Schwalbe Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schwalbe Tires

Just wanted to let people know about Schwalbe tires. I've run Primo Racers and Primo Passage tires for the last 15 years. I recently came across Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires, and they rock. They are 25-559 on a Quickie Ti (heat treated spoke wheels) and the traction and wear is so much better. They do cost more than the Primos, but from what I've seen they will last twice as long.

I couldn't agree more, my Schwalbe tires are better than anything I've ever used before. They say you can go through a "pile of glass" and not get a puncture.

I run over pushpins all the time (architecture studio), and that hasn't been a problem...also, lots of glass in the street (university neighborhood) and no flats in 2 yrs!

My sweetie liked them so much that he bought sets for all of his bikes (he's a bike nut).

Comment

I tried to order them with my new chair, but apparently I couldn't get them in 26" At least not through Kuschall...When I'm due for a tire change-out I'll be looking to get them...I REALLY liked them on the demo I had, but I went for 26" instead of 24" wheels on my new chair...
      'Chelle
      L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Comment

I've been running the 559 stelvios on my handcycle for the last 4 years and have had great luck with them, every bit as good as the contis only less money.
        "Life is about how you
        respond to not only the
        challenges you're dealt but
        the challenges you seek...If
        you have no goals, no
        mountains to climb, your
        soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Here the info for the North American Distributor http://www.schwalbetires.com/

Comment

Thanks Karl!!
            'Chelle
            L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Comment

Originally posted by canuck
              Here the info for the North American Distributor http://www.schwalbetires.com/
              These look and sound amazing for all kinds of reasons. Have not found a real competitve alternative to the Continental I used for many years.

I can call but wondering if anyone knows if the price shown online is in US$ or CDN$?

William

... rolling since 1989

BE NICE!It's free

P.S. ~ I have "handicapabilities"

TWITTER: @MacBerry

Comment

I've got Schwalbe puncture protection wheels. They came with my chair, and they are a nightmare.
                They have a solid insert, but the part with air in deflates really quickly. Ugh

Comment

Titan I would hope the prices are quoted in Canadian $$ but I'm not sure

Comment

Schwalbe Tire update

Well, next month will be a year since I put the marathon plus tires on, and they still have some tread left (on the inside) outside is like new. Anyway I think I'll try a set of the Kenda Klipper tires next. They are cheaper, and I've seen some decent reviews on them.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...1T4N9&v=glance

Anyone else run the Kenda Klippers??

Comment

the marathon supremes look pretty cool. almost like a fancy car tire. i recently went with shox solid tires instead of kenda 100 psi. i really seem to like these.they are a lil heavier but i love not having to worry about flats.
                      Josh S.
                      T6 complete as of 7/17/03

Comment

I'd like to run some solids on my Ti but am worried about the amount of resistance. I've had my share of flats in 16 years...............

I once tried a set of Kik tires from Sportaid, but they were like pushing a set of bricks, plus they were totaly slick.

Comment

Sportaid is carrying the Schwalbe Marathon Plus

Sportaid is carrying the Schwalbe Marathon Plus and the Stelvio handcycle tire also.

Marathons are $49.00/pair

http://www.sportaid.com/catalog/page33b.shtml

Comment

I'm loving my Schwalbe's. Sportaid just stated carrying them too.
                            HALF-PRICE!!!
                            http://www.sportaid.com/product.php?...-es&mode=build
                            "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
                            Winston Churchill

Comment

I switched to Schwalbe and won't use anything else now. Amazing traction and cool looking. Guy at the bikes store was amazed that they take 140 psi.
                              Thank you Sportaid!

Comment

Working...
                              X