Colours Razorbalade Pics ADDED SHOX PIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pumpingiron
    Hi john thats a sweet chair i have a A4 Titanium chair and they say it only weighs 13.5 pounds. Not sure if thats the real weight but it is super light. How much did you chair cost if you don't mind me asking?
    it was like 3800 retail. probably 2500 through sportaid or someone. my ins covered at 100 percent. i paid cawsh for the d's and shox
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Nice chair!!I was talking to Arron the kid that did the first wheelchair back flip at the Long beach wheelchair expo,and thats the chair he rolls.I feel colours is the best company out there and they sponser alot of motorsports !Unlike the over priced tlite chairs and the sales people are very rude.
      "Independent from the rest of the sheep"

Comment

I was looking at the chair on the Colours web site. Is the chair welded to the axle, or are those brackets held on by bolts? I have problems with my current chair sliding on the axle because it's held by bolts and not welded. :-(

Comment

the entire cam tube is welded to thge brackets then bolted to the frame. impossible to get movement
          Bike-on.com rep
          John@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by NEWPARA
            Nice chair!!I was talking to Arron the kid that did the first wheelchair back flip at the Long beach wheelchair expo,and thats the chair he rolls.I feel colours is the best company out there and they sponser alot of motorsports !Unlike the over priced tlite chairs and the sales people are very rude.
            colours is a great company, great ppl. best imo
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by NEWPARA
              I dont think Tilite chairs are over priced at all. I believe titanium is a more expensive matarial than aluminum(?), and is also more troublesome to weld. Tilite might place their retail price higher, but who pays retail when you can buy from a place like sportaid for half the retail price? Talking about over priced, Lasher sport is it; their very basic magnesium chair cost 5 grand, and you gotta pay out of your own pocket too!

By the way I was at the Long Beach expo too. Did you get a chance to try out the Lasher chairs? The magnesium chair is the lighest chair I ever pushed, lighter than tilite and colours chair that I tried there. I will definitely buy one of their chairs in the future.
              Last edited by Hype62; 27 Jul 2007, 4:26 PM.
              May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Comment

Originally posted by Hype62
                I dont think Tilite chairs are over priced at all. I believe titanium is a more expensive matarial than aluminum(?), and is also more troublesome to weld. Tilite might place their retail price higher, but who pays retail when you can buy from a place like sportaid for half the retail price? Talking about over priced, Lasher sport is it; their very basic magnesium chair cost 5 grand, and you gotta pay out of your own pocket too!
                But Mg is more expensive than Ti, and even harder to weld. So why would it be considered over price, yet Tilite chairs not?

Also, I think Lasher chairs aren't based with crappy spoke rims, like Tilite and all chairs do. So if you spec out a Ti equally to the lasher, It's not that bad.

Comment

The Lasher BT-mg model which does not include brakes, side guards and any other accessories cost $4995, although it does include a set of spinergy LX wheels and froglegs as a standard. The retail price of a basic Tilite ZR is $2895 + set of LX wheels($569pr from sportaid) + froglegs(around $240) is around $3700. Thats around $1300 difference, and you can't call that overpriced? Plus it will be 1 grand cheaper to order the Tilite chair through sportaid and also cheaper to order LX wheels from pushblack.com($398pr when I bought it). With Lasher sports, you can only buy from them directly and out of your own pocket. The price difference between a equally spec'ed Tilite ZR and Colours Razorblade is only minimal compared to Tilite vs. Lasher chairs. I would'nt call Tilite chairs overpriced.

Maybe everyone have a different definition of what overpriced is. For me, overpriced means excessively more.
                  Last edited by Hype62; 27 Jul 2007, 5:51 PM.
                  May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Comment

Ah.... see there you go... Compare retail prices, not the volume discount price that Sportaid charges. Sure Sportaid charges close to what the chair should be, you can't compare the 2 chairs based like that. But if you take the Tilite pricing, it's more like $4300. Then factor in the Magnesium and fabrication, and the costs are on par. If Lasher were sold out of Sportaid, the price would be definately much lower.

It's not that I even care, but it was funny to see you justify the cost of the Ti, and then dis the Mg lasher chairs, when they're pricier than a Ti for the same reason Ti's pricier than Al. That's all

Comment

Sorry. I'm not dissing Lasher chairs, I love them and would wish to have one. Maybe I shouldnt have compared alu to ti and ti to mag. But, my main point is to say that Tilite chairs are not over priced. Tilite prices are similar to colours.
                      May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Comment

both colours and tilite are great chairs. loyalty goes along way thou. i know this first hand. seems your either a colours guy or a tilite guy. im a colours guy, have been for over 10 years. its all good.

OK, BACK ON TRAck. i loveeeeee this razorblade if it had a orifice i would hump it
                        Bike-on.com rep
                        John@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by JGNI
                          Sorry pumpin, but you can be sure that with everything on it is much more than that. What you refer to is probably a small size chair without wheels and accessories.
                          Yeah its with out all the stuff on it Weight of chair13.5 pounds (15x16 inch chair without accessories)
                          "The best activities for your health are pumping and humping."
                          Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps
                            it was like 3800 retail. probably 2500 through sportaid or someone. my ins covered at 100 percent. i paid cawsh for the d's and shox
                            yeah i got my insurance company to pay for all of my chairs also and i think i might sucker them into getting me one like your also. Its a nice looking chair.
                            "The best activities for your health are pumping and humping."
                            Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps
                              OK, BACK ON TRAck. i loveeeeee this razorblade if it had a orifice i would hump it
                              OK,so what your saying is,is that you would screw your chair but on a chick in a chair!?!?...Oh right,back on track!

Are the D's locks easy to engage and disengage with one quad finger?

Comment

I'm not really a die hard fan of any make or brand, I just go for chairs that looks sleek, light, minimal, and has a good appearance. After seeing Fuente's new ride that made me drool, I may consider the razorblade as my next next ride and then a Lasher after that? See I got it all planned out.
                                May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Comment

Working...
                                X