No announcement yet.

Please Help : Skin BOND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use uro-bond adhesive for the top inch of my penis then use a Rochester wideband condom cath. The widebands don't have good glue coverage near the tip so the extra glue helps. It works best when it dries for about a minute before putting on the condom. Usually needs adhesive remover wipes (Hollister 7760 works well) to safely remove. A coat from a Mentor Skin Shield wipe before applying glue also helps. The glue in the bottle tends to get thick and not spread nice about 2/3 to 3/4 through the bottle so I only use the 1.5 oz ones.

http://www.urocare.com/products/Uro-...iveThinner.php

Comment

Originally posted by DRS View Post
      I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING LISTED,and spent a lot of money at EXPRESSMED, but it isn't going well, my wife is pulling her hair out and I'm thinking of it too. A funny thing happened. Now even the SN SKINBOND (white - have 2 cans), isn't sticking to my skin (when I take the condom off in the am there isn't and glue left on the skin to use the glue remover on!).

I think I'm getting depressed about the whole affair, and am thinking of using Weldwood Contact Cement (for formica, plywood laminents, etc). There has to be an answer to this somewhere! Anyone tried SUPERGLUE or 2 PART EPOXY?

Dave
      alot depends on the food you eat also, makes the skin more slippery
      keep a eye on which foods you eat and how good it sticks
      We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
      Ronald Reagan

Comment

Your old Skin Bond may be too old.

I've settled on the Osto-Bond now that I've got it working properly. Before the current can goes empty, I open a new can and leave it open overnight. That seems to evaporate whatever filler they use. After that, stir the can before use. After applying let it set some more for one-two minutes. Then roll the condom over the glue.

Originally posted by DRS View Post
        I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING LISTED,and spent a lot of money at EXPRESSMED, but it isn't going well, my wife is pulling her hair out and I'm thinking of it too. A funny thing happened. Now even the SN SKINBOND (white - have 2 cans), isn't sticking to my skin (when I take the condom off in the am there isn't and glue left on the skin to use the glue remover on!).

I think I'm getting depressed about the whole affair, and am thinking of using Weldwood Contact Cement (for formica, plywood laminents, etc). There has to be an answer to this somewhere! Anyone tried SUPERGLUE or 2 PART EPOXY?

Dave

Comment

I found these straps to work as good as smith & nephew skin bond. they can be very pricy but i found the best deal here.

http://www.healthproductsforyou.com/...ve-Strips.html

search bard 150525 6" x 3/4" box of 25
          Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
          Bob Seger

Comment

Ever since S&N stopped production I've been using urocare urobond IV and it's more effective than the original latex solution for me. A bit expensive but much cheaper for me to import from sportaid than to buy here in AUS.
            http://www.sportaid.com/xcart/urocar...flammable.html

Comment

I used skin bond until it was removed and then i tried the self adhering which simply didnt work for me, and i hunted for a replacement . I found uro-bond IV to be the best but it was $90 plus postage for a 3oz bottle. I found it much cheaper to but 6 bottles ''over a years supply'' from the US and paid $35 a bottle I had them shipped via Price USA Who are located in Victoria . It works out about $20AU a month and I have not had one leak since so its worth every cent.

Comment

Has anyone found a good SURGICAL CEMENT simmilar to Skin Bond?
                Yes, for external cathater condoms.
                Thank you

Comment

Try securing condom by adding a rolled strip of 1" tensoplast tape around base of penis .I usually try adding second roll even closer to base of penis for extra security.

Comment

Urocare Uro-Bond IV

http://www.sportaid.com/urocare-uro-...flammable.html

http://www.amazon.com/Urocare-Uro-Bo.../dp/B000QF9NMA

(KLD)
                    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

That's the adhesive that I finally settled on. I've just received a batch where the brush is very short and almost like a spatula. Completely useless. So clean and keep a couple of your old brushes in reserve in case the useless brushes become the norm.

Comment

I purchased a batch from here

http://www.caremedicalsource.com/Sho...sh-On-Adhesive

and found the brushes to be new and improved and go right to the bottom. This is on the Urobond IV. The screwtop is now metal. There was definitely a problem with the brushes separating from the lid whilst applying the Urobond when using the plastic ones, so that is one problem hopefully they have solved. Unfortunately I found this batch to be very thin, so much so that I had to leave the lid open for a couple of days. I don't particularly like doing this because you end up with far less glue in the end. I contacted Urocare and the manufacturing process hasn't changed apparently, so they had no explanation for the glue being very thin.

Just my two cents worth.

Comment

Hmmm, I use Torbot Bonding Cement with a Urocare Urofoam 1-sided adhesive strip (yeah, I'm paranoid!). Usually holds for two days. Oh, I also use skin-prep before applying the cement.

Every once in a while I get a can that seems to be bad, it simply doesn't adhere well. I usually toss it. It's not worth the trouble. I'm not sure why this happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Van Quad View Post
                            That's the adhesive that I finally settled on. I've just received a batch where the brush is very short and almost like a spatula. Completely useless. So clean and keep a couple of your old brushes in reserve in case the useless brushes become the norm.
                            I found the new metal lids brushes to be stiff and terrible as well and have been keeping the old plastic ones. I called to comment/complain about the new cheap lids and the guy I talked to said that they are actually much more expensive. They switched because they had too many complaints about leaking lids and the damage it caused. He forwarded me to someone else who was supposed to know more but I just got his voicemail. I left a message to calll me back. That was last week. Hopefully I will get called soon.

Comment

Working...
                            X