Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Van broke, but still need to transport powerchair

Any ideas?

I need to get the renaissance fest this weekend, but my ramp mini-van is broke. There's an electrical problem with the side door and they say it'll cost at least $500 and take awhile to get fixed.

Any ideas on transporting a heavy powerchair w/o a ramp van?
    May the fetus you save be gay

Do you have rental insurance?

Comment

trailer for the car or van?

Comment

How about a rental mini van, you could transfer ino the passenger seat, and have someone drive you? Driver could put chair in the back with some pieces of wood for ramps. (Taking a seat out).

OR, is there any transportation available? SOme of the towns around here (Not mine of course ) have wheelchair van transportation for seniors and disabled residents.
        Last edited by sjean423; 6 Sep 2006, 2:18 PM.
        T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Originally posted by onaroll
          trailer for the car or van?
          good idea. i could borrow a boat trailer from my dad or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunker
            Do you have rental insurance?
            no

Comment

Is this the motor for your door or your ramp. My friend Stan has MS and uses a van with automatic doors and lifts. When his motor on his lift broke I used a belt so he could pull up the lift. The door would open without the motor. I would take a friend who is AB and have some fun. We have one down here in Georgia and I enjoyed going (except the gravel, overpriced beer) but really fun and gets better every year. I help him now because Stan wrecked his NEW van so I have a tilt trailer and I get his manual chair, he drives up on the trailer and transfers to his manual. I strap his chair down and we have a big tarp in case of rain.

Comment

yea. flip up the lever and put it in manual. someone ab can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizbv
                  yea. flip up the lever and put it in manual. someone ab can do it.
                  Flip the lever on the ramp or door? I am SCI and do it ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunker
                    Flip the lever on the ramp or door? I am SCI and do it ok.
                    my entervan has a lever inside thaT u lift. then you push lift open. not sure how others work

Comment

I just did manual. http://www.amsvans.com/?page=currentSpecials People will take advantage of your situation. I have found that the best is free

Comment

Working...
                      X