it's amazing the difference an inch or so makes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaycue -

I'm plenty stable when leaning back, assuming you're talking about being able to arch my back over the Jetstream. The Jetstream back is lower than my shoulders, but I certainly don't feel like I could go over the top when sitting on the cushion.

As for chair stability, it's fine. I don't have any problem reaching behind me to pull a door closed by the handle, for example.

Regarding the space between the back and the cushion - nah, it's not a problem for me, nor uncomfortable. It's really not that much; you can't see in the pic, but my waistband is above the gap & leans on the lower part of the Jetstream... and I'm not the kind of person who wears pants higher than they need to be.

HTH,
    scott

Comment

it is amazing how much effort must be put into calculating the perfect fit for each individual W/C user. my first GT (which i somehow have nearly destroyed in less than 8 months) was fitted for me in the hospital in less than 20 minutes.... and of course wrong. i just spent 6 hours at Woodrow Wilson Rehab Center (where Greybeard is sighted kicking ass in the PT room) with a therapist who solely evals chairs, and another hour with a seating eval. and in the end, i still am not 100% certain i am going with the right set-up. It seems like this will be a lifetime quest.

and am i the only one who noticed Scott's Keens? the best shoes ever. pre sci and post.
      Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened

Comment

I'm less than 45min from WWRC if you're of similar build (I'm 180#, 5'11") & want to play w/ my setup @ all. Which therapist were you working with?

Yes, Keens are great. I've plugged them a few times around here.

Comment

scott, you have 10" canes with a 10" back set near the top, and the edge is below your shoulders? my god im short. i have a 14" tilite adj. back, and its below my shoulders, just...

sorry, a side bar

Comment

The top of the back is 15" from the seat upholstery (not taking into account a little sag). I have a 2" cushion on top of that, so it's effectively 13" from where I sit. My shoulders are farther away from my butt than that...

Comment

Working...
            X