Best non-roho pressure cushion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best non-roho pressure cushion?

The Jay 2 gel deep contour doesn't treat my ischil (sp) area proper.

Is there a supracore, varalite or invacare that will have additional "sweet spot"
    for thighs AND cheeks?
    And the truth shall set you free.

T4M mentioned the Otto Bock cushion ... I'd like to try it. Just a thought.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Hmmm so is the cloiud the best they offer??

Comment

This is a new style Roho, with reduced cell height in the problem pressure areas. I haven't had rhe opportunity to try it out. I know you asked for a non-roho. Just thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone has personal experience with this style.

http://www.therohogroup.com/medical/contour.jsp

For any interested, here is the Otto Bock

http://www.cplqld.org.au/ets/wheelch...ions/basicline
        Last edited by chasb; 03-31-2007, 07:45 PM.

Comment

IMO, the best non-Roho cushion for pressure relief is the J2 Deep Contour. If you think your ischial areas are bottoming, you may wish to consider a replacement fluid pad with a "single fluid overfill" which gives you more gel.

The Cloud doesn't seem too bad, but I don't know enough people using them and have never pressure mapped one.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR
            IMO, the best non-Roho cushion for pressure relief is the J2 Deep Contour. If you think your ischial areas are bottoming, you may wish to consider a replacement fluid pad with a "single fluid overfill" which gives you more gel.

The Cloud doesn't seem too bad, but I don't know enough people using them and have never pressure mapped one.
            its new though..

Comment

Otto Bock Rehab The Cloud featuring Floam

Originally posted by lynnifer
              T4M mentioned the Otto Bock cushion ... I'd like to try it. Just a thought.
              This cushion is something else. Something pretty good must come out on the market before I make a change. I am post 20 years now with zero pressure sores anywhere. With the two posting this week of pressure sores. A pressure sore is nothing to mess with. The last place I want one is on my tail or hip bones. The manufacturer is Otto Bock Rehab, USA 1-800-328-4058, Canada 1-800-665-3327. This is a German company and they make seating products.

http://www.ottobockus.com/products/r...ions_cloud.asp

I sit on an Otto Bock The Cloud featuring Floam. It has a flat stocking that holds 16 jell balls or I call them 16 jelly donuts. Four of them are at the rear which are made of thicker density for the tail and hip bones and the twelve outer ones are less dense. Each donut fits into a sock holder. All sixteen fit four by four. The donuts are color coded incase one does rupture. I never had one break open. I have had many Jay cushions rupture in my early days. This cushion is very low maintenance. I change the cover once a month for washing and cleaning.

Attached is a picture from their website. I give credit to Otto Bock Rehab for their picture.

The only draw back of this cushion is it's weight. It weighs about 12 pounds but most jell cushions are plus ten pounds. But or butt it works!

Check it out?

titanium4motion
              "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Comment

That's good enough for me.

Plus, you don't look like you have much natural padding anywhere! So if it protects your boney points, all the better.

J.

Comment

i've seen a few ottobock's on ebay from time to time and have checked the website and considered em. but DAMN..... 12 pounds????? thats a lotta weight for a quad to try an handle. guess it'd be worth it for pressure relief.

Comment

how thick are these and cost
                    Bike-on.com rep
                    John@bike-on.com
                    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                    sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

i have one of those new roho's....the only prob i've had with it is that it keeps my knees very close to touching, which really crowds my gear...i went back to my old reg roho in my chair and use the new one in the van where due to space, its important to keep my knees together.....

Comment

I use a 3" Star Cushion with the "star-lock" feature. A little hard to set up at first, but way better than my 'gel' cushion.

http://www.starcushion.com/
                        Injured May 19, 2006, C4 incomplete

Comment

I tried a ride designs cushion at a seating clinic I went to yesterday, and let me tell you these things are amazing as far as posture goes. They claim that they are the best for people at high risk for skin breakdown, but they are extremely expensive... somewhere in the neighborhood of $1400-$1500, but they are custom-made
                          "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Comment

I really like the Jay Active cushion, because the gel conforms very well to your bottom to reduce pressure sores. My friend owns a Supraco Contoured cushion and really likes it.

Jessie

Comment

Working...
                            X