Hoyer Advance lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoyer Advance lift

Does anyone have one of these? Or can you suggest a reasonably portable lift?

Thanks!

I like this one:

http://www.molift.com/smart_e.htm
    www.ableminded.net

Comment

The Advance is new. I have seen it at trade shows but not had a chance to actually try it. I really like the Molift Smart, and have used it. Another lift you should look at would be the LikoLight.

(KLD)
      Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 09-30-2006, 09:18 PM.
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

We would be using this to get Don off his handcycle and into his chair until he builds enough upper body strength to do the 10-12 inch vertical transfer himself... Do you think that we would need a motorized lift or could we do with a manual lift mechanism... he weighs about 165 lbs.

Thanks!

Comment

A power lift is easier and safer to use for the caregiver. Although you can get a cheaper manual lift, the repeated stresses on the caregivers hands, wrists and elbow using a pump or crank mechanism can cause pain and problems such as CTS down the road.

(KLD)
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
          X