Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• casters...rollerblade wheels?

Hi!
    TiLite ZRA on order with the STD 3" x .75" micro's. I really want to have a nice set of purple ones to replace them with (to go with the Kik Mako HR purples!!!).

Good places to find a set? I have noticed almost every skate place I check out has mm sizes instead of inches. 76mm seems to be slightly under 3"...so what have those who have opted for "skate shop 'blade wheels" gone with?

I am guesing the TiLite forks are set for 608 (5/16") axle size blade wheels? What ABEC rating do you guys go with? (I am guessing ABEC 7 is more than enough?) What about wheel width?

I want to be able to change tire/caster colors when I want, and will even be buying a set of 4" (and also slightly wider) casters for times I know I will be in the grass, across harder dirt, etc. How are you dealing with the width differences? Spacers? If spacers, good place to find them? (I ordered my chair knowing ahead of time that I would want to use the lower fork position for 3", and the one above for 4", and thus will not have to worry about STF changing when I swap casters of different size )
    nikki
    T6 complete since Oct, 2001
    TiLite ZRa, Spinergy LX 24", Shox Firm tires, 3" volcanic glare rollerblade wheels for casters

76 mm is 3".
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Comment

http://www.labeda.com/enduro.html

Ask the company where you can buy them (76 and 80 mm).
      Last edited by JGNI; 07-20-2007, 06:59 PM.

Comment

for the 4"

http://secure.srginc.biz/product.php?code=6612P

Comment

100mm is usually 4 inches...you may find purple if you look under scooter wheels.
          "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thx!
            I am still deciding on the 4" ones. Real toss-up between soft roll or firm.

For the 3", I want to find purple, and might try a few other colors, or maybe the light-up ones- lol!!! Just unsure fo what will work on a wheelchair...

Those Labeda look perfect! I will have to contact them to find out were I can get them...
            nikki
            TiLite ZRa, Spinergy LX 24", Shox Firm tires, 3" volcanic glare rollerblade wheels for casters

Comment

My other half bought me a pair of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-4-ABEC-5-L...QQcmdZViewItem
              for my chair and they were so cheap if they didn't fit I was gonna give them to the guy next door cos I know he's got kids and they could have them for their scooters but they actually fit really well, I've got a Top End with 4" castors.

I recently went to a mobilty show and they were selling them ofr £80 a pair...what a rip off, my girlfriend paid under £8 for mine...

I'm sure if you e-mailed one of the sellers they'd be happy to send a pair out to you or even try bike/skate shops etc.

Hope this helps!!

Chris

Comment

Ti Lite Castors are really hard to change if you have poor eye hand coordination or impaired finger function, they use two small shims per side at least on the 4" soft rolls anyway

Comment

all this talk of castors. i have never changed a set. i get rid of the chair before castors wear out. they seem to last. at least the micro ones on my colours
                  Bike-on.com rep
                  John@bike-on.com
                  c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                  sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Not everybody has the caddilac insurance program you seem to have either.

Comment

Originally posted by canuck
                      Not everybody has the caddilac insurance program you seem to have either.
                      Excuse my cynicism, but for casters, who cares about insurance? Order a $20-30-40 pair from Sportaid, they'll arrive in a few days, & you can use them daily for years. How much do you spend on gas or food every month?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Pruett
                        Excuse my cynicism, but for casters, who cares about insurance? Order a $20-30-40 pair from Sportaid, they'll arrive in a few days, & you can use them daily for years. How much do you spend on gas or food every month?
                        It seems to me you don't read properly, he was referring to fuente changing his chairs often, hence the cadillac insurance.

Comment

ah, that must be it.

so perhaps there was a little misinterpretation in a thread about casters.

whatever.

Comment

Hi!
                            LOL...yeah, I was curious about those who have chosen to change the front casters, and those that use 3" rollerblade casters (mainly). I am guesing the TiLite ones are 5/16" (608) axle type, which would be the common rollerblade axle size (one of two at least). Thus, I should be able to sub in a set of 76mm rollerblade wheels, because I want colors I choose. Purple is very hard to find.

Also, I see .75" wide, and 1" wide. I guessed there were spacers with any casters of those sizes, and just wondered if anyone who had gone from the 3" x .75" to 3" x 1" knew what to do about the spacers. I guess I will call TiLite and find out (last time they were a pain to extract info from...). So, spacers is part of this equation.

In my experiences, (not just with wheelchairs) caling a company and speaking to a customer service rep does not always equal accurate info. Speaking to them, as well as those who use and modify the item/thing/etc. provides more info, and verifies or denies what that rep might say. And there always seems to be some stupid question I have that no "available rep" can answer fully...if at all...
                            nikki

Comment

Careful with those hard micro casters, if your pushing fast your can get thrown off your chair pretty easily if one of your caster gets cought in the smallest of rocks. Its easier for softroll tires to roll over small rocks.
                              May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Comment

Working...
                              X