Quads pushing manual chairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCI_OTR

I'm also happy to hear that Shaun is on pace to be a T8 by the end of the week.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Are you really, Shaun? I tell ya, I've missed some fishing holes and some rock concerts b/c of this darned chair, and I've had enough of it. I will NOT miss my bluegrass festival because of it again!

Of course, I may miss it b/c pretty much every member of my birth family is having chemo. If I could fix that with a power chair, I'd buy 3!
      Blog:
      Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Originally posted by betheny
        Are you really, Shaun? I tell ya, I've missed some fishing holes and some rock concerts b/c of this darned chair, and I've had enough of it. I will NOT miss my bluegrass festival because of it again!

Of course, I may miss it b/c pretty much every member of my birth family is having chemo. If I could fix that with a power chair, I'd buy 3!
        My mom and sister are named Joan. We call my sister Joanie. We call my mom, Mom.

Sorry about all that chemo. Keep an eye out for the "C" word yourself. I think I have macular degeneration to look forward. It runs in my family. The anguish of aging... and the joy of being named Joanie.

Bob.
        "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun
          Im getting a power chair.Yep thats right Joanie,i said it!
          your dead to me shauna.

so what exactly am i . functioning at 5-6 or what. talk to me goose.

after thinking about it. being tied to that coffin for 6 years, coming out will be tough. first thing i would do is shoot the pt that put u in it curby
          Bike-on.com rep
          John@bike-on.com
          c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
          sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Originally posted by christopher
            I rarely watch French TV but I've heard about that show. Shaun, you'd be a functional c6. I'm classified as c6 but I'm a functional c7. Just like adi!
            wheres your recliner , diapers and narcotics
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps
              your dead to me shauna.
              And im gonna name it fuente and beat the crap out of it..maybe even crap on it!

Comment

Fuente... You're probably C5/6 due to how your muscles are consistantly firing.
                My freind is like this, but even more inc . Bastard can waddle a few feet and pee on command.

Shaun today, I think you're more of an L7. Maybe a ZZ-709.

No whats funny... Shaun pushes everywhere right?? He also lives in the flatest province... A 20ft high hill is Ginormous!

Comment

And im gonna name it fuente and beat the crap out of it..maybe even crap on it!
                  ahhh, i love u my lil bitch
                  Bike-on.com rep
                  John@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by Patonb
                    No whats funny... Shaun pushes everywhere right?? He also lives in the flatest province... A 20ft high hill is Ginormous!
                    Its funny cause its true! I live 12kms east of city and when pull out on to the highway and head to town i can see my destination! You can see downtown regina 20kms away from all directions..

Comment

i am c6c7 have both i use manual everwhere but rodeos and horseshow no way could i get around in the pastures and ground in a manual. but when i got out to shopping centers i use my manual. i am not fuentes teasing
                      just a 57 yr old woman that hates this f%$@ chair. i want my life back

Comment

Originally posted by betheny
                        Are you really, Shaun?!
                        Yep,they just dropped it off for me to try out.

I feel naughty!

Comment

I hope it turns out that it's some 4-wheeling mofo w/ optional snow tires. If so, let me know. I'm in the market but don't know how to start looking!
                          Blog:
                          Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Me too Shaun

One of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJcGw31gPu0

Because I want to go here (and places like it):

http://kingmagic.files.wordpress.com...ater-2891a.jpg

I don't intend to use it as my every day chair - wouldn't be practical anyway, the offices I visit.

I'm thinking as it as a jeep for my feet. If I wanted to go off-roading I wouldn't do it in a two wheel drive saloon. Same principle.

.......and I wanna pull that 360 he does at 2:03. With a girl on my lap. Drunk
                            C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

Im a solid C6..partly C7!?!
                              i think functional c6 based on your description, the little tricep flicker prbly doesn't matter.

so what exactly am i . functioning at 5-6 or what. talk to me goose.
                              w/ strong wrist extensors like Shaun's, you'd be functional c6, if there's weakness you'd be c5/6. of course, any additional movement like trunk or hip muscles will help immensely for transfers & balance, and even just for pushing the chair.
                              "If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."
                              ...Mark Twain

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
                              ...Winston Churchill

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
                              ...George Bernard Shaw

Comment

wheres your recliner , diapers and narcotics
                                I got the narcotics down... actually weed is a natural herb. I have diapers in my closet just in case and I even have a recliner. It's the hardest thing I have to transfer in and out of.

Man, going from my house to the two hospitals I always realize how un-flat Mount Royal is. Why do the build the two most English hospitals halfway up a frikkin mountain? It's a French conspiracy, I'm telling you!
                                www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

Working...
                                X