Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W/C Cushions with a FAN!!!

W/C Cushions with a FAN!!!

I wanted to share my satisfaction with this product in case you too might be interested

I am a full time wheelchair user due to MS and have been using one of these cushions for several months now. I am extremely pleased with its ability to greatly reduce moisture from my bum. (It is very comfortable as well.)

More information can be found here: www.airerx.com

Is that cushion pretty comfortable and does it give you good pressure relief?

Comment

yes, to both of your questions. those were two of my concerns as well. they have a 30 day risk free trial so i figured i didn't have anything to lose if not.

Comment

Noise factor?

Comment

How much are they?

Comment

i have the spc cushion and it is very quiet.

prices vary. see below. also, it appears that medicare covers them.

http://www.airerx.com/Cushions.html

http://www.airerx.com

Comment

Has anyone else tried this cushion?

Comment

Sounds interesting. I'd like to know how it compares too
                My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Comment

I tried one this weekend. Very hard and not very good for pressure relief for me. Fan was not to loud but only lasted about 6 hours. I'm sending it back. C-6 Quad with normal sensation on my butt. I need a new cushion that keeps sweat away and is very soft. Any ideas? I have a Roho and tried the Stimulite. Roho holds in the sweat and Stimulites xs is to hard for me. Please help me!

Comment

tigger- how long did you give the Stimulite? It was hard for me too...but after a week it softened up...just wondering.
                    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Comment

I've had it over a year and sit on it for 6 months. I switch from time to time to my roho then to my stimulite. The Stimulite just kills my butt sitting on it all day. I do pressure reliefs but it still doesn't help me.

Comment

Brilliant idea! Not sure how it is for pressure relief, but now you can fart and someone on the other side of the room will get blamed for it.
                        "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEye
                          Brilliant idea! Not sure how it is for pressure relief, but now you can fart and someone on the other side of the room will get blamed for it.
                          It would be great if it was only more softer. Yeah it will blow the farts out....lol It might be great for someone else but my bottom is to skinny and sore for sitting almost 10 years now on it. I can't believe it will be 10 years this August. I was told I'd be walking by 5 years after my accident and no later then 10 years. Looking like they going to say another 10 more years you might move a fingers. I need a good cushion that you don't have to adjust.

Comment

Gives new meaning to the phrase "Blow it out your arse"

Comment

Originally posted by wheeliecoach
                              how long did you give the Stimulite? It was hard for me too...but after a week it softened up...just wondering.
                              I tried a Stimulite cushion... for about a minute. I wasn't going to trust my butt to that rock for any longer than that.

I was seriously amazed at how hard the damn thing was. Do you still use one? I just can't imagine that anyone at risk of developing pressure sores would use one of those cushions. Does anyone else here use one?

C.

Comment

Working...
                              X