varilite cushion....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

varilite cushion....

anybody have one or tried one? they look comfy.

http://www.varilite.com/products_category.aspx?catID=1

Cushion

I've been sitting on Varilite Evolution cushions for six years. No complaints, no pressure sores. Be sure to get your butt pressure mapped, prior to and after getting your new cushion.

You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

Comment

I have both a Zoid and an Evolution. I love my Zoid, but I love the Evolution even more. It is the most comfortable cushion I've had (I have full-sensation) in my 23 years of pushing. It requires no maintainance, except to leave the valve open over night on occasion. Varilite recently changed the valve; it's much more durable. I sit on the cusion fully inflated most of the time. But sometimes towards the end of the day I'll let some of the air out and sink down into it. It's just so darn comfy....
      Disclaimer: I use voice dictation software, due to chronic tendinitis. Any gibberish-type errors in this post are due to the software's stupidity, not my own. Protect your arms and hands from overuse, people!

Comment

Definately get pressure mapped first!!! I had the varilite evolution when I got my new chair 2 years ago and was pressure mapped b/c of a pressure sore that was not healing well. It failed horribly for me .... reds and yellows, and the only way I could get good pressure relief was to lift up, something I was still having trouble with at the time. (I ended up with a roho, I like the fact that my usual squirms and wiggles do a good job at pressure relief.). The cushion wasn't the cause of the sore, I came home from rehab with it, but it was slowing the healing.

I use it now as a spare, and just make a point extra pressure lifts. But others have done quite well with it. Like I said, let the pressure map make the devision for you.

(As far as comfy, I can;t tell but my daughter says it is ......)
        T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

thanks you-all. pressure mapping's an 8 hr. drive for me so i'm sure it won't happen. just haven't heard much about matrx cushions on here.

Comment

I had a matrix cushion...came with my chair with the matrix back. I did not like it at all. It is a foam cushion, that molds to you, and in the colder months...it freezes. I was usually wet in the summer due to sweat, so I decided to not use it again. I got myself a Stimulite contour...and I am much happier for it.
            "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by rollin64
              thanks you-all. pressure mapping's an 8 hr. drive for me so i'm sure it won't happen. just haven't heard much about matrx cushions on here.
              If you can't get pressure mapped, I wouldn't take a chance on the varilite evolution then. The therapists where I did my outpatient were a little surprised I had one, as they have had a few others with issues as welll.
              T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Originally posted by sjean423
                If you can't get pressure mapped, I wouldn't take a chance on the varilite evolution then. The therapists where I did my outpatient were a little surprised I had one, as they have had a few others with issues as welll.
                thnx......

Comment

somebody that has a varilite evolution!!!!!!!

how thick is it? i think i'm gonna try one.

thanks........

Comment

n/m...i'm goin with the stimulite classic xs.

Comment

was delivered an Evolution yesterday, like it already. It's definitely "very light" which is the main reason I bought it (combined with a magnesium chair for easy car transfers into my 2-door this summer).

Anyway, mine has the regular adjustment valve. I'm wondering what you guys and gals think about letting it fully inflate every night and setting the pressure slightly different every morning? In my mind varying the firmness day-to-day would never result in the same pressure on my backside, would this be a good idea as long as I don't run it too hard or bottom it out?

I still have excellent skin, this is my fourth (!!) cushion so far and I never have any red spots/areas. I original replaced the Matrix on my ZRa with a Ride Forward because I'd heard some negative things about the Matrix, and Jeff Adams of Icon recommended the Ride. I spec'd my Lasher thinner than my ZRa and had heard alot of good things about Stimulite (love the honeycomb for heat reduction), so that's what I was using prior to this Evolution. I like having a back-up cushion for wash days and/or the rare accident.
                      After listening to the old bucks that never used anything besides foam for years I'm convinced I could sit on anything, especially since playing quad rugby where alot of them don't even use a cushion (I cut the flaps off an old Ti-Lite backpad I had for mine tho)

Any thoughts from Varilite users?

Comment

Meridian Wave since i started getting pressure mapped. It is a good cushion but the valves on the inflated portion have problems.

Comment

Working...
                        X