Guess this front frame angle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess this front frame angle

This is a TiLIte ZR that I am getting ready for a vet to pick up next week. It has specials for a 2.5" deep cross tube and 14.5" fixed height back. The deeper cross tube is to avoid bottoming if the front upholstery is sagged a little to control frogging as well as make it easier to pick up the chair to load it into a vehicle. The 14.5" fixed back height was selected to provide a solid segment of tubing to clamp on his JetStrem Back (FYI: The chair is 19" wide, but an 18" JetStream will fit). Who wants to guess the front frame angle?

85 degrees...not quite 90...if you draw a straight line, you don't get an isocolise triangle and can see the inside angle is just slightly obtuse.
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Comment

95 degrees
      c6/7 complete

Comment

Eyeball guess = 90 deg or slightly less.
        Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

I'd say 95 deg.

Comment

75 deg

https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

Comment

Isn't the front angle related to the floor, not to the seat? Can't be a 90.... i'm with sis.
              http://official-linerider.com/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jadis
                Isn't the front angle related to the floor, not to the seat? Can't be a 90.... i'm with sis.
                I thought the bend in the frame was the angle under discussion? Guess that's the first question that needs answered.
                Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

Originally posted by CapnGimp
                  75 deg
                  x2.

I'd guess 75 or 80. I have an 85 that's tighter than that.

Comment

I thought the bend in the frame also, but I just looked on mine with the 'shin seekers' as I like to call, them because they stick way out there and it is stamped 70 degrees

so the SEAT PLANE is 180 degrees minus how much the legrest drops from here equals legrest angle
                    Looks to be about 95 lbut LOOKS can be deceiving, I'd guess 105 degress I was measuring the wrong way AND TBDeaux's pic helps
                    Last edited by CapnGimp; 01-20-2007, 07:39 PM.

Comment

How is the front angle measured anyway? Wheelchair manufacturers seem to use a strange method.

My understanding is that A is the angle between the seat tube and the downtube. But it seems like manufacturers use B to determine the frame angle. If this is correct, you can see from the picture that tbdeaux posted that the angle is clearly greater than 90°.
                      c6/7 complete

Comment

yes you are correct, and to further clarify, the REAR wheels would be to the LEFT of angle A, when the seat dump is great as in here, this sorta confuses the situation Angle B is what is stamped on my legrests, hence my 70 degree shin seekers
                        Nice chair BTW, for a SOLDIER to whom I am greatful. Hand Salute !

Comment

And the winner is....

Scott! (Kind of)

Yes it's true, this front frame angle is 80 degrees.
                          Front STF is 20"
                          Rear STF is 15.5"

I'll post more pics when its completed.
                          Last edited by SCI_OTR; 01-21-2007, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Nice chair & looks like a very nice ride. A little more dump than this old butt can handle.

Just curious, any idea how that set up pressure maps out SCI_OTR ?

Comment

I'm curious also.
                              My injury is C5/6
                              How is it that you guys with lower levels sit with so much dump?
                              Why do you sit with so much dump?

Comment

Working...
                              X