Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

folding push handles

hello
    my new chair, a tilite trc i havent ordered yet, is going to have push handles. i dont like them, but thats another story. i would quite like folding push handles, like on the quickie, so i can get them out of my way... are the quickie ones removable? could i get a set and drill receiving holes on the seat posts, or whatever? are there other, similar ones that might work? i want the titanium backrest, so the long handles that clamp to the backrest bar arent an option - besides i dont like them - so my only option is the set of intergrated ones. i think they look like fishhooks...
    any suggestions?

I have a Quickie GP with a folding back and I switched to the folding push handles. They attach and detach easily, but you need a Allen wrench to secure the screw that holds them in place. I keep mine in my underseat pack (I use the underseat pack from Adaptable Designs) along with a set of Allen wrenches that came with my chair so if I need assistance, I bolt them on and away I go. When I don't want them around, I simply remove them and stow them away.

If your new chair has bolt-on push handles, you can swap them for the Quickie folding handles. Most of the time, I have them stowed, but when I do want to use them, I can attach them pretty quickly and detach them quickly as well.

Comment

thanks maribel
      i did get the trc, and ended up getting the aluminium back with the bolt-on handles - but im still interested i switching to the folding ones if i can...
      amy

Comment

I am interested in the folding pust handles also. I have a Quickie Ti with fixed handles and wanted to switch them out. Does anyone know where I can find them?
        "Donny you're out of your element!" ~ Walter Sobchak

T-5 Complete 9/15/06

Comment

With folding push handles....is it safe for someone to pull you up a few stairs? Sometimes I go places that have a few steps up and down. I think I'd be nervous with someone pulling me up a flight of stairs without solid integrated handles.

Comment

at the moment, my handles bolt-on to the backrest bar. if i get/can find folding handles, anyone lifting my chair will have to use that bar

Comment

Originally posted by Maribel
              I have a Quickie GP with a folding back and I switched to the folding push handles. They attach and detach easily, but you need a Allen wrench to secure the screw that holds them in place. I keep mine in my underseat pack (I use the underseat pack from Adaptable Designs) along with a set of Allen wrenches that came with my chair so if I need assistance, I bolt them on and away I go. When I don't want them around, I simply remove them and stow them away.

If your new chair has bolt-on push handles, you can swap them for the Quickie folding handles. Most of the time, I have them stowed, but when I do want to use them, I can attach them pretty quickly and detach them quickly as well.
              I have a Quickie GP with push handles that attach onto that horizontal bar in the back of the backframe. Are these considered bolt-on push handles? If so, where can I get a pair of those folding push handles? I've wanted a pair of those ever since I saw them on a Quickie GT chair my friend tested out earlier in the year.

Jessie

Comment

theyre available as options with most of the quickie ultralight chairs, and sportaid sells them (as part of a chair package) for $63. i have no idea whether or not they sell them on their own (or with a different chair) and one of these days ill get around to emailing them - maybe whenever i decide on the exact folder/backup i want (currently im looking at the quickie revolution, which doesnt have the folding push handles as an option, but i think they would be needed).

Comment

Originally posted by amyk
                  theyre available as options with most of the quickie ultralight chairs, and sportaid sells them (as part of a chair package) for $63. i have no idea whether or not they sell them on their own (or with a different chair) and one of these days ill get around to emailing them - maybe whenever i decide on the exact folder/backup i want (currently im looking at the quickie revolution, which doesnt have the folding push handles as an option, but i think they would be needed).
                  I agree with you, I have a Quickie Revolution chair as a backup and it needs to have folding push handles. Especially when everything else on the chair folds up.

Jessie

Comment

Working...
                  X