But, with all the mistakes my new DME place has made this week alone, I wouldn't be suprised if I did not get the right ones. Any idea how I find out which I have?
                              IM RUNNING THE 90PSI. i love them.

jgni, these d's rock.
                              Bike-on.com rep
                              John@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by JGNI
                                What is wrong with them?
                                They feel more like 80psi than 110 psi to me. If I pull up quick to a small ledge I want to pop up, it almost feels like they are going to compress clean to the rim due to the softness of them. And when I run a straight line, there is a "waver" to them. Trying to think of a way to explain the feeling...maybe like this: you are on a sled going down a hill that is icy. There are some smaller grooves, and it feels like the sled keeps trying to align itself into one groove, then another, then another, etc. It is as if they are pulling one way, then another. Not that drastic; very, very subtle. Maybe I got some of the softer ones, and/or a bad batch?

Plus, if I get a really good roll goin and grab hard, I can slide them pretty easily on sidewalks and most pavement so far. With the Kenda Koncepts, sittin at ~100-105psi, even a little wet, they weren't goin anywhere unless I wanted them to, and even then it took a bit to slide 'em. I am always afraid I will roll a tire off the rim when taking turns REALLY fast and braking hard goin into them (except with the solid core pneumatics I had; they werent coming off the rim, but slidiing on the hottest day was still going to happen).

Maybe they need a bit of break-in on top of them possibly being "bad batch"? I figured that if these are softer though, they shouldn't slide that easily...or is that the nature of the beast? Maybe I got my hopes too high? Or I am more destructive a user than I thought?

Trying to decide if I want to give the Kik's a run still or not...they are on the way though I believe...I feel like such a finicky bitch
                                nikki
                                T6 complete since Oct, 2001
                                TiLite ZRa, Spinergy LX 24", Shox Firm tires, 3" volcanic glare rollerblade wheels for casters

Comment

Working...
                                X